Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Have faith and don't panic!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Thumbs up Have faith and don't panic!

A couple of words of support. No drama please. Seems we had enough of it

Every vet player can tell that i'm the one restless dude that always wants more from STS..

And i'm waiting for the cap with everybody else for all the time it is not here..

But i would like to step up for STS and Gibber this time..

Just have a look at the situation from different point of view:

SL was a mess (in development) when STS started DL..

Yes, it seemed really deserted till the time when JustG decided to give each game its own Lead Designer..

SL got its Captain - Gibber, who was non-talkative at the beginning.. You know why? Just because he was too busy..

As the Captain of UCS BlackStar he needed two things most of all - the Team and the Course

I don't know what came first, but now he got both (and a bit extra i hope))

Now Gibber chats in update-related posts asking questions and answering them
    Now he sends us surveys to learn our needs
    Now he launches contests on weapon design
    Now he introduces his crew (remember he was talking about two cool guys in the dev team who are huge fans of SL?)

Yes, he's not as active as Carapace.. But DL was the headliner of the studio with all that plat-oriented adult gameplay, aimed to get the most money for STS and i assume it was getting most resourses which Gibber was building up from a scratch for SL

Think of what have been done already:

1) new client released. You probably think 'so what? I don't need new client - i need new content!' but have you thought of possibilities this FULLY 3D client gives us in the future? Have you heard rumors about personal spaceships? I guess u have not

2) really fun and easy-xp event was launched to give all the chance to cap as many toons as they wish

3) the Hive was released - and what is the Hive? It's the elite farming map we were asking so many times in 'suggestions'

4) UCS Savant missions - you keep saying 'this is not the cap' YES this is not the cap! This is the PREVIEW of new cap.. And i really think that several levels with bosses and pink loot are MUCH BETTER than a two minutes length video with Sam doing shooting (nothing personal, Sam, just an example)

So i see quite clear perspective for SL and it IS good..

And i ask you, guys, not to complain, but to get our faith and put it into devs

Let's trust them. Let's believe they are doing beautiful and UBERcool update.. Even if the maps r remixed - that does not mean they will be bad to play! Gibber showed us he has understanding in level design and planting surprises!

If we do so - they never can fail us. As the accumulated faith brings up gods from oblivion, you know...

May the Force be with us all
    Last edited by flashbackflip; 09-05-2012 at 04:05 PM.
    click my sig to join

Got a SCAMMER to REPORT? DO it HERE!

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to flashbackflip For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

That's the pep talk I needed and I have a little something to say as well

I had same reaction over the hive event and I remember being super sorry for a lot of what I said about it and I'm probably gonna feel the Same way about cap raise... I jumped to conclusions over two tiny pictures I would like to apologize for my behavior and my mis conduct I don't want to cause no more drama then what I already did and it won't happen again .... -gives gibber a cookie- make it happen gibber a lot of us still want to play this game

Thanks sts for all the hard work ! And I'm sorry

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

I don't care how crappy the new map might be. All I really want to see is better gear choices. Plat gear or Custom gear is such a tired theme. I want options. I want multiple viable sets to choose from. Plat set, custom set, then a set that really sucks but gives a lot of mana regen, or health regen, or +HP, etc. Then we can really begin to swapping pieces around and further customizing our characters. I don't want to have the best armor set in the game, as soon as I hit the appropriate level (Either by buying with plat, or by getting 1,000 drops of the best base armor pieces in the first hour, then blowing 120k creds to make it custom.). Make me work for it!

Come on Gibby, make me happy.

Let's make it SPARKLE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by morfic View Post
    I don't care how crappy the new map might be. All I really want to see is better gear choices. Plat gear or Custom gear is such a tired theme. I want options. I want multiple viable sets to choose from. Plat set, custom set, then a set that really sucks but gives a lot of mana regen, or health regen, or +HP, etc. Then we can really begin to swapping pieces around and further customizing our characters. I don't want to have the best armor set in the game, as soon as I hit the appropriate level (Either by buying with plat, or by getting 1,000 drops of the best base armor pieces in the first hour, then blowing 120k creds to make it custom.). Make me work for it!

