Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: StarLegends Weapon Design Contest - ENGINEER SUBMISSIONS THREAD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enifreboz View Post
    any prize?
    And you quoted the whole OP why? And yes, 100 plat to the winner.
    Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes! -Billy Connolly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Name: Painlezz/Tinkerballa
    Weapon Classification: Gauntlet-Engineer
    Weapon Name: Vampiric Kiss

Details: This weapon, described as a yellow gauntlet with purple joints and a red sunburst pattern on each palm, is a massively destructive weapon. Both to target and wearer. It fires red beams of undetermined energy signals. These beams can easily melt reinforced Carballoy and attack 2 different targets but at a cost. Engineers who have tested this weapon have reported a life force drain. Sometimes substantially, engineers who did not pay attention to this have found themselves drained to a husk. The upside to this is it seems to grant a mass mana regeneration effect. Also strangely, a fresh lemony scent.
    Mental Side Effects: Insanity, Dementia, Schizofrenia, and most infuriating.... A tendency to hum "Don't Worry, Be Happy-Bobby
    Mcferrin"
    *The last tester before mass production, a Medic 3rd Class with GunRunCrew named Tinkerballa, was known to laugh maniacally and scream "The screams... I love the Screams!!" after repeated use of the gauntlets. More research is required, but doesn't seem to be much of a problem.

Specs:
    ROF: 6.8/10, moderate high
    Dmg: 8.7/10, high
    DPS Primary: 9.1/10, high
    DPS Secondary: 6.3/10, moderate
    Range: 10/10, extremely high

Buffs: +125 hp, +45 mp, +75 armour, +8 mp/sec regen. +20 Int, +15 Dex
    *+100 max/mp party effect

Side Effect: -6 hp/sec

* Note: The Annihilation Matrix seems to have damaged our surveillance equipment permanently.
    Last edited by Painlezz; 09-17-2012 at 02:28 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

ign moderater
    gun name tankers tnt glove

See the fullsize version at: http://s1168.photobucket.com/albums/...er_media_share

one day an eng saw commandos destroying the village using tnt, the eng arrested them and used their tnt to modify his glove
    Last edited by asifaiab; 09-06-2012 at 09:30 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by loa moderater View Post
    ign moderater
    gun name tankers tnt glove

See the fullsize version at: http://s1168.photobucket.com/albums/...er_media_share

one day an eng saw commandos destroying the village using tnt, the eng arrested them and used their tnt to modify his glove
    Dont looks like a glove though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Beta

Character name: Monarca

Category: Engineer

Item Name: Hands Of Monarchy

Description: Currently used named after him by a fairly known mysterious Recruiter named Monarca who was full of curiousity and experience with building weapons over the time when fighting scorn and discovering about them until one day he used one of their devastating weapons of true demise to fight back against the evil ridden Scorn colony...this unique weapon made out of the infamous durability of bones and flesh from the sacrificed demons that the scorn priests used and was also impressively custom made with the addition of Blackstar technology by Monarca himself, it has been known and battle-tested to make unusual chaotic damage unlike any other hand blasters in the galaxy, the furiously green energy charged from the center circle of the palm fired into a circular scattered motion slowly destroying the enemy's vital organs from the outside causing him to be stunned, it would also steal the enemy's health to the user using the scorn's shady technology and make him suffer even to manipulate it to harm others of his kind with the impact of the blast to the brain that disrupts their sense of instinct with the single use of this highly sophisticated weapon

"Monarchy is power and once power-ridden only the Gods can stop it..."-Recruiter Monarca

This is still on works I have now done a updated quick sketch with color I'm pretty u know which one is top and bottom, in a few days I will make a more detailed sketch tell me what you think so far thanks :-)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Jojoisbeast; 09-07-2012 at 02:02 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How to send a picture?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony122Munche View Post
    How to send a picture?
    use photobucket

Rik[Rittik]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Props to sts for inspiring this design utterly and completely. The new engi-gears look awesome and deserve a pair of hands to match!

Character Name: Biblical

Weapon Classification: Engineering Gloves

Weapon Name: Biblical's Priest-Tech Claws

Weapon Desctription: "Wow, so that glowy stuff is demon soul?!?!?!"
    Last edited by xcon; 09-08-2012 at 12:20 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    267 Posts

Default Jalapeno Poppers

Character Name: Cancer

Items Name: Jalapeño Poppers

Name:  IMAG0068.jpg
Views: 797
Size:  241.3 KB

Description: Well basically its two Jalapeño Vular pet heads that have been converted into engineer gloves. They are similar to the Wielding Torches since they also have a beam of plasma energy on each glove. Color of the heads are green while the plasma beams are yellow. Might add a color pic if I ever get to it.

AL: Generalzod

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

No need to ask anyone for help,here's a pet for you to help you

Name:  thumbnail.jpg
Views: 594
Size:  3.7 KB Name:  thumbnail (1).jpg
Views: 582
Size:  3.2 KB

this time there should be a pet drop which will help us in fighting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xcon:773631
    Props to sts for inspiring this design utterly and completely. The new engi-gears look awesome and deserve a pair of hands to match!

Character Name: Biblical

Weapon Classification: Engineering Gloves

Weapon Name: Biblical's Priest-Tech Claws

Attachment 16295

Weapon Desctription: "Wow, so that glowy stuff is demon soul?!?!?!"
    Those look Dope

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Finally done with mine x.x I decided to just edit my post.

Sent from my J.A.R.V.I.S.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Character Name: Soldierblue

Item Name: Lifeseeker

The first rough sketch to show the basic idea

And the fisished design (only the left hand; right hand would look the same)

Maybe i will add a colored version later on ^^

Please excuse some grammar fails, english is not my main language ^^;

Description:*
    Dynastar employees discovered the first sketches of this weapon in the Scorn data base and soon after a team with Dynastars best scientists was send to construct a weapon based on those plans.*

The final gun was a glove-like hand blaster with various kinds of pipes connectes with it and weird, while unequipped transparent, crystals on it. After the first testsubject had equiped the two gloves the various crystals on the outside started turning red and the pipes soon began to fill with a red liquid wich obviously was blood, soaked up at the owners wrist. Then it was transported to a small storage tank and from there pumped to something similar to a *core. *When fired red energy flashes were released out of the huge crystal on the hand, dealing an extreme amount of damage. Due to this the scientist decided to call the gun "Lifeseeker" ; yet not knowing how fitting the name would prove itself soon. At this stage of development Dynastar Lab was positive the gun would be ready for sale very soon.*

---

The poor scientist who had been chosen to test the lifeseeker was found extremely weekend and pale in his lab, with shivering hands trying to unequip the gloves. He died shortly after that in a hospital, also the hospital staff didnt manage to remove the weapon from his hands. This mentionable accident showed the lead developer that his new weapon had still some room for improvement.
    After some *more testing it was proven that the hand blaster's red energy flashes were draining the foe's life force, right enough to negate *the negative life drain on the user. *If it was possibe to enlarge the life seeking effect *is still under development. Now the problem with the weapon being unremovable bound to the user is still a huge problem for the commercial sale of it on Blackstar. But regardless Dynastar Labs is still positive that the weapon will be in store soon enough to finally beat their rival Cycorps. *("If we cant fix this till the release date we can always patch it later" - Dynastar Lab lead product manager)*

Possible Quote will come soon ^^*
    Last edited by Soldier Blue; 09-12-2012 at 12:44 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Soldier Blue For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Cool Schtoiven's Slashing Gauntlets

Just getting mine in the thread. I'm not sure I'll be able to get around to coloring these, since I'm also working on com and op weapons. School is also starting to weigh down. Anyways, here it is as it stands for now.

Name:  Engineer Gloves.JPG
Views: 814
Size:  418.8 KB
    Colors will match up to the new engineer armor set.

