Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Too many level 45 douchebags

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bentmer View Post
    And then some are rude and nice at the same time. I got booted from a game farming swamps when I was 41 with no explanation. Then like a minute later, the owner of the game sent me a friend request. So go try to figure that one out.
    Could have been a boot by mistake, and the person wanted to friend you so they could message you and explain. I've had those happen to me, where the person who booted immediately sent me a message apologizing and saying they meant to press message instead.
    Kalielle - level 56 mage | Kaley - level 55 roundup bear | Clusterstorm - level 55 rush paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Clusterstorm? Pshh, he merely leads the fastest games ever.
    Pocket Legends Video Tutorial

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kavanah View Post
    I dont know if I should apologize here or not, but you best believe that if I'm farming several hundreds of games I really don't want a lvl 40 coming along for the ride to get free pinks while I do all the hard work. Some of us don't want dead weight when we are farming for ultra rare items. It's not being a "certain kind of bag". We can't level restrict, so if you are underlevel, I'm pretty sure you will get the idea of why you have been booted from a game full of 45s. It just is... host your own game or set your join game settings to show by level, scroll down to the young 40s running AO1 or AO2 and go after it with them. That is what I did...
    Kav, it's completely understandable that you want to rush with all level 45's since they are less likely to die, and a death can mess up the rush. But, I think you're being harsh and uncharitable by assuming a lvl 40 is getting free pinks while you do all the hard work. Why would you say that? Just because a lvl 40 can't do as much damage as a lvl 45 doesn't mean they want a free ride. It's fine that you limit your open game to lvl 45's but it's pretty terrible, IMO, to consider anyone who isn't a lvl 45 as looking for free pinks. I'm sure plenty of lower level 40's play as hard and well as they can. Your post seems to assume the worst in everyone which surprises me...
    Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling. ~ Thoreau
    FURRAWN 45 Paladin ButterflyPoet 45 pure dex ScarlettOHara 45 Intbear Jeannedarc 22 Mage Trickortreat lvl 22 100% pure organic chicken Christmastree 13 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Furrawn View Post
    Kav, it's completely understandable that you want to rush with all level 45's since they are less likely to die, and a death can mess up the rush. But, I think you're being harsh and uncharitable by assuming a lvl 40 is getting free pinks while you do all the hard work. Why would you say that? Just because a lvl 40 can't do as much damage as a lvl 45 doesn't mean they want a free ride. It's fine that you limit your open game to lvl 45's but it's pretty terrible, IMO, to consider anyone who isn't a lvl 45 as looking for free pinks. I'm sure plenty of lower level 40's play as hard and well as they can. Your post seems to assume the worst in everyone which surprises me...
    It doesn't assume the worst, I in no way said that their playing ability was a factor. The fact is that pre 45 there is a big curve in survivorabiltiy and damage due to 45 armor/weapons. It's pretty rough to do farming runs with pre lvl 40s in your group and if I can't keep all of them then it isn't fair for me to pick and choose which ones that join that are pre-45 to keep and which ones to boot. It's just simple, if you want to farm lvl 45 gear with lvl 45s, then please do so when you actually hit 45. I don't see how this is a wrong mentality. And honestly, if I host a game, I should have full say about who can and cant come in the game. It's my host. If you don't like my hosting then guess what... you can host your own game too! That's the beauty of PL! And I almost always say, "45's only for farming sorry" before I boot, usually giving them the option to leave first. Why stay at lvl 40,41,42,43, or 44 rushing to farm gear you pretty much can't use till 45? This may seem harsh, but calling me a "certain bag" because I want to decide who can be in my hosted, MY hosted game, is pretty rediculous.

Edit: I know you didn't call me that Furrawn, I was refferring to the Original Poster. Also, after re-reading your message, I get what you are saying, it just doesn't work well at all and usually ends up frustrating me. Again, if I can't keep 4 other lvl pre-45's with me then I shouldn't select 1 at a time to keep in game. They just need to host their own games like I did, invite their friends, and exp while farming.
    Last edited by kavanah; 09-02-2010 at 09:02 PM.
    Kavanah: "Cinco, would you rather be in a Norma Jean or As I Lay Dying mosh pit?"
    Cinco: "Norma Jean, in that case /mosh"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I truly love the boot ability.

Nuff' said.
    List of Insults! Found by me.
    THIS IS!!!!!!!.....sparta.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kavanah View Post
    It doesn't assume the worst, I in no way said that their playing ability was a factor. The fact is that pre 45 there is a big curve in survivorabiltiy and damage due to 45 armor/weapons. It's pretty rough to do farming runs with pre lvl 40s in your group and if I can't keep all of them then it isn't fair for me to pick and choose which ones that join that are pre-45 to keep and which ones to boot. It's just simple, if you want to farm lvl 45 gear with lvl 45s, then please do so when you actually hit 45. I don't see how this is a wrong mentality. And honestly, if I host a game, I should have full say about who can and cant come in the game. It's my host. If you don't like my hosting then guess what... you can host your own game too! That's the beauty of PL! And I almost always say, "45's only for farming sorry" before I boot, usually giving them the option to leave first. Why stay at lvl 40,41,42,43, or 44 rushing to farm gear you pretty much can't use till 45? This may seem harsh, but calling me a "certain bag" because I want to decide who can be in my hosted, MY hosted game, is pretty rediculous.

Edit: I know you didn't call me that Furrawn, I was refferring to the Original Poster. Also, after re-reading your message, I get what you are saying, it just doesn't work well at all and usually ends up frustrating me. Again, if I can't keep 4 other lvl pre-45's with me then I shouldn't select 1 at a time to keep in game. They just need to host their own games like I did, invite their friends, and exp while farming.
    Right- I wasn't calling you anything... And I completely stand behind your right to have all 45's if you want... As I said, it makes sense... I was just saying that all lower level 40's aren't trying to get a free ride- not that you should have to try rushing with them... Just that it's the wrong game for them rather than they're all trying to freeload. I do understand about getting frustrated... I get frustrated, too... We really do need to be able to post some game info when we host- it would save lots of headaches...As for what your team makeup is- you should be able to have who & what you wish... Be it all lvl 45's, all lvl 45's w one lower 40's lvl, etc... Your game = your choice. I just meant that some of the players probably aren't freeloading- Not that you should have to play with them...

Edit: I enjoy playing w 40's... And actually had a fantastic pug team w three 30's the other day... But I'm a map-clearer... And even if I wasn't, I always challenge what's expected... Which is why I'm raising a strength chicken for the all chicken rush team- just to prove it can be done
    Last edited by Furrawn; 09-03-2010 at 12:30 AM.
    Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling. ~ Thoreau
    FURRAWN 45 Paladin ButterflyPoet 45 pure dex ScarlettOHara 45 Intbear Jeannedarc 22 Mage Trickortreat lvl 22 100% pure organic chicken Christmastree 13 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I Have to go with the OP on this one. I’m sorry but he’s completely right. And it’s not at all about lvl of the player, it’s about the way they play and the lvl of communication they are able to participate in and also their basic grasp of economics.

You see often it becomes a case of - real world time vs imaginary gold to be spent on stuff like mana or damage potions. I mean i have seen lvl 45’s that refuse to so much as touch their spell’s. Afraid to consume mana? The new gear, certainly some of the top stuff allows for enough regen so that you wouldn’t ever have to buy mana with gold again. I’m aware of that. Often it’s Lvl 45’s with something like 6 M/s that won’t touch their spells. Not even by mistake. Meanwhile, as you already know, spells compound damage. And it’s all about the number’s at the end of the day anyway. Isn’t it.

