Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: StarLegends Weapon Design Contest - ENGINEER SUBMISSIONS THREAD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Finally done with mine x.x I decided to just edit my post.

Sent from my J.A.R.V.I.S.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Character Name: Soldierblue

Category: Engineer

Item Name: Lifeseeker

The first rough sketch to show the basic idea

And the fisished design (only the left hand; right hand would look the same)

Maybe i will add a colored version later on ^^

Please excuse some grammar fails, english is not my main language ^^;

Description:*
    Dynastar employees discovered the first sketches of this weapon in the Scorn data base and soon after a team with Dynastars best scientists was send to construct a weapon based on those plans.*

The final gun was a glove-like hand blaster with various kinds of pipes connectes with it and weird, while unequipped transparent, crystals on it. After the first testsubject had equiped the two gloves the various crystals on the outside started turning red and the pipes soon began to fill with a red liquid wich obviously was blood, soaked up at the owners wrist. Then it was transported to a small storage tank and from there pumped to something similar to a *core. *When fired red energy flashes were released out of the huge crystal on the hand, dealing an extreme amount of damage. Due to this the scientist decided to call the gun "Lifeseeker" ; yet not knowing how fitting the name would prove itself soon. At this stage of development Dynastar Lab was positive the gun would be ready for sale very soon.*

---

The poor scientist who had been chosen to test the lifeseeker was found extremely weekend and pale in his lab, with shivering hands trying to unequip the gloves. He died shortly after that in a hospital, also the hospital staff didnt manage to remove the weapon from his hands. This mentionable accident showed the lead developer that his new weapon had still some room for improvement.
    After some *more testing it was proven that the hand blaster's red energy flashes were draining the foe's life force, right enough to negate *the negative life drain on the user. *If it was possibe to enlarge the life seeking effect *is still under development. Now the problem with the weapon being unremovable bound to the user is still a huge problem for the commercial sale of it on Blackstar. But regardless Dynastar Labs is still positive that the weapon will be in store soon enough to finally beat their rival Cycorps. *("If we cant fix this till the release date we can always patch it later" - Dynastar Lab lead product manager)*

Possible Quote will come soon ^^*
    Last edited by Soldier Blue; 09-12-2012 at 12:44 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Soldier Blue For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Cool Schtoiven's Slashing Gauntlets

Just getting mine in the thread. I'm not sure I'll be able to get around to coloring these, since I'm also working on com and op weapons. School is also starting to weigh down. Anyways, here it is as it stands for now.

Name:  Engineer Gloves.JPG
Views: 814
Size:  418.8 KB
    Colors will match up to the new engineer armor set.

Character Name: Schtoiven
    Item Name: Schtoiven's Slashing Gauntlets
    Description: Sick of getting beaten up by the mercenaries in Dynastar, Schtoiven finally decided it was time for an upgrade to melee-capable weapons. Unfortunately, these didn't help so he threw them out. They were then discovered in a recycling can on Blackstar by some UC scientists who had been experimenting with demon souls. These scientists managed to energize the blades and installed the capacity to bounce energy between the blades and fire lightning. They have a tendency to fire backwards, most likely because the demons don't really like being used... Finding his design had been stolen, Schtoiven broke into the lab and reclaimed his new soul-infused gauntlets, and plans to use them to rule the universe! His expectations are definitely a little too high, but no one dares to tell him that.

I know this isn't necessary, but, as an engineer, I think the design process is just as interesting as the end result!
    Design process: Gloves have all been fairly plain, only a hand that shoots lightning, with an attachment occasionally. I love swords and blades, and figured why not combine the two? Hence, bladed gloves. However, whatever I designed needed to be realistic in terms of difficulty to create within SL, so I tried to keep everything simple. There is no excess of detail, everything that is on is on because it works and works well. I drew out a bunch of different blades to choose from, then worked on some connection struts between gloves and blades. The ones used have crystals housing some of the demon soul.
    Recognizing I couldn't draw hands well, I drew a very basic shape, which was later squared off to match the style. I considered protection when creating the forearm guard, having it extend farther on the outside. At this point, the glove part is all very vague, so I looked towards the new armor for shape and details, which led to the squaring of fingers, vents, and demon soul crystals. Two are located in each blade, and two on each side of the forearm guard. A little retouching and I called it done.
    Last edited by Schtoiven; 09-11-2012 at 12:15 AM.
    "You know why the call me Sch? That's the sound of my blade before they die."
    Schtoiven [36/41 eng], Schwift [36/41 op], Schteel [36/41 com], Schtoiv [25 en], +4 SECRETS!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Soldier Blue View Post
    Character Name: Soldierblue

Item Name: Lifeseeker

The first rough sketch to show the basic idea

And the fisished design (only the left hand; right hand would look the same)

Maybe i will add a colored version later on ^^

Also i will add the description and a possible quote soon ^^;
    Solute: hands are the hardest body part to draw, and you excel on it. Kutoes to you.
    Click the link to get to my new Signature Shop!