Character Name: Schtoiven
    Item Name: Schtoiven's Slashing Gauntlets
    Description: Sick of getting beaten up by the mercenaries in Dynastar, Schtoiven finally decided it was time for an upgrade to melee-capable weapons. Unfortunately, these didn't help so he threw them out. They were then discovered in a recycling can on Blackstar by some UC scientists who had been experimenting with demon souls. These scientists managed to energize the blades and installed the capacity to bounce energy between the blades and fire lightning. They have a tendency to fire backwards, most likely because the demons don't really like being used... Finding his design had been stolen, Schtoiven broke into the lab and reclaimed his new soul-infused gauntlets, and plans to use them to rule the universe! His expectations are definitely a little too high, but no one dares to tell him that.

I know this isn't necessary, but, as an engineer, I think the design process is just as interesting as the end result!
    Design process: Gloves have all been fairly plain, only a hand that shoots lightning, with an attachment occasionally. I love swords and blades, and figured why not combine the two? Hence, bladed gloves. However, whatever I designed needed to be realistic in terms of difficulty to create within SL, so I tried to keep everything simple. There is no excess of detail, everything that is on is on because it works and works well. I drew out a bunch of different blades to choose from, then worked on some connection struts between gloves and blades. The ones used have crystals housing some of the demon soul.
    Recognizing I couldn't draw hands well, I drew a very basic shape, which was later squared off to match the style. I considered protection when creating the forearm guard, having it extend farther on the outside. At this point, the glove part is all very vague, so I looked towards the new armor for shape and details, which led to the squaring of fingers, vents, and demon soul crystals. Two are located in each blade, and two on each side of the forearm guard. A little retouching and I called it done.
    Last edited by Schtoiven; 09-11-2012 at 12:15 AM.
    "You know why the call me Sch? That's the sound of my blade before they die."
    Schtoiven [36/41 eng], Schwift [36/41 op], Schteel [36/41 com], Schtoiv [25 en], +4 SECRETS!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony122Munche View Post
    How to send a picture?
    if from mobile you can use tapatalk new ver.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Soldier Blue View Post

Also i will add the description and a possible quote soon ^^;
    I'm jealous of your attention to detail. I just can't seem to draw things like that :/

Sent from my J.A.R.V.I.S.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Soldier Blue View Post

Also i will add the description and a possible quote soon ^^;
    Solute: hands are the hardest body part to draw, and you excel on it. Kutoes to you.
    Click the link to get to my new Signature Shop!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Item: Azi's Chaos Bracers
    Class: Engineer

This is a pair of bracers I have developed in honor of Infinite Unions most beloved Star Guard, Ebalere. Currently there only one pair in existence and are stored at an undisclosed location. These guns are worn as bracers on your forearms (the center is not a barrel, you put your arms in there... trust me). This frees up the engineers hands so they can do things like actually type on the computer consoles in blackstar. I do hope to have an animation done up on how these beauties work, but it may not be at the end of the contest if I'm lucky. I am currently testing different firing timings on these things like either firing from all three barrels at same time or in sequences. My most favourite by far is when you charge them up and blast all six barrels at the same time (of course charging is a DL thing, but i can still dream), the kickback is pretty impressive. I imagine that if you had a running start and jumped with these things pointed to the ground you probably could get 6 - 10 ft off the ground. They are built pretty tough so you could melee combat by striking your opponent on the side of the head with one of these.

Here are some notes on this model.
    I drew this up using Blender (www.blender.org) with the Cycles Render
    I do have a few more minor details to add, I may be able to add them before the contest is over.
    I like the name but it also does sound a lot like the Chaos Breather IG.

Im going to try to insert the video here
    Trial 1:
    https://plus.google.com/photos/10498...32006813995570
    Last edited by Azibas; 09-14-2012 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Updated URL

Azibas, My Guess is 2027

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Azibas For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Oh my days! There's some serious talent around here! Can't wait to see them in game! I want them all! Guys, you rock! *Thanks everyone*

Oh, and...

Name:  1238274558387.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  43.5 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

IGN: Divinehawkz

Cybershockwave Gaunglet

Name:  rHouV.jpg
Views: 682
Size:  137.8 KB

-Electric glowing red/blue color.
    -Sparks can be seen when enemy dies, die from electric.
    Last edited by kateku; 09-13-2012 at 07:39 AM.

*DivineHawkz -46 Operative
    Tired and sad but fun.. - Feitan