Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Have faith and don't panic!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    This seems a good place to put what I was saying in chat. I think it is good we are having to defend (for instance) Numa Prime again. It's Part II of a Trilogy. The Scorn have to gain some ground on us so the characters can get motivated for Part III, in which we (hopefully) attack them at their base. But for part II, like the Battle of Helm's Deep, we have to slog through the struggles and failures, lose ground, and start to worry. That's how stories work. I took some workshops with Nancy Kress (a Hugo and Nebula winner) and she said a story is always 1. problem 2. setbacks 3. discovery and 4. breakthrough. Alien Oasis II was not that much different from AO I, but AO III was crazy different. Remember? So they gotta save the attack on the Scorn base for Part III.

I don't get why our weapon design is supposed to change. Time hasn't moved forward. Tech is still the same. Shall the devs make unique designs of weapons only to have them tossed aside at the next upgrade? Why? Because some of us are bored with the look? Maybe we would get the new weapons at the Discovery and Breakthrough phase, but for the Setback stage we should use the weapons we got from the Hive. But who knows? Maybe there are new weapons at L45. That's maybe the Discovery stage, eh? But for 41 to 44 I think we should have to struggle with what we have.

PLUS, what's the weapon design contest for, if not to give new weapons? Until the contest ends, they can't be put into the game.
    So what you are saying is, that part 2 should require no new development. Just use the same maps, use all the same gear (because if we don't have the tech for new weapons, why would we have tech for new armor?) So... copy old maps, no new equipment at all, maybe a new boss/enemy, and call it a day? Doesn't seem worthy of 9 months.

I understand what your saying though, but an MMO and it's updates are a bit different than reading a book.

Let's make it SPARKLE!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to morfic For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by morfic View Post
    So what you are saying is, that part 2 should require no new development. Just use the same maps, use all the same gear (because if we don't have the tech for new weapons, why would we have tech for new armor?) So... copy old maps, no new equipment at all, maybe a new boss/enemy, and call it a day? Doesn't seem worthy of 9 months.

I understand what your saying though, but an MMO and it's updates are a bit different than reading a book.

EXACTLY what im saying

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Thank you for your support brothers-in-game - i mean all of you, not only players

To add a little piece of constructive feedback i'd like to say:

1) quick-commenting our fantasies in 'suggestions' thread might bring that feeling of 'taken care of' Mitch and others are talking about. By quick-comments i mean really short ones like 'sorry, this is a no-go' or 'we might use it but not soon, thanx' or even 'we already doing this, guys!'

2) maybe monthly news from behind the scenes can ease out our waiting. These news do not need to raise any expectations and have timings - just a short stories of what's going on: 'this month we were drawing concept arts guys! Here's the example' or 'we were modelling new maps and inventing new types of enemies. Sorry - no pictures yet, but they will look cool'

3) possibly monthly answers to the most hot questions answered by Gibber or Sam. Like the ones about veteran sets or passives and new pvp maps. We can arrange all questions in one thread/post just like Octavos does with the Act2 news, so it will be easy for you to look them over and answer

Being informed, community will be MUCH more easy - because we will know that:

1) we are heard

2) the work is making progress

3) all hot topics will be cooled

Thanx again and godspeed!
    click my sig to join

Got a SCAMMER to REPORT? DO it HERE!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to flashbackflip For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

Thanks for this FBF, did the SL community some good.
    Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes! -Billy Connolly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

No. Not at all. But first, it wasn't 9 month's development, just a 9-month wait.

I am saying re-use old map MODULES (like train track prts from a model train set, or track parts from a slot car game) but in different way. This would show how the enemy has infiltrated areas we considered secure. And I am saying the tech shouldn't improve until we reach cap (our goal). I'm sure there are some new pinks at the cap.

You guys don't really believe there won't be new pinks at the cap, do you? I don't recall ever seeing new boards that didn't come with new pinks, except low level.

