Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Engis dominate PVP now - a joke, right? -.-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

I heard d proverb smewhere "Every dog has its day"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Astrocat View Post
    I'm not in what you say, I disagree .
    Well, Astro... What makes Engi's OP this cap? Just what everyone's been saying in this thread, dodge. Or any stat. What caused Engi's to somehow drastically gain an advantage in PVP this cap? There were no changes to the Engi or Com's skills--it was gear.

Here's what happened. STS knows that because they have class specific gear, rebalancing things is simple. In an attempt to balance Engi's with the other classes, they tweaked gear stats and went a little too far. So, many people in this thread have stated, "It's Engi's turn to dominate, it's just fair that way." It's not. It's not ideal. An ideal state of class balance is any class fighting a different class and having an equal chance. This way, the biggest factor is skill. It's what everyone's been wanting in PL and SL.

Overall, the SL "department", or whatever, did a good job. They listened to what players said (unlike in PL) and attempted to fix the issue. They came fairly close, but overdid it. Tweaking stats some in a patch (as soon as possible) would most likely fix the "imbalance".

Astro, just to prove this, use a level 35 Engineer and fight a level 35 Commando.

For these reasons I really do hope that class specific gear will be used in Arcane Legends. While cross-class gear offers much more diversity and originality in the game in general, it was not at all well executed in PL. There are many things wrong with it, and while I don't dislike STS, they just don't seem to be able to handle the job of attempting to balance things with cross-class gear... So much that they stopped attempting to after the level 60 cap in PL. So, I really hope that they do not use cross-class gear (to a large extent) in Arcane Legends.

It's why I think SL has more potential than PL. And, ofc, DL does because they avoided the issue by offering one class with passive skills and a skill tree, which still adds quite a lot of diversity (good move).
    Last edited by Dynastu; 09-22-2012 at 09:17 PM.
    01100100011001010111001101101111011011000110100100 10000001110111011011110111001001110011011101000010 00000110001001110101011100100110010000101110

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

OMG
    Engineers have always been underpowered in PvP and right when you're evenly matched, it's unfair to you????
    Kaytar

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaytar For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kaytar View Post
    OMG
    Engineers have always been underpowered in PvP and right when you're evenly matched, it's unfair to you????
    This, I agree.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dynastu View Post
    Well, Astro... What makes Engi's OP this cap? Just what everyone's been saying in this thread, dodge. Or any stat. What caused Engi's to somehow drastically gain an advantage in PVP this cap? There were no changes to the Engi or Com's skills--it was gear.

Here's what happened. STS knows that because they have class specific gear, rebalancing things is simple. In an attempt to balance Engi's with the other classes, they tweaked gear stats and went a little too far. So, many people in this thread have stated, "It's Engi's turn to dominate, it's just fair that way." It's not. It's not ideal. An ideal state of class balance is any class fighting a different class and having an equal chance. This way, the biggest factor is skill. It's what everyone's been wanting in PL and SL.

Overall, the SL "department", or whatever, did a good job. They listened to what players said (unlike in PL) and attempted to fix the issue. They came fairly close, but overdid it. Tweaking stats some in a patch (as soon as possible) would most likely fix the "imbalance".

Astro, just to prove this, use a level 35 Engineer and fight a level 35 Commando.

For these reasons I really do hope that class specific gear will be used in Arcane Legends. While cross-class gear offers much more diversity and originality in the game in general, it was not at all well executed in PL. There are many things wrong with it, and while I don't dislike STS, they just don't seem to be able to handle the job of attempting to balance things with cross-class gear... So much that they stopped attempting to after the level 60 cap in PL. So, I really hope that they do not use cross-class gear (to a large extent) in Arcane Legends.

It's why I think SL has more potential than PL. And, ofc, DL does because they avoided the issue by offering one class with passive skills and a skill tree, which still adds quite a lot of diversity (good move).
    I'm not here to prove anything or to talk about it for ages. I'm happy with my engineer at the moment .

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Astrocat For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by loa moderater View Post
    i saw a lv 41 op with pure dex and 927 armor! comms are supposed to be the tanks, engi once soloed the hole numa and i died so much, its not fair
    I'm op, pure dex, 970 armour.
    Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes! -Billy Connolly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zaonabiuibil View Post
    I'm op, pure dex, 970 armour.
    *clap* *clap* *clap*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dynastu View Post

Man I like this person! Makes a whole lot of sense, and is saying exactly my point from the start of this thread.

Don't waste your time, its not worth it, as long as they are OP/on top they are happy. Before "tweak" they were breaking out they were gonna quit and moaning on every single thread. Now that more then half the update was nerfd to make it easy they are happy, and telling others that they need to stop "being negative" lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaytar View Post
    OMG
    This, I agree.
    Lol..

Kay when did you start PvPn? They haven't been "underpowered" through the whole of the game, and if you took a few mins to test out lower lvl PvP you will find Engi are quite dominant.

Evenly matched you say? If that was the case there wouldn't be a need of this discussion..

or to talk about it for ages. I'm happy with my engineer at the moment .
    I'd love to hear you end of why you disagree with everything " Dynastu" is saying.. because I'm pretty sure you couldn't if you tried.

All that PvP is about is mocked here. PvP is not about OP, its about knowing your class and being able to react in split moments to counter attack anything coming at you. It's about strategy. Not "We are the best, Engi/OP so now we rule".

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    183 Posts

Wait it out till next update, like we engineers waited last time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

My com Died from a level 44 Eng. using the new epic gears.
    But its alright i havent fully tested/looked on Pink set/orange set and other items.
    I saw one orange part that adds 7%dodge,

this Eng domination wont last for its not right(ahem)

Cya IGame

PS: took screenie while on Inc Mass buff(+300 armor)

Jumping through those holes in time and space
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cahaun View Post
    Before update: People were whining that the engineer has no chance in PvP

After Update: People are whining that the engineer has a better chance in PvP
    That was precisely the first thing I was thinking.

Comms and ops, especially the ops, but the over-dodge'd comms too, had 9.7 months to squish unsuspecting engis into pulp without gear, skill, or effort, that could have been 5 levels above them and likely dominated PvP in that field from the opening of PvP in this game in the first place.

You haven't had enough?

We don't deserve the same rotation of power?
    Last edited by PianoWizzy; 09-23-2012 at 02:39 AM.

Let me explain the lateness of signatures with a page of my homework.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

No you misunderstood, we all deserve better from StS to finally fix "balanced" PvP, or it is all meaningless. They should have done it when they added PvP arenas to the game. Like I said, 10+ Months and they can't even adjust PvP to make it fair between all classes. (Even though it could of been the day of release if they wanted to)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BodMaster For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

At lvl 41 cap,comm were boss:
    High armour+high dodge+lots of health+those 2 deadly skills(mass+critical buff)
    i think its time for engs to rule the world
    So yea its pretty fair

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seiyen View Post
    At lvl 41 cap,comm were boss:
    High armour+high dodge+lots of health+those 2 deadly skills(mass+critical buff)
    i think its time for engs to rule the world
    So yea its pretty fair
    Agreeeeeed!

--
    Sent by a Cat, using Tapatalk in Space!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post
    No you misunderstood, we all deserve better from StS to finally fix "balanced" PvP, or it is all meaningless. They should have done it when they added PvP arenas to the game. Like I said, 10+ Months and they can't even adjust PvP to make it fair between all classes. (Even though it could of been the day of release if they wanted to)
    Thanks
    Finally someone who understands my point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PianoWizzy View Post
    That was precisely the first thing I was thinking.

Comms and ops, especially the ops, but the over-dodge'd comms too, had 9.7 months to squish unsuspecting engis into pulp without gear, skill, or effort, that could have been 5 levels above them and likely dominated PvP in that field from the opening of PvP in this game in the first place.

You haven't had enough?

We don't deserve the same rotation of power?
    custom coms > ops

most of the time

but being an eng PvPer at the lv41 cap. ehhh.. It was hard. I dunno how I maintained a positive kdr.
    Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes! -Billy Connolly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

the key for coms to get back on track is getting the pink set,

7%dodge
    highest armor boost.

and also theres an orange armor that gives 7%dodge per parts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cephei View Post
    Thanks
    Finally someone who understands my point.
    Lol, you would think anyone that truly loves a challenge would understand this bud. Unfortunately players that have less talent love to go the OP class.

Jumping through those holes in time and space
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zaonabiuibil View Post
    custom coms > ops

most of the time

but being an eng PvPer at the lv41 cap. ehhh.. It was hard. I dunno how I maintained a positive kdr.
    Ahh I remember that now. At the L41 cap, a legendary op kills a custom comm toe-to-toe.

Let me explain the lateness of signatures with a page of my homework.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

lol c'mon it's a game people -_-