Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: New iPhone Announcement! Bring your civil fanboyism!

Akihabara Denki Gai (Home of all the OTAKUS! XD)- Tokyo, Japan :)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by razerfingers View Post
    Only thing android needs is the amazing display of the apple products. Then apple would be sol on phone devices maybe. well thats my opinion haha

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.
    Do you have godly eyes?
    Have u seen the S III 's display?
    Its alot sharper(well to me it is idc about ppi or watever) than the Retina screens Apple r using now

Sent from my ASUS Nexus 7 via Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by HunterSLAYER; 09-13-2012 at 05:44 PM.
    DO NOT INVITE ME TO YOUR GUILD IN SL UNLESS IT'S EBS TYVM!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    It might as well be called what it is. The iPhone 4ss...
    Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    Haha ninja'd on first page (;

Quote Originally Posted by Seiyen View Post
    Thx bro ill give it a try and let u know asap.
    If you have not messed with rooting before, I suggest you take some time and dead through some Xda threads before doing so.

As Hunter should have told you, only you will be responsible for "bricking" your device if you go in heavy handed (;

If you already have it rooted my next question would be.... why haven't you done this already! Lol.

(Oc'd 1.8 Siyah, JB, Paranoid Hybrid Phablet/Tablet here (; )

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Have you ever heard of Planned Obsolence concept? If you haven't - you really should!

In short - it was invented in 1932 to help America to deal with the Great Recession by making goods to break in planned life cycle so people will buy next one and thus propell the industrial economy

Later this concept was very well adapted to the condumerism lifestyle most of the world live today

A good example would be comparison of old Mercedes cars which have 'eternal' life span and modern Mercedes cars that you should change every several years (Germans adopted this concept later, so even 1980's cars are still good)

Iphone is just a little example of it. We could have 'iphone 100' as the jewel of hi-tech already but making it NOW means Apple would get much less revenue coz market is huge, but not unlimited. They make it 'nearly unlimited' by what they do - tiny upgrades in each model. Don't you think they could put a cam in the first ipad? Why you think they did not? Coz noone would buy the second iteration model.. Examples are endless - just look around

But time is changing

Google for 'the venus project' or more well known 'zeitgeist' movie to learn the perspective.. This perspective (not exactly 'venus', but similar-minded) will prevail, but untill then we will see a bit more of 'Apple breakthrougs'

Because if we leave all 'as it is' - the humanity story will end very soon. We would just eat our planet. Literally
    Last edited by flashbackflip; 09-13-2012 at 02:02 PM.
    click my sig to join

Got a SCAMMER to REPORT? DO it HERE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post
    Haha ninja'd on first page (;

If you have not messed with rooting before, I suggest you take some time and dead through some Xda threads before doing so.

As Hunter should have told you, only you will be responsible for "bricking" your device if you go in heavy handed (;

If you already have it rooted my next question would be.... why haven't you done this already! Lol.

(Oc'd 1.8 Siyah, JB, Paranoid Hybrid Phablet/Tablet here (; )
    He previously rooted an older device so obviously he would have known the risks, that's why i didn't bother to tell him.

Besides, Paranoid Android is unstable as compared to the official Cm9 ROMS. I've used it before and it has alot of problems with apps due to the hybrid ui settings it uses(configurable to use either phone or tab though.)

I would suggest MIUI instead as its alot more stable and its design is done by professionals.

Last edited by HunterSLAYER; 09-13-2012 at 01:55 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HunterSLAYER View Post
    He previously rooted an older device so obviously he would have known the risks, that's why i didn't bother to tell him.

Besides, Paranoid Android is unstable as compared to the official Cm9 ROMS. I've used it before and it has alot of problems with apps due to the hybrid ui settings it uses(configurable to use either phone or tab though.)

I would suggest MIUI instead as its alot more stable and its design is done by professionals.

