Thread: How to make a successful guild

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default How to make a successful guild

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forums, but I thought I'd start out with a rather large post. Running a successful guild requires constant work, especially at the start, but it's one the most rewarding experiences in Pocket Legends.

Step one: Decide what kind of guild it will be
    There are many types of guilds. Leveling guilds, farming guilds, PvP guilds, social guilds, and merching guilds are the most common. Leveling guilds by far the most common, and easiest to get into. Their purpose is self-explanatory - to level up! Leveling guilds are often quite large, because the recruiters will invite ANYBODY. Sometimes they will only invite players over a certain level, such as Blue Dragonz, which allows anybody level 50 or higher to join. Farming guilds are also fairly common, but they can vary dramatically in size. A farming guild could be anything from a few friends to a hundred active players. Depending on the guild, they can be extremely hard to get into. The requirements may include: gear, being at level cap, working well with the guild in a test run, being an active player, and more. Note that almost all good farming guilds have a minimum level requirement, and some farming guilds may also be leveling guilds.
    Step two: recruiting. If you really need members, advertise or invite people in the towne with the level you want. Keep in mind that Balefort has lots of people with all levels and interests. You will most likely need to stop playing for a bit, and focus entirely on recruiting. Once your guild is about a quarter of the size you want, you can tone the recruiting down a notch and take the time to interact with your guildies. Do some farming, merching, or just get to know each other. Keep in mind that the people who feel they are not being included will probably leave. Promote trustworthy members to recruiters, and have them invite their friends. Once you really get to know people well, you should even make some officers. Be wary of making new people officers because they might delete everybody and leave.

Once your guild gets off the ground a bit, take your recruiting to the forums and maybe make a website or a Facebook page. This will increase the number of people that know about your guild. When you have about three quarters of the members you want, think of interesting things that will make your members want to stay. Perhaps a raffle with cool prizes, or the weekly farming of a good level. These things get people involved in the guild and let new people get to know everyone. By this time, you should be recruiting on the side.

Now that your guild is established, make sure you get a good reputation. Immature or annoying members should be given a warning or given the boot - they reflect badly on your guild. Consistent no-shows should also be demoted or shown the door, if they don't give advance warning. Your guild should have some simple rules that everybody is made aware of at the start-such as no begging and treat everyone with respect. Now that you have a guild with good people and interesting events, it will fill up quite quickly and become the size you are shooting for. These guidelines worked very well for me when I was making my guild. I can't guarantee they will work for you, but if you put effort into making a good guild it will show.

Basically:
    Decide what kind of guild you want
    Recruit people accordingly
    Recruit a lot
    Have some simple rules
    Have interesting events

Examples:
    The Elite-large guild-will invite anyone level 55+
    PL Merchant Alliance-merchant guild-will invite anyone with 3 million gold
    Last edited by Zaheris; 11-02-2012 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Xuet

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Zaheris For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Pretty good job. Though you should get it moved to the GUIDES section
    Last edited by Azataso; 09-22-2012 at 03:56 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Ok, how would I go about that?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

I think it should stay in the guilds section. It's a guide about a guild so...sort of both but nice work

Thanks for the sig JeffSorrows!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

Being in the guild section will get it on the 2nd page in a week. It could use some tweaking, but its worth a spot inthw guide section. I suggest you add examples of those types of guilds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Finally edited it- Thanks for the suggestions everyone, is it better now?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I have a few suggestions you might want to add.

I think any competitive or guild with a good foundation will remove players whom stay inactive for a certain period of time. (this may apply a little loosely in pocket legends) Having members whom stay online a certain amount of time per week or for a relaxed guild per month, is an important part of the guilds sociology. Through guild chat, will help people get to know others. Also, give your members opportunities to play together via events, runs, leveling, and/pr farming will help build character.

Great job so far btw.
    Last edited by Xuet; 10-20-2012 at 04:08 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

sorry for double post. Was an accident.