Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
I disagree, Robin. Nobody in the real world needs to tell them that if they give something to a stranger, they might never see it again. It should go without saying here, too.
In real life, if I lend an item to someone and I have proof that it's mine there are legal ways to get it back. I can also have proof in game e.g. screenshot with the full dialogue which could be also validated from game logs. In fact, given that game logs record all user actions, there is always proof in game. The user should know that despite of the fact that there may be proof, STS is not willing to reverse the transfer.

In the same opening message it also states 'inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated'. To someone, this could also include borrowing an item and refusing to return it. It should become clear that this behavior is not considered inappropriate by STS simply because they don't recognise/support any transfers of type "loan" in game. It is always 'give' or 'trade'.

It's fair enough especially now that they made it clear with the forum statement. Therefore, I agree with this
Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
unrelated to the reply: I think the OP is the right way to go about it. Better that someone learn about being trustful of strangers when it's only fake money at stake. STS shouldn't have to be a nanny state.
but please note that these virtual items actually cost real money. STS actually makes a profit from selling such virtual goods so to them these are not different from real life items.

If they put this notification in the opening message it will save us from all the drama. As I said, not all players read the forum.