Used it before and used any 2.0+ is another matter, remember it's still in alpha. (I like testing )

The one I have used most is Omega. MIUI is Meh... but both are pretty much stock with some extra's. Unlike what Paranoid gives you, a whole new feel to your device. You know Paranoid is run off latest CM in general right?
    Last edited by BodMaster; 09-13-2012 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Crazy quotes have a mind of their own! :p (Edited duplicate qoutes)

6.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #66
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

I thought this was a great article with good perspective on the iPhone 5 announcement:

http://techcrunch.com/2012/09/13/the-iphone-5-event/

The opening dialogue of Christopher Nolan’s 2006 film, The Prestige:

Every great magic trick consists of three parts or acts. The first part is called “The Pledge”. The magician shows you something ordinary: a deck of cards, a bird or a man. He shows you this object. Perhaps he asks you to inspect it to see if it is indeed real, unaltered, normal. But of course…it probably isn’t. The second act is called “The Turn”. The magician takes the ordinary something and makes it do something extraordinary. Now you’re looking for the secret… but you won’t find it, because of course you’re not really looking. You don’t really want to know. You want to be fooled. But you wouldn’t clap yet. Because making something disappear isn’t enough; you have to bring it back. That’s why every magic trick has a third act, the hardest part, the part we call “The Prestige”.
    This is what was on my mind following today’s Apple event. It’s essentially the story of the iPhone.

Apple took something ordinary, a phone, did some extraordinary things to it, and then made it re-appear in grandiose fashion. It’s a great trick. It’s so good, in fact, that I think it’s fair to call it true magic.

The problem, if you want to call it that, is that Apple has now been doing this trick since 2007. Granted, they have other solid tricks too (they are far from the one-trick pony claims that several of their competitors face). But the iPhone is the best trick in their bag. And in the last few years, some people have gotten sick of seeing it.

But it’s important to remember that just because you’ve seen a show before, it doesn’t make actually make it any less magical. It’s a perception issue.

Read the full article on TechCrunch at http://techcrunch.com/2012/09/13/the-iphone-5-event/
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post
    Used it before and used any 2.0+ is another matter, remember it's still in alpha. (I like testing )

The one I have used most is Omega. MIUI is Meh... but both are pretty much stock with some extra's. Unlike what Paranoid gives you, a whole new feel to your device. You know Paranoid is run off latest CM in general right?
    Umm english plz

Edit: thx hunter used 'set cpu' to underclock it n yea its working amazing, btw it wont hurt my xperia's cpu right?
    Last edited by Seiyen; 09-13-2012 at 03:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    I thought this was a great article with good perspective on the iPhone 5 announcement:

http://techcrunch.com/2012/09/13/the-iphone-5-event/

[INDENT]The opening dialogue of Christopher Nolan’s 2006 film, The Prestige:

This is what was on my mind following today’s Apple event. It’s essentially the story of the iPhone.

Apple took something ordinary, a phone, did some extraordinary things to it, and then made it re-appear in grandiose fashion. It’s a great trick. It’s so good, in fact, that I think it’s fair to call it true magic.

The problem, if you want to call it that, is that Apple has now been doing this trick since 2007. Granted, they have other solid tricks too (they are far from the one-trick pony claims that several of their competitors face). But the iPhone is the best trick in their bag. And in the last few years, some people have gotten sick of seeing it.
    I'm out of thanks, but a great post (:

And plus The Prestige, is one of my favourite films. (I have 3 copies 2 DvD, one BD, don't ask)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by razerfingers View Post
    Only thing android needs is the amazing display of the apple products. Then apple would be sol on phone devices maybe. well thats my opinion haha

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.
    Death already said it, but there's countless phones that come pretty close to the iPhones PPI. After you pass about 300, you won't notice a difference for a while, unless you have a great eye and really look for it. You won't notice a difference between 306 PPI (S3), and 326 PPI (iPhone 4/4s/5) during every day use. The S3 isn't the only one close to 326. I remember hearing the Galaxy Nexus has about 315, Death mentioned the One X with 312, and the Lumia 920 will apparently have about 332-336, passing the iPhone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seiyen View Post
    Umm english plz

Edit: thx hunter used 'set cpu' to underclock it n yea its working amazing, btw it wont hurt my xperia's cpu right?
    Underclock won't(As far as i know there's literally no dmg unless u force it to run at a very low frequency i.e. 300mhz and below).

Don't overclock as it dmgs ur cpu alot ^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Death already said it, but there's countless phones that come pretty close to the iPhones PPI. After you pass about 300, you won't notice a difference for a while, unless you have a great eye and really look for it. You won't notice a difference between 306 PPI (S3), and 326 PPI (iPhone 4/4s/5) during every day use. The S3 isn't the only one close to 326. I remember hearing the Galaxy Nexus has about 315, Death mentioned the One X with 312, and the Lumia 920 will apparently have about 332-336, passing the iPhone.
    In fact, a device(just a spare, i guess) me and Seiyen am using now has surpassed Apple's retina screen@ 326 ppi.

I present to you, the Xperia S, at 342 ppi, it pretty much beat Apple by a difference of 16ppi LOL.

www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_s-4369.php

Too bad, Apple. ^_^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne:779551
    null
    I absolutely LOVE The Prestige!

Anyways, sure I agree, but it's when you get someone who sees the bigger picture, (remember the bird trick, and the little boy who called him out on it?) That's when the trick becomes old and obsolete (or just really boring). Don't get me wrong nice looking devices, but they just aren't for me.

If you know who the character is, this is his final Form!

Love it thanks MothWing!
    PL: Saool L76 Mage [Proud Officer of A.R.G.] Siejo's Secretary
    DL: Saool [Eternally Undead Officer of C.V.G.]

New York the most wonderful place on Earth
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I just like my DROID cause I can set the background as an awesome dancing banana wearing a sombrero! (And other various reasons) Bananas always win!
    <3 Koi, you will forever be missed. <3
    Very happy member of Eclipse! ~Reddwing
    The android forum app needs a thanks button, I see some insightful posts every so often

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Reddwing View Post
    I just like my DROID cause I can set the background as an awesome dancing banana wearing a sombrero! (And other various reasons) Bananas always win!
    With iOS Devices the only way you can do that is after jailbreaking(might change in iOS 10 idk Lol).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kanozaki View Post
    Which is why some people would prefer Apple for their quality. I would rather go with HTC or Motorola.

The main thing apple has going for them is simplicity and their retina display. But i have heard the One X can be compared to the retina display. In the near future , who knows that title may slip away om apple as well.

In all honesty being a huge apple consumer , i am just disappointed at the Iphone 5. If i wanted a bigger screen ( not that i am complaining ) i would have just gone for an android. Im thinking of switching over to HTC when the time comes to upgrade, now that i have no intention of being stuck with basically the same phone again. For the people saying that the App Store has better content ? sure there is tons more content but the stuff we really want forces us to void our warranties, not to mention developers can not feed us consumers with Apple's App approving methods.
    Kano, if u end up purchasing an Android device and choose to play games on it go for the HTC One X( the lockscreen itself is Animated(Zoom in on local weather data)
    And it has a Nvidia gpu that renders effects beautifully in games ^_^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Was previously researching this a few weeks ago, still had the link book marked;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._pixel_density

New York the most wonderful place on Earth
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

With iOS Devices the only way you can do that is after jailbreaking(might change in iOS 10 idk Lol).

Exactly. Dont gotta jail break a droid to set the background as an awesome banana.
    Last edited by Reddwing; 09-13-2012 at 06:19 PM.
    <3 Koi, you will forever be missed. <3
    Very happy member of Eclipse! ~Reddwing
    The android forum app needs a thanks button, I see some insightful posts every so often

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

I'll probably use my upgrade to get the Galaxy Note II. Still a lot of things Apple is yet to confront. So I'd sooner just go back to Android, since if I miss iOS, I can always go back to my 4s.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Reddwing View Post
    Damn you Reddwing!!!!! (Or at least your sig )

I want my sammich maker back!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

Kano, if u end up purchasing an Android device and choose to play games on it go for the HTC One X( the lockscreen itself is Animated(Zoom in on local weather data)
    And it has a Nvidia gpu that renders effects beautifully in games ^_^

The One X in the states is a dual core snapdragon with an Adreno gpu. Nothing nvidia about it.

-----
    Sent from my HTC Evo 3D