Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crim-a-thon: The Endurance Race for Ichors!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fncrazy View Post
    This marathon only takes 2hrs of playing pl? Were do I sign up?
    I'm surprised you even know how to read! Hooked on Phonics??
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    I'm surprised you even know how to read! Hooked on Phonics??
    Lmao

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Lol

Thundarr lvl 15 warrior
    Midas lvl 12 sorcerer
    Guinevere lvl 12 rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

The key is to find a good group who can clear fire forest fast. Usually I join an elixer group but only use the 7-plat elixir. I also like having the luck boost as well. I'm up to 225 ichors and a couple of days ago I finally got a pink drop, and indeed it was a re-roll which I would not have gotten without the elixir. Usually in an hour I get around 10 ichors, soemtimes more, sometimes less. I had a streak a few days ago where I didn't get any for 15 straight runs, and then I had a streak where I got 9 out of 10 runs. So it's just random. Overall I find an average of about 2 out of every 5.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Well like many have mentioned the key is the right group. I have a few friends that I can do thrasher/dumpster/blessing runs with and we'll clear the stage in 2-3 minutes. But my main guy e have got this down to a science. Before the update that strengthened the enemies, we would group 20 of the enemies in the middle and smash the **** out of them. Unfortuntely we would need a mage to keep us healed but we would do the stage in a minute thirty. Now that they're even stronger we have to group them in three separate groupings. Always go clockwise and bring them to the wall so you can smash them in groups of 8-10 easier. We're actually so good, the 2 of us can do the stage by ourselves in 2 minutes. If we group them together before other birds, bears, or mages screw up our obvious plan, they can help clean up the stragglers and we'll have the stage ready to be finished in a minute. I'll admit though that trying to roll with non steroid randoms who don't understand the concept of teamwork can be frustrating. But if you waited until now to start this quest, you may be too far behind the power curve. But I don't think it's too late finish this quest. Like you, I'm a full time working adult plus I live by myself. So my goal was 50 or so on the weekends in a few hours and 10-20 a day during the week if I was lucky. With my friend e, I get more money for the time because we get so many runs done in the same amount of time. I don't always get to to play with my bud, so I don't always get as many ichors during the week as I like.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ogbuehi View Post
    Well like many have mentioned the key is the right group. I have a few friends that I can do thrasher/dumpster/blessing runs with and we'll clear the stage in 2-3 minutes. But my main guy e have got this down to a science. Before the update that strengthened the enemies, we would group 20 of the enemies in the middle and smash the **** out of them. Unfortuntely we would need a mage to keep us healed but we would do the stage in a minute thirty. Now that they're even stronger we have to group them in three separate groupings. Always go clockwise and bring them to the wall so you can smash them in groups of 8-10 easier. We're actually so good, the 2 of us can do the stage by ourselves in 2 minutes. If we group them together before other birds, bears, or mages screw up our obvious plan, they can help clean up the stragglers and we'll have the stage ready to be finished in a minute. I'll admit though that trying to roll with non steroid randoms who don't understand the concept of teamwork can be frustrating. But if you waited until now to start this quest, you may be too far behind the power curve. But I don't think it's too late finish this quest. Like you, I'm a full time working adult plus I live by myself. So my goal was 50 or so on the weekends in a few hours and 10-20 a day during the week if I was lucky. With my friend e, I get more money for the time because we get so many runs done in the same amount of time. I don't always get to to play with my bud, so I don't always get as many ichors during the week as I like.
    If you read my posts, I didn't start on Friday: I decided to grind on Friday. I actually began the quest the night it came out and have been frustrated from the onset.

If I were single like you, I would already have this completed on both my bear and bird. However, I am not single. After work, I spend 2 hours a day in the gym, help my wife around the house, spend time with my kids, and play PL when time permits. As I stated in the OP, I use to be a 4-5 hour a night/12-14 hour kn weekend player. Then I woke up and realized what I was doing to myself and my family. I took a 6 month leave from PL and really only came back for a few friends. I refuse to go back to my old ways, which is what this quest requires.

