Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Auto Pick-Up

Lady_Pebbles

Default Auto Pick-Up

Can we get an option to have the toon automaticly pick-up loot as we run through maps? Makes runs go a lot smoother. Also, picking-up the loot automaticly makes sure we get them in our inventories after being DCed from the Obsidian Boss map. Too many freeze-up leading to the app being FCed. Happens on other maps too.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lady_Pebbles For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles View Post

Can we get an option to have the toon automaticly pick-up loot as we run through maps? Makes runs go a lot smoother. Also, picking-up the loot automaticly makes sure we get them in our inventories after being DCed from the Obsidian Boss map. Too many freeze-up leading to the app being FCed. Happens on other maps too.

yea im sure i missed some vanities this way also... -_- i would love to have a little check box in our menu, this would help for certain ppl who grind and using elixers.

p.s. sometimes my screen is to dark in the right lighting so yea i miss drops XD
    Last edited by octavos; 08-31-2012 at 10:31 AM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

100% agree to this.

Imagine if you were to get a vanity drop but go through the portal at the end and miss it? That would be really annoying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletonlord View Post
    100% agree to this.

Imagine if you were to get a vanity drop but go through the portal at the end and miss it? That would be really annoying.
    Yeah or hit that auto exit bug when you turn over a body near the portal.

It really is a must. I don't know of any downside other than development time.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

I mean, Pocket Legends and Star Legends have a auto pick up system, so it would not be hard to implement.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Or make it an elixir for 50P an hour.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

This option would be amazing. It would certainly get rid of our anxieties about missing something and running back through the dungeon just to be sure.

Though I probably would only want auto-pickup for pinks, vanities and relics, which is different than the SL/PL system.
    Last edited by Fyrce; 08-31-2012 at 02:17 PM.

Star light, star bright...

9.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #8
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    Yeah or hit that auto exit bug when you turn over a body near the portal.

It really is a must. I don't know of any downside other than development time.
    A majority of these I addressed earlier today, and will likely go out with an update next week. There were a large number of chests that were too close to the end dungeon glyph.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    A majority of these I addressed earlier today, and will likely go out with an update next week. There were a large number of chests that were too close to the end dungeon glyph.

This is still a gray area. What if I don't want to pick up every white or green gem I see?

Lady_Pebbles

Quote Originally Posted by Aaroniero Arruruerie:766488

This is still a gray area. What if I don't want to pick up every white or green gem I see?

Then don't select the "puck-up all" option... Just choose from the check boxes under it which loot you want to pick-up atomaticly. Problem solved. XD

13.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #11
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

This also ties into another problem that I wish to address, which is the idea of selecting an option that will enable or disable a confirmation dialogue that pops up asking something along the lines of "Leave dungeon?" that must be OKed before it will begin leaving. Would something like this address this particular problem?

I can't put a timeframe on this as it's an off to the side improvement but I would like to do it in the near future.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

This also ties into another problem that I wish to address, which is the idea of selecting an option that will enable or disable a confirmation dialogue that pops up asking something along the lines of "Leave dungeon?" that must be OKed before it will begin leaving. Would something like this address this particular problem?

I can't put a timeframe on this as it's an off to the side improvement but I would like to do it in the near future.
    It's a good idea....but sometimes when I'm using an elixir and trying to go as fast as possible through a dungeon I wish I could just step on the portal and instantly leave the dungeons with the xp and gold. Maybe have it reward you right when you get back to your map? In conjunction with the auto loot option, you won't have people leaving loot behind anyways.
    Antimattter- Lvl 21 Hunter
    Shockwave- Lvl 21 Warrior GM of <Event Horizon>
    Antimatter- Lvl 17 Sorcerer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Would love to see that Cara.

EDIT: would it be possible to make it give you an alert on pink and above drops, or perhaps some little arrows under the character pointing towards drops? the real problem is sometimes we don't notice where the drops are, sometime they would drop behind or right onto something big like the stones in last mission and become really hard to notice especially when doing speed farm runs.

I really like the current drop system as i didn't really like PL's pop-into-your-inv thingy, but while leaving a dungeon i'm always looking around like an idiot to see if i missed anything lol.

Another idea, why not press a button that makes either drops have their name above them or just the word "loot", or make them glow harder like when charging a weapon? would really like to hear your opinion on this.
    Last edited by YuNoEatBeaRs; 09-02-2012 at 08:19 PM.

Lady_Pebbles

I like that idea too Cara.

18.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #15
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by YuNoEatBeaRs View Post
    Would love to see that Cara.

EDIT: would it be possible to make it give you an alert on pink and above drops, or perhaps some little arrows under the character pointing towards drops? the real problem is sometimes we don't notice where the drops are, sometime they would drop behind or right onto something big like the stones in last mission and become really hard to notice especially when doing speed farm runs.

I really like the current drop system as i didn't really like PL's pop-into-your-inv thingy, but while leaving a dungeon i'm always looking around like an idiot to see if i missed anything lol.

Another idea, why not press a button that makes either drops have their name above them or just the word "loot", or make them glow harder like when charging a weapon? would really like to hear your opinion on this.
    Alert on threshold for drop rarities might be possible, however displaying the information in game mid play through would get very difficult to manage. We have to be sure we accommodate all the platforms we support, with their varying screen resolutions and processing power. The idea is good, and I know you're referring to similar systems from Diablo 2 and 3, Titan Quest and the like.

Of the things mentioned here having some form of indicator on the HUD would be the most likely candidate. That's being said of course, before actually looking into its feasibility. I can't guarantee anything

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Alert on threshold for drop rarities might be possible, however displaying the information in game mid play through would get very difficult to manage. We have to be sure we accommodate all the platforms we support, with their varying screen resolutions and processing power. The idea is good, and I know you're referring to similar systems from Diablo 2 and 3, Titan Quest and the like.

Of the things mentioned here having some form of indicator on the HUD would be the most likely candidate. That's being said of course, before actually looking into its feasibility. I can't guarantee anything
    Most want pinks or above when it comes to loot, the rest is free money... that's why a notification of a drop pink or above would be feasible. all other input is good to, but cara hopefully its manageable.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I like this idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    109 Posts

<<having some form of indicator on the HUD would be the most likely candidate>>
    <<along the lines of "Leave dungeon?" that must be OKed >>

Great idea, like YuNoEatBeaRs I also check, double check, recheck to make sure I did not leave real valuable vanity behind, an indicator would be very helpfull.
    And the same goes for an OK button, too often I activate leaving while a I want to turn over a body, open a chest or destroy something breakable near the portal.

Lady_Pebbles

I got a few vanities tbis week and each time I had no idea they were there because the mobs on those maps cover everything up (despite the glowing lights). So when the blue text popped up on my screen I was surprised.

The ideas Cara suggested would really help.