Does this mean your Coming back ^^ -bows- sensei

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

I want SLs birthday celebration, Veteran Rewards, Passives and last but not least for Gibber to actually keep us updated and not everyone else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by morfic View Post

In light of this.

Is it possible to tell us if "Same lvl" farming has been nuked, And "Epic" gear is going to be challenging to get rather than abundant such as Voleria 41 Cap raise?

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

8.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Hey Flashbackflip,

Thanks for making this thread. We do appreciate feedback - it is why we have these message forums and spend so much time and energy on them. It is not that we only want to hear fanboi talk or that everything is always roses - but we do like to keep the drama quotient at a lower number. At the end of the day, I think our goals are the same - you want fun stuff to play and we want to make great games that people enjoy. It is just that nothing worth doing is easy - otherwise, you know, everyone would have their own mobile 3D MMO, right?

-Samhayne
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

Part of the problem is that the ones who bring in the drama llamas, myself included , and everyone here on this forum truly love SL and hate to think that it may be getting the short end of the stick when compared to the other STS properties. Whether true or not, we cannot say, as we can only judge by what you guys tell us and by the content updates. From my perspective, I see PL and DL get cap updates and AL being prepared for release, all while SL gets a couple maps here and a little there. I'm not trying to bring drama in this thread, I'm just expressing myself on how I perceive this situation we are in.

-----
    This post has +5 to topic derailment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

I am in agreement with flip, wait, see, give it a good go, then complain if unhappy.

I would like to see purples return to around the frequency of sloucho purps. I think that was a pretty decent rate. Any pinks should be around the frequency of SY I think (not sure about the luck enhancer mechanic, it seems to affect the rarity quite a bit), but by no means should pinks be as rare as sloucho pinks. just my opinion on the drop rates, Hive pinks, well, there are so many. Kind of hard to get the one you want, but not a bad rate either, just a lot that people aren't interested in. napalm and tempest take the cake.

somewhere around sloucho-Shipyard had good rates for resale and was enough to satisfy demand when everyone was playing those maps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by akfury View Post
    Does this mean your Coming back ^^ -bows- sensei
    I come back every cap raise. <33

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    It is just that nothing worth doing is easy - otherwise, you know, everyone would have their own mobile 3D MMO, right?

-Samhayne
    I think people just had higher expectations. No one can deny that SL has been without a meaningful update for a long time now. People have been waiting on a cap raise for.. 9 months now I think? To see screenshots of reused assets on the stages we will be staring at over and over is just disheartening. To see recolored vanities and weapons as some of our new items is disheartening. I know that the recolored gun is probably not top tier, and I know that we haven't seen the new armors yet. But when everyone is on edge waiting for an update, posting those screenshots was probably a bad move, lol. People immediately see/hear, "Surprise! Here's some reused assets we are giving you after waiting 9 months. Oh, but at the same time.. here you go PL, some completely original stages with completely original assets.

I know making MMO's are hard. But creating new assets is sort of expected. And new stages is a must. Running around numa themed boards again is the last thing people wanted. Voleria was AWESOME when it was released. We were all wow'd by the amount of effort put into the completely original content, assets, stages, mechanics. That was a quality cap raise (bosses could have been better... but all in all, it was a killer update). At that time, all the pocket legends people were crying that you only cared about SL, and were demanding quality updates for PL.

There will always be someone who whines and rants if they feel like their beloved game is being looked over... but in this particular case, star legends really has been looked over. I would just like to see a time when adequate resources are put towards every single game. That way, no game will ever get a recolored asset update, yielding angry nerds. A time when every game feels like they are getting attention, and no one feels left out. Seeing PL get update after update of original content just leaves a bad taste in the mouths of those who have waited nearly a year in SL.

