Thread: .-* suggestion to bring replay value back up*-.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Lightbulb .-* suggestion to bring replay value back up*-.

*If you want the short and sweet version, read the bold text only*

The biggest issue i see with all 3 games is "I'm capped, now what...?" the reason why i'm posting this in the SL section of the forums is because SL is the game that needs the most help with this. So the question is how do we bring the replay value up in a game like this? Well the answer is quests!

Yes the game has quests already but they're all the same in some way "kill this many enemies, break this many things, go find data" and for what? a few credits and very very little xp. No REAL reward behind doing 99% of any of the quests so nobody does them. Quests in any RPG add something to do on the side when away from the main story line of the game so you feel you have a little more freedom while playing and not always feeling like your on a straight tunneled road to grinding.

To fix this I've come up with a solution that another game gave the idea. It would take some developing but i guarantee it would not only bring the replay value up but would also open more doors to future game expansion ideas.

Answer: Make a quest that once completed gives you the ability to switch to a whole new set of skills whenever you need to.

Sounds crazy? but think about it, all the skill slots are taken (except one in SL) right? Instead of doing whats being done in PL and making them more powerful, how about add a whole new set? LOTS of things would have to be taken into consideration of course but it can be done. some main idea points to help make you visualize the whole concept (all are examples and of course can be altered):

-Current level would have to be taken into consideration. Only levels 20+ could start the quest.

-the lowest skill on there is 20+ required to even get which is why its lvls 20+ to start the quest. From there on you will unlock more skills when leveling up.

-The be able to swap to the new skills you will have to talk to the quest giver once completed to select the switch option to prevent auto switching whenever you want.

-The skills could be anything from team support only to help your team on harder tasks and create a better strategy, to harder hitting, awesome animating end game skills.

-Each class would either have the same reward outcome or different.

-You must have a certain amount of quests points already done in order to start this quest as well.

-This quest would have to be difficult and probably make you run every zone at least once to get the tasks done since the reward outcome is definately good, i'd say its worth it.

-This would also add a little more edge to pvp strategies.

So instead of adding caps and events to the game how about we take a break from all that and add something epic WHILE waiting for caps and events to be added.
    System & others love me ;] U jelly?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ihavenokills For This Useful Post: