Thread: Too many level 45 douchebags

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I dont know if I should apologize here or not, but you best believe that if I'm farming several hundreds of games I really don't want a lvl 40 coming along for the ride to get free pinks while I do all the hard work. Some of us don't want dead weight when we are farming for ultra rare items. It's not being a "certain kind of bag". We can't level restrict, so if you are underlevel, I'm pretty sure you will get the idea of why you have been booted from a game full of 45s. It just is... host your own game or set your join game settings to show by level, scroll down to the young 40s running AO1 or AO2 and go after it with them. That is what I did...
    Kavanah: "Cinco, would you rather be in a Norma Jean or As I Lay Dying mosh pit?"
    Cinco: "Norma Jean, in that case /mosh"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kavanah View Post
    I dont know if I should apologize here or not, but you best believe that if I'm farming several hundreds of games I really don't want a lvl 40 coming along for the ride to get free pinks while I do all the hard work. Some of us don't want dead weight when we are farming for ultra rare items. It's not being a "certain kind of bag". We can't level restrict, so if you are underlevel, I'm pretty sure you will get the idea of why you have been booted from a game full of 45s. It just is... host your own game or set your join game settings to show by level, scroll down to the young 40s running AO1 or AO2 and go after it with them. That is what I did...
    Kav, it's completely understandable that you want to rush with all level 45's since they are less likely to die, and a death can mess up the rush. But, I think you're being harsh and uncharitable by assuming a lvl 40 is getting free pinks while you do all the hard work. Why would you say that? Just because a lvl 40 can't do as much damage as a lvl 45 doesn't mean they want a free ride. It's fine that you limit your open game to lvl 45's but it's pretty terrible, IMO, to consider anyone who isn't a lvl 45 as looking for free pinks. I'm sure plenty of lower level 40's play as hard and well as they can. Your post seems to assume the worst in everyone which surprises me...
    Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling. ~ Thoreau
    FURRAWN 45 Paladin ButterflyPoet 45 pure dex ScarlettOHara 45 Intbear Jeannedarc 22 Mage Trickortreat lvl 22 100% pure organic chicken Christmastree 13 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Furrawn View Post
    Kav, it's completely understandable that you want to rush with all level 45's since they are less likely to die, and a death can mess up the rush. But, I think you're being harsh and uncharitable by assuming a lvl 40 is getting free pinks while you do all the hard work. Why would you say that? Just because a lvl 40 can't do as much damage as a lvl 45 doesn't mean they want a free ride. It's fine that you limit your open game to lvl 45's but it's pretty terrible, IMO, to consider anyone who isn't a lvl 45 as looking for free pinks. I'm sure plenty of lower level 40's play as hard and well as they can. Your post seems to assume the worst in everyone which surprises me...
    It doesn't assume the worst, I in no way said that their playing ability was a factor. The fact is that pre 45 there is a big curve in survivorabiltiy and damage due to 45 armor/weapons. It's pretty rough to do farming runs with pre lvl 40s in your group and if I can't keep all of them then it isn't fair for me to pick and choose which ones that join that are pre-45 to keep and which ones to boot. It's just simple, if you want to farm lvl 45 gear with lvl 45s, then please do so when you actually hit 45. I don't see how this is a wrong mentality. And honestly, if I host a game, I should have full say about who can and cant come in the game. It's my host. If you don't like my hosting then guess what... you can host your own game too! That's the beauty of PL! And I almost always say, "45's only for farming sorry" before I boot, usually giving them the option to leave first. Why stay at lvl 40,41,42,43, or 44 rushing to farm gear you pretty much can't use till 45? This may seem harsh, but calling me a "certain bag" because I want to decide who can be in my hosted, MY hosted game, is pretty rediculous.

Edit: I know you didn't call me that Furrawn, I was refferring to the Original Poster. Also, after re-reading your message, I get what you are saying, it just doesn't work well at all and usually ends up frustrating me. Again, if I can't keep 4 other lvl pre-45's with me then I shouldn't select 1 at a time to keep in game. They just need to host their own games like I did, invite their friends, and exp while farming.
    Last edited by kavanah; 09-02-2010 at 09:02 PM.
    Kavanah: "Cinco, would you rather be in a Norma Jean or As I Lay Dying mosh pit?"
    Cinco: "Norma Jean, in that case /mosh"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kavanah View Post
    It doesn't assume the worst, I in no way said that their playing ability was a factor. The fact is that pre 45 there is a big curve in survivorabiltiy and damage due to 45 armor/weapons. It's pretty rough to do farming runs with pre lvl 40s in your group and if I can't keep all of them then it isn't fair for me to pick and choose which ones that join that are pre-45 to keep and which ones to boot. It's just simple, if you want to farm lvl 45 gear with lvl 45s, then please do so when you actually hit 45. I don't see how this is a wrong mentality. And honestly, if I host a game, I should have full say about who can and cant come in the game. It's my host. If you don't like my hosting then guess what... you can host your own game too! That's the beauty of PL! And I almost always say, "45's only for farming sorry" before I boot, usually giving them the option to leave first. Why stay at lvl 40,41,42,43, or 44 rushing to farm gear you pretty much can't use till 45? This may seem harsh, but calling me a "certain bag" because I want to decide who can be in my hosted, MY hosted game, is pretty rediculous.

Edit: I know you didn't call me that Furrawn, I was refferring to the Original Poster. Also, after re-reading your message, I get what you are saying, it just doesn't work well at all and usually ends up frustrating me. Again, if I can't keep 4 other lvl pre-45's with me then I shouldn't select 1 at a time to keep in game. They just need to host their own games like I did, invite their friends, and exp while farming.
    Right- I wasn't calling you anything... And I completely stand behind your right to have all 45's if you want... As I said, it makes sense... I was just saying that all lower level 40's aren't trying to get a free ride- not that you should have to try rushing with them... Just that it's the wrong game for them rather than they're all trying to freeload. I do understand about getting frustrated... I get frustrated, too... We really do need to be able to post some game info when we host- it would save lots of headaches...As for what your team makeup is- you should be able to have who & what you wish... Be it all lvl 45's, all lvl 45's w one lower 40's lvl, etc... Your game = your choice. I just meant that some of the players probably aren't freeloading- Not that you should have to play with them...

Edit: I enjoy playing w 40's... And actually had a fantastic pug team w three 30's the other day... But I'm a map-clearer... And even if I wasn't, I always challenge what's expected... Which is why I'm raising a strength chicken for the all chicken rush team- just to prove it can be done
    Last edited by Furrawn; 09-03-2010 at 12:30 AM.
    Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling. ~ Thoreau
    FURRAWN 45 Paladin ButterflyPoet 45 pure dex ScarlettOHara 45 Intbear Jeannedarc 22 Mage Trickortreat lvl 22 100% pure organic chicken Christmastree 13 Mage