Also: Don't take this as a rant or drama please. I am still maintaining my hopes that these were just poorly chosen screenshots to tease us with. The new armor sets might be mind blowing. Loads of new equipment might have been added to help customization. The reused assets could only be PART of the stage, which morphs into something completely awesome and new. Excited to see what is unveiled for us.

Let's make it SPARKLE!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to morfic For This Useful Post:

13.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #11
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

That is a little dramatic, but we'll take it
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default Have faith and don't panic!

Well said flash i do myself apologize for my comments also you no first thing you see and all...anyway make us proud of sl gibber we still have faith in you (: good luck make us proud at the end of the day you know the arbiters set will always bring people bak to get the next piece...and...OMG i skipped over the puzzle part i love puzzles yay somthing to make us think and play does sound good (:

15.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #13
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Hey Morfic,

We all agree that Scorn Act I (Volaria) was a great expansion. It also took a long time and a lot of work to make. Then we made the hard decision to focus on making Dark Legends - we want to grow our business and be able to make more, and better games. There are always hard choices to be made.

We totally appreciate your enthusiasm for Star Legends. It's pretty much what Deathpunch said:

Quote Originally Posted by Deathpunch View Post
    Part of the problem is that the ones who bring in the drama llamas, myself included , and everyone here on this forum truly love SL and hate to think that it may be getting the short end of the stick when compared to the other STS properties. Whether true or not, we cannot say, as we can only judge by what you guys tell us and by the content updates. From my perspective, I see PL and DL get cap updates and AL being prepared for release, all while SL gets a couple maps here and a little there. I'm not trying to bring drama in this thread, I'm just expressing myself on how I perceive this situation we are in.
    Please keep in mind that Spacetime is a relatively small, independent developer. Less than 50 people. Not an excuse for us to put out anything than the best we can, but still a point of clarification. Again with the hard choices - just focusing on our existing games isn't going to grow our business like putting out more, and better, games.

So, again, thanks for keeping the drama quotient low and thanks heaps for your enthusiasm for our games. We love ya for it!
    Last edited by Samhayne; 09-05-2012 at 02:10 PM.
    | | | |

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    351 Posts

Good thread Flashbackflip :-)

It was about time everyone started chatting about this in a calmly adult discussion :-)

Im always trying to be optimistic about things so I have an open mind, call me stupid or blind faithful but I gave up all my other games and some tv shows for Star Legends. I'm also giving up DL and PL soon because they just arnt for me. I'd much rather enjoy playing SL than anything else so keep the Spacetimestudio team motivated to keep working on this and also visa versa, its terrible reading about friends leaving SL because of a lack of love they are feeling. We need to restore the faith :-) Bring on some presents and some really exciting screenshots that will really make us talk and smile :-) I've already smiled at the last two! I think its a brilliant idea to bring xp playable lvls back to old maps (expansions of old maps are something ive longed for since started playing) so Thank you so much sts.

I do ask though, let's try to keep threads open for as long as possible without locking. We voice our concerns because we care so so much :-) The majority of us are adults here and we can discuss things in a respectfull maner if you allow us to :-) *Big respect to you all*

We care a lot and we also have a huge shared vision of how great Star Legends can become :-)
    Replying to threads especially our suggestions and feedback posts would really show you are listening.
    *big hug to you all* I honestly can't thank you enough for creating such an engrossing game and I'd like it to stay playable beyond all our years :-) Let's make everything progress and move forward towards the future now :-D

Stay Extreme- Mitchturbo ;-)
    "Still Retired but casually dueling in PvP from Time to Time"
    EXTREME BOSS SLAYERS Are Back!
    Wanting a signature? Send me a Pm (SL credits only)

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Mitchturbo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Lets go to the facts here.
    Busy? isnt gibber suppose to be busy developing the game? not with other things?
    what happened to the title "lead designer"?
    Isnt he the one that is suppose to give the full attention to the game?
    and yes, those things might have been done already but look how long it took for it. 7-9 months, a ridiculously long time.
    Last edited by cjswogkstkdg; 09-05-2012 at 02:35 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

