Thread: pros N cons

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default pros N cons

Hello my fellow Alterrians, If you dont know me Im just a random mage or bird, same name. I can on for days talking about pros and cons about 2x weekend, but the reality is to a normal player who doesnt buy plat good luck trying to join a game I cant randomly join any game any map without getting booted or told 4x only plz i have spent 2 mil on gold lix alone this weekend seeing how my play day is the opposing week of 2x weekend and Its really getting me livid to players who abuse the boot option when the team is not full and im on 1.5 my K/d is better then all of the ppl who boot me idk they continue, Ive taken screen shots of rude boots and taken names of players who abuse it, So what would be real cool take off the boot option for any other 2x weekend I can be on thrash and still not boot anybody, the ugly really comes in ppl during 2x weekends really like a riot it creates madness and rude ppl come out all day anll night not cool when it takes me 1 hour to join a single game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts

so people boot u. its part of the game and you have to deal with it
    Jcyee: 76 PL Bear | 41 AL Warrior | 36 DL Vampire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have for 3 days now even when ppl are not on thrash i still get booted its no big deal but after 2 days of it I really start to get livid at the boot option trust me I dont care if i get booted but 2 games in 2 days is out of control

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by undertheradar View Post
    Sometimes, proper punctuation and capitalization can make a world of difference on whether or not I can read a thread.
    There you go. Might want to use them yourself if you are going to correct/put down someone for his/her improper use.

@OP: I understand how you can be frustrated. Best thing to do is to host your own games or only join with friends. Hope things turn around for you!
    Last edited by CrimsonTider; 09-02-2012 at 07:24 PM.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thank you dude thing is, is I dont really have alot of friends on thegame my guild is super small like 7 ppl that live in australia and starting games i can but when no one joins and im solo gets me closer to 200 deaths and i wanna stay under that at 13k kills so I try to join games with 3 or 4 in it guess I just have bad luck and cant spell or punctuate so what i made it to 60k to 71 with no plat just wanna get there without getting booted every other game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Unfortunately your name starts with z so when you make your own game, you are at the bottom of the list. That is why no one joins. It's not because people don't like you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    There you go. Might want to use them yourself if you are going to correct/put down someone for his/her improper use.

@OP: I understand it can be frustrated. Best thing to do is to host your own games or only join with friends. Hope things turn around for you!
    Still more legible than the OP.

@OP Quit trying to play other people's game (By this I mean "just because everyone else is going to humania with a level 66, doesnt mean you have to".. also, having good gear and a ring would help in letting you stay in a party). Sure, some people can join a game and be accepted and do runs just fine. That's just some people. If I tried to join a Humania I would be booted as well. Think outside of the box, or at least find a new box to think in. I used a lot of plat and did mega maze runs, not take to the forums to complain about being kicked every time I join a game. If you want to use the "But I don't have platinum " card, fine. Here's another tip. If you know on a given day that you won't be playing or leveling up, get a free daily elixir anyway. As soon as you get it, leave the game. Then, 24 hours later when you are ready to play, you will have TWO free daily elixirs, one in use and one for that day. Doing some complex math here, that's about 10 minutes of elixir that you didn't pay a cent for. While we are still on this method, if you want to make a second account or fork out the 5 platinum for another character, you get a free daily on that new character as well. Bingo bongo, now you don't just have the 10 minutes, if you get your free daily on both characters and wait 24 hours after, you now have 20 minutes!!! 20 minutes of thrasher cost around 20 platinum, so every 2 days with only 2 characters, you save yourself 20 platinum. If you want to just have a bunch of characters at high level, you can choose to only level them with free dailies, which wouldnt be that bad. With 10 characters, you would have an hour and 40 minutes of free daily, assuming you have 2 dailies on each character ready for use. Sure, you could be impatient and complain that this would produce slower leveling, but if you want fast leveling just dish out the platinum for a couple thrashers...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yeah that does nothing but make you look like the person you are rude. Im lvl 70 all crafted your points did nothing for me i knew that at lvl 5 bro

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

Level 70 whines on forums because he/she gets booted from every game. Seriously, the free daily thing is a great tip, even if you knew it. Other than that, STS is a business, and even though it may break your heart to hear/read, they need to make money too... Currently, elixirs are where it's at for them, just be glad they allow you to play for free in the first place...

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yich View Post
    Still more legible than the OP.

