Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .-* suggestion to bring replay value back up*-.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ihavenokills View Post
    na thats not the game i've actually never heard of dragon nest lol. It's an rpg i've played since 2001 and i just cant seem to put it down XD
    Ohh.. But most of the part, most rpg's are quest based. And the system is always like that, so I assumed lol
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Play as if it's your last.
    Because in the End, You will face Judgement

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I agree. Star legends is my fav out of the 3, but needs more content. Daily quests would be great for each area. And the rewards need to be more than garbage gear or a few credits.

Also, I would love to see some new music. The newest they added in select maps was great.

Lastly, a fluctuation of sorts to the market would help. Hate how 95% of the items are worthless, and the other 5% are super pricey. Would be nice to see that balanced a bit. A quick fix would be to lower the drop rate a lot for most items so there's a lot less trash, and just up the credits a bit from mobs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

On a side note, I think they should slow down with new games and concentrate on more exciting content and polishing of their current games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The point is to come up with ways to hold the players attention. The current system seems like after a certian point not much thought or effort is required for progressing...equalling a lesser attention hold. The game is great, it just needs some polishing.

So here's the breakdown what I think it needs.
    1) actions: Ie punching jabbing, jumping, crawling, maneuvering, camera angles
    2) puzzles to keep the player engaged
    3) plot: needs to change lv based goal and turn it into progressive labor and fun invested

1) actions need to diversify greater because I'm having a hard time of being convinced between the message you want me to get and the message I'm actually getting. Im suggesting a punch, whack or jab because that seems like a practical thing to add. << I.want to button mash,>> that's the instinct I'm getting every time i start firing...but The character just stands and shoots. I like the chaos and barrage of visual effects of mass attacking, but I'm still not won over. That's also why I included camera. I feel as though the game needs a more personal contact with the enemy. It needs to engage our attention...maybe the controls suddenly switch and you no longer walk regularly but encircle the enemy? Perhaps it. Can be remedied by a dash button, a burst or speed change in motion...some calibration is needed for the character.

2) puzzles because we need some memorable interactions and accomplishments. Ever played those old games that make you tighten up when in a boss fight or doing one really hard task and you're like omg omg omg I can do this I can do this, don't die don't die! Yes we need things that will make the player FEEL those emotions, but not make puzzles for the sake of puzzles, but make it with something rewarding and lasting out of it. I felt you were on to the right track with the first hive invasion... And you started to touch up on it more with the recent update. ( kudos to you! Well done. Seriously I noticed the change ) But I think it extends deeper into the 3rd reason on my list.

3) plot. We need to know where we are going. Who are we trying to kill, who is the BIG bad guy we just gotta kill, or what levels make us go... Omg that was tough, yet feel accomplished.
    I think it's diminished because there is no concrete lead or sense of direction, it,s just go and oh figure out what's there.

Lead us to those moments through the game not the updates. Let us know it's there and it's coming, and give us some memorable thrill along the way as we play.
    I don't want to kill a boss just for the sake. Maybe some levels need some In between weapons part collection/ hunt thing going on? Maybe the levels need to be more separated or bound together. A boss battle would be cool if we weren't just standing and repetitively shooting. Maybe change the boss music to be more suspenseful? Or change the dynamics of the lair? Make it so it's a challenge, that way we can remember. Suspenseful music can enhance the game quite a bit so music can be a big help.

By the way, I love the armor and weapons. I think you got that down. Solid.
    Especially the scorn. Wow

Lose trying to come up with more and better weapons because that's what we are trying to grind
    And I personally lose interest if that's going to be the actual focus of the game...Considering the huge skew in value for each weapon. So yeah, whack, jump, dash...puzzles, suspenseful music, challenges. That's what I think it needs more integration of...
    Last edited by JCort; 10-04-2012 at 09:18 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JCort For This Useful Post: