Thread: Build for Harg'kyth?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Build for Harg'kyth?

I'm lvl 31 and am gonna be grinding Harg'kyth exclusively. Anyone have a build to fight him? I heard fire aura and charged fatal burst don't work. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Leap is VERY effective on him. I don't see any effect with dark binding. Can anyone clarify?
    Kaytar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

I dunno about harg kyth, but db works well on his minions
    I save it for them. My understanding is blood and fire attacks dont work so i use leap, sd, hb and save db for minions.
    Monarchival - lvl 66 warbird
    Monvladimir - lvl 66 pally
    Oadraebehar - lvl 66 dexbear formerly Monarchivals secretary and equipment storage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

not much suggestions. Just attack like hell and hope your teammates aren't dumb. Try attacking Hargkyth and the stone together. Destroying either the shield stone or blood stone would be enough.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

damage sprinkled with dps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Leap, SD, DB and HB works for me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Charged fatal burst, Vermin swarm and dark binding (charged and uncharged) don't affect him at all (db snares him for a split sec), don't have aura but they say it doesn't work.

so pretty much anything else, i run HB, FB (uncharged), Leap and Curse (charged or not), rest normal attack the sh*t outta him, destroy stones when his shield is up (priority goes HP>DEF>ATK>SPD).

Lady_Pebbles

All the attack skills effect him. However, the stones also effect our skills. For example, (Carapace mentioned this part on another thread...) the shield and heart stones reduces the effects/dmg of db, vs, and fa. Since most players are using a build with one or more of those skills, it is obvious to destroy those two stones as soon as they popup. Especially the shield stone since it also causes our toon's hp to drain when it pops up and they are in the middle of it. Destroying that stone and automaticly picking up the hearts from it will keep your toon from dieing because the hearts add an hp regen effect (also seen from the Solstice Event we just had by tossing blood blossoms into the fire pit). Then circle the boss in that area and as soon as the shield comes down, stand on/in the shield stone, hack away, spam skills... he will die fairly quickly. When soloing this boss use the same method only go to the hp stone instead.

For the Obsidian Lord Achievement: Do not use any elixirs and do not break any stones. Start off by agrroing him to the center of the map. Use melee weapon consistently and spam the atks that aren't long ranged projectiles i.e. don't use hb at all) cuz you might break the stones. When using leap and fb make sure your toon is in the middle of the map (even if its right under the boss) so you won't do any dmg to the stones. When the shield pops up, circle him, wait until it drops and repeat.

Hope that helps!

Last edited by Lady_Pebbles; 09-16-2012 at 02:54 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Default Build for Harg'kyth?

All builds work killing him is just a few mins work no matter what.
    Pl Akaee 76, Bearbg 76, Whosdaddy 76
    Sl Akaee 46, Bearbg 46, Whosdaddy 46
    Dl Akaee 36, Gruppy 36
    Al Akaee 36, Gruppy 34, Whosdaddy 36

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Akaee For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Instead of writing a 10000 word explanation on how to fight him and what works theory this and theory that how about we just kill him at the def stone. Pretty dam simple!!
    "To achieve things that others cant you must do things that others wont"
    When in doubt, ask yourself, "What would Judgement do!!"

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mafiainc42 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles View Post

All the attack skills effect him. However, the stones also effect our skills. For example, (Carapace mentioned this part on another thread...) the shield and heart stones reduces the effects/dmg of db, vs, and fa. Since most players are using a build with one or more of those skills, it is obvious to destroy those two stones as soon as they popup. Especially the shield stone since it also causes our toon's hp to drain when it pops up
    I'm aware that Cara said that everything is working fine and only fire aura doesn't do dmg cuz harg has some kind of fire resistance and vermin and db does DoT dmg that is countered by the HP regen that harg gains from Health obsidian, but unfortunately that is Not all true.

The skills I mentioned above (charged Fatal burst, charged and uncharged Vermin swarm and Dark binding) have absolutely no effect whatsoever on harg dmg wise, whether health obsidian is up or not.

It's also worth mentioning that harg has no natural HP regen, he only regens HP if Health obsidian is up, also Shield obsidian does not drain ones HP, only thing that drains hp (afaik) is harg's fire breath, it does a DoT dmg with a "on fire" visual on you, i believe the shield obsidian gives him more def.

I remember Cara saying that harg is also immune to bleed effects, DoTs are somewhat a bleed, so maybe that's why these skills don't work (don't know why charged fatal wouldn't tho).

Now ofc i could be wrong, tho i tested this myself (before and after the latest bug fix update) and with a friend before and came with these results, if it concerns anyone u can test it yourself, go in solo and try attacking harg one at a time with each of these skills without normal attacking and watch his hp bar.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Also, attack and damage over health and defense. Use your bloodpacks instead. This is a boss who the two-handed weapons were made for.

Lady_Pebbles

All of my skills do dmg to him when I solo him and when Im in a group. I can tell when the other players go to the othe stones while I stay on spaming skills. Also, his hp regens when the heart stone is up as I mentioned before and his shield does cause dmg to your toon if you did not pick up a heart to regen your hp while taking dmg. The only time your hp might not regen fast enough is when he uses his stomp effect (causd by the purple stone with a boot symbol) & you didn't pick up a heart in time.

Last edited by Lady_Pebbles; 09-18-2012 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Fixed typos and line spacing... stupid touch pad. Smh.