Communication - Now I wish I had a video clip, but yesterday I had one of the character’s form the leaderboard join up in a frozen campaign I was going through with a group of people. And there was no communication. I mean it’s as simple as typing out an sms for crying out loud. And it’s a touch keypad to top it all off. I mean android user’s not being able to communicate effectively - I can understand that. As and when they come on-line. But ipad/pod/phone users. That is Just being Plain LAZY. Fullstop.

So, the leaderboard dude done went and r-u-n-n-o-f-t into the midst of a mob of bosses and got snarked. I should say that just before ‘tha man’ joined us I had taken a moment to point out to the rest of the crew that they should stay within healing radius of my mage. Easy as that. Common sense really. 3 Times. Not once, not twice, but three gossdmn times.

Later in the same game however, one of the other character’s finally commented - and I mean like he or she had been silent all this while - that there should be less talk and more killing. How profound I thought to myself. Checked the kill/death ratio for my friend here and found that I was just ahead on that front as well. So told of as much. Either way it was unbelievable because all the chat was simply me trying to coordinate combos. In a group of lvl 45’s. So the fellow that done want quiet and killing failed once again to realize that combos compound damage as well. No help. And trying to get in the way of all the fun to top it all off.

And there is no point in farming with warriors who simply run forward stomping their own way clear. Would it hurt to spin quickly around and clear the way for the person you can clearly see on your map has lagged behind for whatever reason. Ipad user’s are especially guilty of this. 100% those who use the point to click and move feature. Because you can most effectively control your movement with the virtual joystick. That is of course if you intend to support your team/crew/co-players.

And on a final note. Communication-wise It seem’s some lvl 45’s have developed telepathy. They certainly act as such not only when booting but when actually playing.

Time’s like those I just like to pause and point out to whoever’s being so clever that at least 4 people in this game are not part of the AI designed to simply follow his character around the next bend. So best stop-look-and listen. And if there be smthing on yer mind - touch type it out on the effectively designed and implemented keyboard. Yokel.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hey Arjun maybe we can host a guild run + friends full clear of maybe ao2 campaign or whatever takes your fancy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I did a few Plasma runs yesterday, with mostly level 45's or 44's... and I ended up hosting a few games, a level 36 joined, i was willing to have them in as long as they at least try to pull their weight with heals / buffs / debuffs etc... if they don't get involved, they get a boot. You don't NEED 5 level 45's to finish Plasma.

I'm all for giving people a chance.... because nobody gave me one before I was level 45. Strange, since getting to level 45... I've not been booted once.
    Last edited by GaZz; 09-03-2010 at 05:08 AM.
    Iela // Staffs and Spells // 45
    Columbaguinea // Blasters and Bows // 45
    Tankteddy // Swords and Shields // 32

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Works for me jonboy. Got a couple of people in mind who could make the cut incl a couple of Lvl 43 (might have it cap of 45 by now). Should do should do. A quick battle plan prior to the run would help. Also had posted about a time-slider widigit app (will edit in the link in just a minute) used for coordinating conference calls and such. Add cities of players, slide time forwards and easy to work out a zone convenient to all concerned. No.

Edit: LinK
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...Out-Time-Zones

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I'm using the clock on the iPhone and just adding timezones, what's the best TMZ or city closest to you Arjun

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sup Jonboy - Bombay is bombay. . . at least I hope we have our own time-zone. If not. then am stuck on the same zone as Delhi. Which is like the second worst city on this planet. . . .not that m complaining.

Re: the marathon run we are planning. combos is key. let that be the mantra as it were.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Had to use New Delhi 4:25pm, ditto on the combos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Plasma Pyramid, if you're above 40, you stay. If you're not, you get booted. I tried for about a week to be nice and ask people to leave, and 9/10 they get snarky, rude, whatever...so I stopped wasting my time (gotta stop killing to type) trying to explain things. It should be understood anyway...boss level in ao2 is for farming.

I did used to allow lvl 35 and above to stay, but honestly at that point you end up with a much slower run, repeated deaths, and even sometimes wipes if there's more than one below 40. It slows everyone down, wastes everyone's time, and there's no real reason to be there until 45 anyway.