This seems a good place to put what I was saying in chat. I think it is good we are having to defend (for instance) Numa Prime again. It's Part II of a Trilogy. The Scorn have to gain some ground on us so the characters can get motivated for Part III, in which we (hopefully) attack them at their base. But for part II, like the Battle of Helm's Deep, we have to slog through the struggles and failures, lose ground, and start to worry. That's how stories work. I took some workshops with Nancy Kress (a Hugo and Nebula winner) and she said a story is always 1. problem 2. setbacks 3. discovery and 4. breakthrough. Alien Oasis II was not that much different from AO I, but AO III was crazy different. Remember? So they gotta save the attack on the Scorn base for Part III.

I don't get why our weapon design is supposed to change. Time hasn't moved forward. Tech is still the same. Shall the devs make unique designs of weapons only to have them tossed aside at the next upgrade? Why? Because some of us are bored with the look? Maybe we would get the new weapons at the Discovery and Breakthrough phase, but for the Setback stage we should use the weapons we got from the Hive. But who knows? Maybe there are new weapons at L45. That's maybe the Discovery stage, eh? But for 41 to 44 I think we should have to struggle with what we have.

PLUS, what's the weapon design contest for, if not to give new weapons? Until the contest ends, they can't be put into the game.
    Last edited by Snakespeare; 09-05-2012 at 02:52 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    This seems a good place to put what I was saying in chat. I think it is good we are having to defend (for instance) Numa Prime again. It's Part II of a Trilogy. The Scorn have to gain some ground on us so the characters can get motivated for Part III, in which we (hopefully) attack them at their base. But for part II, like the Battle of Helm's Deep, we have to slog through the struggles and failures, lose ground, and start to worry. That's how stories work. I took some workshops with Nancy Kress (a Hugo and Nebula winner) and she said a story is always 1. problem 2. setbacks 3. discovery and 4. breakthrough. Alien Oasis II was not that much different from AO I, but AO III was crazy different. Remember? So they gotta save the attack on the Scorn base for Part III.

I don't get why our weapon design is supposed to change. Time hasn't moved forward. Tech is still the same. Shall the devs make unique designs of weapons only to have them tossed aside at the next upgrade? Why? Because some of us are bored with the look? Maybe we would get the new weapons at the Discovery and Breakthrough phase, but for the Setback stage we should use the weapons we got from the Hive. But who knows? Maybe there are new weapons at L45. That's maybe the Discovery stage, eh? But for 41 to 44 I think we should have to struggle with what we have.

PLUS, what's the weapon design contest for, if not to give new weapons? Until the contest ends, they can't be put into the game.
    So what you are saying is that part 2 is the boring bit in the middle of the book?

22. The Following User Says Thank You to StompArtist For This Useful Post:

23.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #18
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cjswogkstkdg View Post
    7-9 months, a ridiculously long time.
    Just to clear the air on the time frame, we have not been working on the new level cap for Star Legends over that entire period. The company made a conscious decision to put Dark Legends in front of our other games to get that game out in late 2011 and early 2012. We've grown a bit since then in terms of headcount and now have the ability to work better on multiple fronts. It was late May when we made the shift to have specific Lead Designers (Gibber's introduction http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...r-Star-Legends) and there has been a good bit of work done on other fronts for Star Legends (Hive, UCS Savant content, Infested Deck Event, for example) over that time.
    Last edited by Samhayne; 09-05-2012 at 03:06 PM.
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    So what you are saying is that part 2 is the boring bit in the middle of the book?
    LOL! hopefully Part III won't be too far behind.

25.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #20
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post

To be clear, the timing of the weapon design contest is not for the initial launch of the Scorn Act II content, but rather for the crafting additions that are planned to go in shortly thereafter.
    | | | |

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post: