I got muted tonight for saying "lag makes me gag." Which showed up as "lag make* ** *ag." Apparently the STS devs don't like the television show Red Dwarf. On that show, characters use the word 'smeg' as a humorous alternative to a cuss-word. First of all, it's not a real word. Second, I did not say it intentionally.

Unfortunately, because it surprised me and because I wasn't thinking, I said it again. I said something along the lines of "lol! apparently s.m.e.g. is a naughty word!"

And I got muted for the rest of the run and a warning message that I may be banned.

Seemed a little harsh. Even worse, later on another player told me that if you get muted 3 times ever, you get perma-banned. So right now I am totally freaking out that I may get a lifetime ban for saying regular common phrases that may have forbidden nonsense words in them. First of all, what is the official policy about getting muted and banned? Secondly, is there some way to contact STS to wipe this mute from my record, since in my opinion it isn't deserved? Or what should I do here? Any suggestions?

I'm feeling a little paranoid right now...