@OP Quit trying to play other people's game (By this I mean "just because everyone else is going to humania with a level 66, doesnt mean you have to".. also, having good gear and a ring would help in letting you stay in a party). Sure, some people can join a game and be accepted and do runs just fine. That's just some people. If I tried to join a Humania I would be booted as well. Think outside of the box, or at least find a new box to think in. I used a lot of plat and did mega maze runs, not take to the forums to complain about being kicked every time I join a game. If you want to use the "But I don't have platinum " card, fine. Here's another tip. If you know on a given day that you won't be playing or leveling up, get a free daily elixir anyway. As soon as you get it, leave the game. Then, 24 hours later when you are ready to play, you will have TWO free daily elixirs, one in use and one for that day. Doing some complex math here, that's about 10 minutes of elixir that you didn't pay a cent for. While we are still on this method, if you want to make a second account or fork out the 5 platinum for another character, you get a free daily on that new character as well. Bingo bongo, now you don't just have the 10 minutes, if you get your free daily on both characters and wait 24 hours after, you now have 20 minutes!!! 20 minutes of thrasher cost around 20 platinum, so every 2 days with only 2 characters, you save yourself 20 platinum. If you want to just have a bunch of characters at high level, you can choose to only level them with free dailies, which wouldnt be that bad. With 10 characters, you would have an hour and 40 minutes of free daily, assuming you have 2 dailies on each character ready for use. Sure, you could be impatient and complain that this would produce slower leveling, but if you want fast leveling just dish out the platinum for a couple thrashers...
    You are missing the point of his posts. If he is of qualifying level (66-71), then he has nust as much a right to the campaign as anyone else. Elixir usage has ruined the game as too many people rely on them. I have seen numerous hosts boot players when they aren't "Thrashed", and when I see it, I leave. To make a pass protected game takes just as long (if not less time) than to boot someone. Players fail to realize that after 2-3 "elixered" players, the runs don't go that much faster. I promise you I can pick 5 of my guildies and clear any Humania map faster than most of these booters.

This is a topic which has been discussed a thousand times. Buying plat and "hitting the 'roids" is not the answer. It only adds to the problem. I truly hope STS will make dungeons in the future where NO elixirs can be used. Then we will know who the true players are.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

12. The Following User Says Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Zaoetet, I am sorry you feel this way. I know it's really annoying to play a game for fun and to get frustrated instead.

You know what's even worse? To be invited and then get booted lol. By a 'friend'.

The first thing I would like to mention is that a silly boot doesn't say anything about you or your skills. It does say something about the booter though and I don't think this something is good Would you like to play with a person like him? And with people who tolerate/encourage this behaviour?

Secondly, even a boot like "." might have an explanation. Imagine that a host is a bear and he's taking heavy damage; meanwhile, a friend of his gets disconnected. There is no time for a proper explanation. I have seen cases in which the host was very polite in the beginning and explained to everyone, "srry, could you pls leave etc". But random people kept joining and there were cases in which the person who was kindly requested to leave started "plz plz plz" or simply trolling. So the host got tired of all this and started booting with dots. This can happen even to the best players.

Thrasher runs is something else. Especially in Humania where the maps have huge distances, I personally feel useless if stuck without a thrash in a full thrasher group. I fall behind and it's like I am leeching so I can't stand playing with them. Fang was a different story ofc.

Apart from that, I think the reason why people insist on keeping a run full thrash is usually because sometimes the team changes all the time; people get tired, people cap, elixirs run out. They want to make sure that there is enough thrash power to keep the run fast so they keep a door open in case a new thrasher joins. I hope this is a reasonable explanation.

All I am trying to say is that you shouldn't let yourself get frustrated by small things like that. Join a good guild, make some friends you really like and enjoy your runs. There is always the option of joining public unhosted games (from Map->Join Game and select a game without host), from which you can't get booted. Join, wait for other people and during the run, if you like the team say something like "remake anyone?", see what happens. If you get 3-4 people, host, then others will join eventually.

I personally do not join any games hosted by unknown people unless invited. Even in this case, I only join if I know the person who invited well or if he invites me with PM - no mass invites lol.
    When danger reared its ugly head, he bravely turned his tail and fled / Yes, brave Sir Robin turned about and gallantly he chickened out / Bravest of the braaaave, Sir Robin!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Brave Sir Robin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    I understand it can be frustrating.
    Physician, heal thyself! (j/k)

Players fail to realize that after 2-3 "elixered" players, the runs don't go that much faster.
    There's also an aspect of fairness. Who gets to run au naturel and who has to 'roid up? You're hosting runs ad-hoc where people join and leave regularly. When you're maximizing your plat usage it's harder to say "You have to use elixir for at least 3/5 of the runs you're on with me" than it is to say

"thrasher."

Besides, the host can't guarantee everyone who joins them are skilled players instead of lazy button pushers (like myself, actually).