The flip side annoys me too...I hate having 45s in the group that moan and demand a boot for a level 44 that joins. I usually boot those guys as well simply for douchebaggery.

So I guess I'm somewhere in the middle. Apologies to those below 40 I've booted, You're Welcomes to those above 40 who've enjoyed faster, more efficient, more fun dragging of dozens of mobs into corners and comboing them to death.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thuull View Post
    The flip side annoys me too...I hate having 45s in the group that moan and demand a boot for a level 44 that joins. I usually boot those guys as well simply for douchebaggery.
    Here Here!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thuull View Post
    douchebaggery.
    Word of the week.
    Iela // Staffs and Spells // 45
    Columbaguinea // Blasters and Bows // 45
    Tankteddy // Swords and Shields // 32

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I agree with krav on this completly. If i have to use elixers to balance out another players shortcomings, chances are ill just boot the player an keep the extra gold to pay for that elixer.

And its uncool when lowbies get pinks for doing nothing in farming runs.

If you dont want the boot then go level up like the rest of us did.

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kalielle View Post
    Could have been a boot by mistake, and the person wanted to friend you so they could message you and explain. I've had those happen to me, where the person who booted immediately sent me a message apologizing and saying they meant to press message instead.
    Bearded booted me from a PVP game when I switched sides. It was really funny because he thought someone new came in and we were doing some one on one training, and at 19, its hard to explain to people why you are sitting around while only two people are fighting. So he boots me, and then sends a bunch of invites. But whenever I click on em it says the game is full because you can't rejoin a game you were booted from, even if the host invites you.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Totally agree with you. Let me also clear.. I was booted serveral times too now I am 45. I asked some friend who are also 45..and respect me now.. Sometimes their intention is just to play with "friends" you know. for example..we go for trip with friends isnt it? We play with friends.. sometimes some stranger.. ask for taking part in ground but we deny it.. same way this... no need to take offense.. just make some friends.. and start your own game!..

take it easy.. and enjoy game.. some people are very friendly some are not.. we should always have positive attitude..

[English is my third language.. so parden me if I did any mistake!]

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    There is no way to tell if the maker of the game instance is intending to rush, to clear the map, to play the maps sequentially, to farm kills, etc. We take the risk of rejection every time we enter an unknown player's game instance.

The way to fix it, I think, is to give the maker of the instance some more settings. The default can still be that everyone can join, but the settings could be minimum level, filtered by type (warrior, archer, enchantress), minimum stats (stat Y must be X). Then, if an instance is created for rush farming, they can say level 45, warriors, str 145. Then they can stun and run all day. Another example, for a pickup game to clear all five maps of AO1 might be level 35, any, any. This would serve simply to filter out any moochers.

Also, we would get to see the settings, and we would feel more inclined to join a pickup group if we saw that, yes there is one player level 45 but the settings are for anyone over level 40. And we wouldn't be able to join anything that we were filtered out of.

Otherwise, for now, you take your risks. If you find like-minded people, you friend them. When you log in the next day, if they are there, you join them.

I don't think they are jerks. It can feel that way when I get booted because I don't like rejection, but they don't have any options either, except to use a password, which defeats the idea of a pickup group.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arjun View Post
    Sup Jonboy - Bombay is bombay. . . at least I hope we have our own time-zone. If not. then am stuck on the same zone as Delhi. Which is like the second worst city on this planet. . . .not that m complaining.

Re: the marathon run we are planning. combos is key. let that be the mantra as it were.
    No way you live in Bombay (Mumbai) I have some relatives that live there, wonder if you know them ... lol (Yes, I do know that it is the most populated city on the planet)

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think simply being able to title our games would create the advantage of prospecting theroght players.

For example; "RUSHING! 45 ONLY"

sorry if this was mentioned already.

And yes Snake, i drive a Volkswagen