A weapon which may or may not be relevant after next cap is just not worth the inconsistency of these drops. Actually, nothing pixelated is worth the time lost in RL.
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

If you read my posts, I didn't start on Friday: I decided to grind on Friday. I actually began the quest the night it came out and have been frustrated from the onset.

If I were single like you, I would already have this completed on both my bear and bird. However, I am not single. After work, I spend 2 hours a day in the gym, help my wife around the house, spend time with my kids, and play PL when time permits. As I stated in the OP, I use to be a 4-5 hour a night/12-14 hour kn weekend player. Then I woke up and realized what I was doing to myself and my family. I took a 6 month leave from PL and really only came back for a few friends. I refuse to go back to my old ways, which is what this quest requires.

A weapon which may or may not be relevant after next cap is just not worth the inconsistency of these drops. Actually, nothing pixelated is worth the time lost in RL.
    i am cry manly joy tears for you

respect of men
    yea, yea, yea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Who is this friend of yours "e"???? Just curious lol
    PL: Enisceloz: Level 76 (Warrior/Tank/Eni Express...Choo Choo!!!!)
    AL: Enisceloz: Level 26 (Warrior/Tank/Exterminator)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Just an observation since I started playing this last week sunday... I get more ichors from non-trasher groups. More often than not, I don't get any from groups who kill Dragonet too quickly.... again, just an observation.
    Rasi: Grumpy old arcane mage (AL)
    Haowesie: Confused & oblivious bird (PL)
    Aestrella: Sexy insecure mage wannabe (PL)
    Drearasy: Crazy-eyed dex-bear (PL)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I can totally understand ur frustration.
    While the concept to clear the map fast is pretty easy, finding a proper team is not.
    U always have scatter bears, ppl not willing to not use the ship cannon, mages that panic flee instead of healing...

After 2 weeks of running the map I can only say ... Good luck clearing the quest

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

This quest is def not for everyone because whatever you do, whoever you run with, short or long runs, the drop rate for ichors is really low (given that you need 500). I didnt clock the time it took me to complete this one, but that was really long. Longer than any other quest before. I have done many good runs with good parties (think the best time to clear I clocked was 1m27secs) but there are also times where you can't find good parties and you end up running around like a headless chicken to pick up the singletons a scatter bear volcanised everwhere in the map.

Anyways, as for the rewards, well my reward was to see 193/193 on my quest log really as this was bugging me :-) The staff is cool, might become obsolette but well, I dont mind that, I have it :-) and I can have two little dragons on my side when I want.

Ultmately, I;ve ran fang many many more time to drop dragon vanities so why not running blacksmoke. The main problem I see with this one is the deadline imposed.
    Pakax | Eclipse GM
    Pakax - 76 Elf | Pakaxx - 71 Eagle | Pakaxxx - 71 Grizzly | ZeroKarma - 71 Zero Death Eagle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

I can attest to crims statement he use to put insane hours in ( 3 56 cap bears right?). This quest is just an insane endeavor. I'd say leave it be man
    Just my 2 plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kraze View Post
    I can attest to crims statement he use to put insane hours in ( 3 56 cap bears right?). This quest is just an insane endeavor. I'd say leave it be man
    It was a bear, mage, and 2 birds. Only one of them were on elixir. But yes, I had a slight addiction.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Join the party buddy. I work out as well and I don't have a wife to help take care of my child or clean up my house. Just because I am single doesn't mean I am going to shrug off my responsibilities as an adult in maintaining my place. If I didn't go to the gym, ordered out for all my meals, didn't cut the grass, do my laundry, clean my house, pack my stuff for work, do volunteer work, and go to bed at a reasonable hour, I'd probably be done with this quest by now. But I wouldn't be surprised if it takes me 3-4 more days to get my last 30 or so ichors. I definitely don't have the time to even play 4-5 hours a night or 12-14 hours on a weekend. Quite frankly, I didn't even expect to finish the quest in time because I figured it would be closed by now. At best I'll get an hour or 2 during the weekday and a few hours on the weekend per day off. Just for the heck of it, I downloaded the app onto my phone to try and get some during my lunch break since I eat at work anyway. Got 6 ichors playing with randoms in 45 minutes. Why? Probably because we were getting the runs done so quickly. If you're taking 5 or more minutes to complete a run, this quest is a bear. My goal was about 10-20 during the weekday and 50+ on the weekends. My only worry was if there was going to be enough time for me complete this based. But they've given us so much time, I'm just pecking away at the quest the same way I did for totems, furballs, and snowballs. A little here and there and the quest has to get completed at some point. I've seen the bad runs and experienced the bad runs. Had a friend who had 499. Took 13 runs to finally get the last one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Join the party buddy. I work out as well and I don't have a wife to help take care of my child or clean up my house. Just because I am single doesn't mean I am going to shrug off my responsibilities as an adult in maintaining my place. If I didn't go to the gym, ordered out for all my meals, didn't cut the grass, do my laundry, clean my house, pack my stuff for work, do volunteer work, and go to bed at a reasonable hour, I'd probably be done with this quest by now. But I wouldn't be surprised if it takes me 3-4 more days to get my last 30 or so ichors. I definitely don't have the time to even play 4-5 hours a night or 12-14 hours on a weekend. Quite frankly, I didn't even expect to finish the quest in time because I figured it would be closed by now. At best I'll get an hour or 2 during the weekday and a few hours on the weekend per day off. Just for the heck of it, I downloaded the app onto my phone to try and get some during my lunch break since I eat at work anyway. Got 6 ichors playing with randoms in 45 minutes. Why? Probably because we were getting the runs done so quickly. If you're taking 5 or more minutes to complete a run, this quest is a bear. My goal was about 10-20 during the weekday and 50+ on the weekends. My only worry was if there was going to be enough time for me complete this based. But they've given us so much time, I'm just pecking away at the quest the same way I did for totems, furballs, and snowballs. A little here and there and the quest has to get completed at some point. I've seen the bad runs and experienced the bad runs. Had a friend who had 499. Took 13 runs to finally get the last one.
    You didn't mention your "responsibilities", so don't take offense to my response. You made it clear that you have dedicated time to this quest, much more time than I even dedicate to the game in general.

Reading comprehension skills are a becoming less and less existent.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

You didn't mention your "responsibilities", so don't take offense to my response. You made it clear that you have dedicated time to this quest, much more time than I even dedicate to the game in general.

Reading comprehension skills are a becoming less and less existent.
    Yep, I notice that reading comprehension skills are a becoming less and less existent as well. No offense taken.
    Last edited by Ogbuehi; 09-24-2012 at 07:19 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Good luck crim! Keep going!

rhinomagic[/B]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

After 5 hours of playing your hands well be cramped after 8 hours of playing non stop it starts to go numb and after 12 hours u would have destroyed your hands play 2-3 hours a day

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

His ign starts with e but it looks like one of those random names given by the game that I know I'll mess up if try to spell it here. Plus he has to be online in order for me not to have to sift through the long list of friends I've got. Plus, if he's online, I'm going to try and play with rather than perusing this forum.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

His ign starts with e but it looks like one of those random names given by the game that I know I'll mess up if try to spell it here. Plus he has to be online in order for me not to have to sift through the long list of friends I've got. Plus, if he's online, I'm going to try and play with rather than perusing this forum.
    Just asking because his strategy sounds just like mine, and you said he's a bear just like me, and his name starts with an "E" and it's random just like mines (my IGN: Enisceloz) lol...
    Last edited by Enisceloz; 09-27-2012 at 12:13 PM.
    PL: Enisceloz: Level 76 (Warrior/Tank/Eni Express...Choo Choo!!!!)
    AL: Enisceloz: Level 26 (Warrior/Tank/Exterminator)