Anyways, SL is supposed to be an elite game where quality of play, not excess of gear, is the hallmark.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flashbackflip View Post
    Thank you for your support brothers-in-game - i mean all of you, not only players

To add a little piece of constructive feedback i'd like to say:

1) quick-commenting our fantasies in 'suggestions' thread might bring that feeling of 'taken care of' Mitch and others are talking about. By quick-comments i mean really short ones like 'sorry, this is a no-go' or 'we might use it but not soon, thanx' or even 'we already doing this, guys!'
    For this one they could shake a magic 8 ball each time and type the response,
    It is certain
    It is decidedly so
    Concentrate and ask again
    Reply is hazy try again
    Don't count on it
    Outlook not so good

As a matter of fact I think I will suggest this method to my company's customer service

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    No. Not at all. But first, it wasn't 9 month's development, just a 9-month wait.

I am saying re-use old map MODULES (like train track prts from a model train set, or track parts from a slot car game) but in different way. This would show how the enemy has infiltrated areas we considered secure. And I am saying the tech shouldn't improve until we reach cap (our goal). I'm sure there are some new pinks at the cap.

You guys don't really believe there won't be new pinks at the cap, do you? I don't recall ever seeing new boards that didn't come with new pinks, except low level.

Anyways, SL is supposed to be an elite game where quality of play, not excess of gear, is the hallmark.
    I understand what you are saying. Just giving you a hard time snakey.

Did Voleria come with new pinks? I don't recall. I just remember wearing purple armor and using the pink weapon from shipyard. I also understand the quality of play > excess of gear argument, but games need itemization. There doesn't have to be as many sets as in PL. But only having 2 viable options every cap leaves me wanting.

Let's make it SPARKLE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

yeah, PL is where they did all their trial and error with excesses, and SL is where they did all their trial and error with minimal gear, so hopefully they figured it out by now. DL has the best approach, I think.

oh, and thanks for giving me a hard time. I was pretty bored up till then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

morfy when your back im getting you back in shape for pvp ... then you can write really long thread again ^^

12. The Following User Says Thank You to akfury For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Nice thread.. I have faith in STS and still love them!
    AB: Szangyoe
    AL: Szangtheman/Szangyoe/Szangheili

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Szangheili View Post
    Nice thread.. I have faith in STS and still love them!
    when you get to the 9 month waiting mark that faith begins to falter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by akfury View Post
    morfy when your back im getting you back in shape for pvp ... then you can write really long thread again ^^
    Can you teach Szang??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Sounds good bro. ^^ I need to update that thread soon I think.

Let's make it SPARKLE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Sounds good bro. ^^ I need to update that thread soon I think.
    very soon ... i need to get myself and you some gear so we can dominate eng pvp together again -bows- sensei

you were, you are, and always will be the best, thanks for showing me the ropes when i was yet young

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Szangheili View Post
    Can you teach Szang??
    im awefull teacher but look for me in game im not selfish with builds ^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

im awefull teacher but look for me in game im not selfish with builds ^^
    Yay!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I'm actually excited to see what's to come. Sam and Justg thanks for all the feedback ,greatly appreciated that we are being heard!!! Yay
    Sl-engi 50. Op 50. Com 40 GiRls just wanna have fun!

Akihabara Denki Gai (Home of all the OTAKUS! XD)- Tokyo, Japan :)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

If its a reused map, just let it be.
    What i really want to know is whether vanities(mech, squid, x-ray) would be recycled or not(as drops on the revised numa map)?

If any dev who has seen this thread can give me a logical answer, i would be very happy.
    I'm not asking for much.

Sent from my ASUS Nexus 7 via Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
    DO NOT INVITE ME TO YOUR GUILD IN SL UNLESS IT'S EBS TYVM!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to HunterSLAYER For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by =>HunterSLAYER<= View Post
    If its a reused map, just let it be.
    What i really want to know is whether vanities(mech, squid, x-ray) would be recycled or not(as drops on the revised numa map)?

If any dev who has seen this thread can give me a logical answer, i would be very happy.
    I'm not asking for much.

Sent from my ASUS Nexus 7 via Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
    Same, but I'd love to see some new scorn vanities.
    Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes! -Billy Connolly