Thread: Free Vanities Contest

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

lol, another excuse to write. This is based loosely on real-life stories... I rarely write them, but I see a lot of people, I talk to a lot of people, and I joke with a lot of people. I decided to compile some of the stories I get told together, and see what I could come up with.... Remember, read between the lines, but don't look too hard. Enjoy the story

-BEEP-BEEP-BEEP-BEEP-BEEP

I was supposed to visit my dad this weekend. I've been looking forward to it, since it was the only time during the month that I was allowed to visit. My mom was really adamant about that rule...

As I drove my car to a store (my dad's gift to me), I saw a dog. My neighbor's dog Chester to be exact. A German shepherd standing 4 feet tall, and unnaturally large teeth, it was the bane of the neighborhood. Ever since an incident 11 years ago, it came it contact with 6-year old boy and mauled the boy, almost to death. Since then, it had been mandatory to keep him chained up. No one knew how that dog avoided euthanasia, but it was set free. Rumor has it that he was once an attack dog during WWII, and had a taste for human flesh. No surprises that it was always kept muzzled and tied up... No one liked that dog, even if they had no interaction with it, and sometimes I wonder why its owner would keep something so dangerous around...

It's a wonder it hasn't been put down....

-beep-beep-beep-beep-

Today, I wasn't dwelling on it, It had been a good week so far... It was a friday. I got lucky and got paired up with Ryni during art class, and we started talking....

Ryni Agami was the prettiest girl in my high school class. Full lips, curvy frame, porcelain skin and jet black hair that reached down just below her waistline. She had the darkest pairs of eyes, with her iris almost as dark as her pupils. The kind that looked so mysterious, almost ethereal... She had the best grades in class, and was the head of the Botanical Science Club (which suddenly got a large influx of members since she joined). She had so much going for her, and me... I was just the average 17-year old, she'd never notice me, until today.

As she sat at my table, we started talking. She had just broken up with Learton, and I was pretty psyched, even if I felt like the rebound guy. She told me she'd consider us dating, and gave me her number. I was determined to make this work, I would make her fall for me this weekend. I had all the topics for our conversation planned out, I was going to make sure I had everything I needed so our phone conversation wouldn't get interrupted, so I decided to go to the corner store and buy food, lotion, and kleenex, so I'd have everything I needed for the weekend...

That was when I saw the dog...

It was a big thing, Large teeth, large frame, it was laying on the sidewalk in front of my neighbor's house. It was the first time I've seen it in the open. It eyed me as I rode my bike past the house on my way to the store... It growled softly and my heart jumped into my throat, fortunately it was tied up, and as I breathed a sigh of relief, he went back to sleep...

As I drove my car home, a weekend's worth of supplies in the backseat, I looked at my neighbors house... Chester was gone... I found this peculiar, seeing as he always laid on the front of the house, always eyeing anything that walked by...

I dropped the car keys on the counter and got my clothes packed for my visit with dad. I had just gotten the last outfit packed into the suitcase when I saw Chester... staring at me through the window.. It had the calmest look in his eyes, and that disturbed me for a reason.... I was afraid it would crash through the window at me, regardless, I went about zipping up the suitcase, ready to leave for my father's. I had the conversation with Ryni to look forward to, so that eased my mind...

I walked past the stairs into the kitchen to get my keys from the counter...
    My mother is probably upstairs, sleeping... I scream my goodbyes up the stairs....
    No reply... ah well, I'll see her monday...

I pick up my keys and leave the house...

Halfway towards my car, I see chester a long way off... My hearts starts thumping, any sudden moves and I know he'd attack. I press the remote to unlock my car door, I notice his ears perk up, I'm five feet from my car, if I made it I'd be home free...

Why isn't that dog tied up...

I rode my bike past the neighbors house, I see Chester again, laying on the ground. I don't know why, but curiousity encouraged me to try befriending it. I took the beef Jerky from one of the bags hanging from my handlebars. I was hungry, but I didn't mind sharing... I threw a string of jerky at him. To my delight, he starts licking it, I guess he really liked it, so I got the courage to leap off my bike and feed him another..............

I'm ready to run towards my car, but I know that damn dog will attack... I was contemplating different ways I can beat him to it. What if I jumped over the hood to the other side? what if I stayed on top of the car until he got tired and went away? I could throw a string of beef jerky to distract him...

I try to make a set plan... but I can't think, All I hear is this beeping in my ear... "BEEP-BEEP-BEEP-BEEP" I've been hearing it all day! damn, what is up with that sound? for some reason it has gotten louder. I try to focus on Chester, but that beeping won't stop!! I want to run to my car, but Chester's eyes had changed. They were no longer calm. His sclera had filled with veins. his eyes were almost red...
    He lunged.

Beep-beep-beep-beep...

Suddenly I realized...
    I'd never get a chance with Ryni...
    I may never see my dad again...
    I left the house door wide open, he'll go into that house after it was done with me...
    Mom... please don't move for the next few hours... It'll attack you if it goes in there....

<Poor kid,> someone says, <He's been in that coma for so long>
    <It's sad, but, that happens when you're in a coma for 11 years... I imagine it must be hell.> A female's voice replied.
    <Well, it has been a while, damn shame... I would never have believed a dog could do this to someone, let alone a child>

.................................................. .................................................. .............................................
    beep-beep-beep-beep-beep-beep-beep-BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP!

<His heart rate has gone up! call the doctor!>
    <Oh my God! he's coding, give me 40 CCs of Demeritol, stat!>

beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeep

<He's gone... Doctor... call it>
    <9:15pm>
    <We'll call his parents tomorrow morning, at least they don't have to worry about his medical expenses anymore...>
    <Yeah... well thank God that devil dog was shot and killed before it could attack another child again>
    <11 years... can you believe he was only 6 when they brought him here? tsk tsk....>

If you knew the summary of the story, try and guess it. If no one gets it, I'll explain :3
    Last edited by Aaroniero Arruruerie; 09-17-2012 at 07:54 AM.