Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Level 63 IS appropriate for Lost Villas!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

This is actually more complex than I thought

1. Observe this ^... So I am 70 and the rest < 70 but I still see the yellow threat level.

2. Zheo, the threat level decrease you mention could have been caused by decrease of total enemies in the map... Look at following:

In the beginning of the map, we see this fat guy as yellow. Near the end (same team) we see the same type of enemy as white. I tested it several times and in several maps.

Fluff (or in fact anyone who knows something about this), could you let us know how exactly these threat levels work please if you find time. This would be useful to avoid silly boots and also maximise our xp gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsleazy View Post
    Xp is based of individual character level, not team level. Unless things changed in Humania, at 70 a character would get 1 xp/kill, while a 63 would get 2 xp/kill in the same group.
    I am afraid you will need to show that threat level does not affect xp gain with evidence to prove your point
    Last edited by Brave Sir Robin; 09-29-2012 at 03:37 PM.
    When danger reared its ugly head, he bravely turned his tail and fled / Yes, brave Sir Robin turned about and gallantly he chickened out / Bravest of the braaaave, Sir Robin!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    There was once a time when you could join any map. Low level leechers would join maps and have to be booted. But after a lot of pleading from people, myself included, the devs established minimum levels for zones. Then they added some plat elixirs that allowed people to leech, if they pay.

For the zone called Lost Villas, the minimum level is 63.

Yesterday my alt's daily blessing was a 24 hr 3x combo elixir. His name is Corelli. He's level 63 because I naturally leveled my main first. But he had the blessing, so I figured I'd get him some xp. I grabbed another combo elix, because the blessing stacks, and went into a public Lost Villas instance.

Suffice it to say that 3x + 4x = 7x, so my L63 was practically invulnerable.

Yet upon entering the zone, a level 70 declared me to be a leecher and told the other guys in the zone that he was gong to remake and ditch the lowbie. Frankly, with 7x combo (after stacking) my toon can solo Lost Villas.

I contacted the level 70 player and told him I am no noob, that I've been here for a long time, that I don't leech. But of course, he assumed I was lying. I said I'd show him my shields. Naturally, anyone who has been here as long as me has vanities that others can't get. But then I thought, y'know, there's only one thing I have to show to prove I am who I say I am, which is the one you can see on my avatar. So he said, come join my game and show me. So I did.

Not that it matters. I mean, if someone just doesn't want to play with you, there's no reason to try to change their mind. There are plenty more instances going on.

But what I'm trying to say is, some of us spent a lot of time and effort to convince the devs to implement these minimum levels, and to implement the minimum mob kills to spawn a boss. And there is no longer any need to set yourself up as an enforcer to attempt to raise the minimum level. The minimum level for Villas is 63.

Besides, when I'm using an effective 7x combo, the L70s are the leechers, dangit!
    i liked making lv1's and going to tombs tho
    yea, yea, yea

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robin View Post
    This is actually more complex than I thought

1. Observe this ^... So I am 70 and the rest < 70 but I still see the yellow threat level.

2. Zheo, the threat level decrease you mention could have been caused by decrease of total enemies in the map... Look at following:

In the beginning of the map, we see this fat guy as yellow. Near the end (same team) we see the same type of enemy as white. I tested it several times and in several maps.

Fluff (or in fact anyone who knows something about this), could you let us know how exactly these threat levels work please if you find time. This would be useful to avoid silly boots and also maximise our xp gain.

I am afraid you will need to show that threat level does not affect xp gain with evidence to prove your point
    What you are seeing is because it is a respawning map. If you watch threat on regular maps, it can drop up to a level when a certain number are left (usually about 14). On the respawning that possible drop happens, but of course never goes back up. You could just keep remaking till the drop but that defeats the purpose of the respawn. My tests were all 70s keeping the threat at yellow after the 'drop'. I never did tests with 71s but it looks like they can counter some sub 70's, though not sure how many.
    Note that in my tests it only changed up when a 70 entered. So if it was 4 70's it would be yellow. If a 69 entered it would drop to white. If that 69 left it would stay white unless another 70 entered.
    Actually, and I have not tested, but if you have five 70's, and no one leaves, it might drop, and never recover.
    Last edited by FluffNStuff; 09-30-2012 at 02:17 PM.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    What you are seeing is because it is a respawning map. If you watch threat on regular maps, it can drop up to a level when a certain number are left (usually about 14). On the respawning that possible drop happens, but of course never goes back up. You could just keep remaking till the drop but that defeats the purpose of the respawn. My tests were all 70s keeping the threat at yellow after the 'drop'. I never did tests with 71s but it looks like they can counter some sub 70's, though not sure how many.
    Note that in my tests it only changed up when a 70 entered. So if it was 4 70's it would be yellow. If a 69 entered it would drop to white. If that 69 left it would stay white unless another 70 entered.
    Actually, and I have not tested, but if you have five 70's, and no one leaves, it might drop, and never recover.
    (By respawning you mean maps like Villas where enemies respawn I guess.)

The maps shown in these pictures are normal, you can find this info at the bottom, South point village and Sandbar Lagoon. In these, even with a team 64, 65, 67, 69 I can still see yellow threat level (I am 70, see top left corner).

However, in the respawning map (Villas, see pics of my previous post) it's like you say, lower levels lower the threat level and higher levs increase it.

My guess is that four factors influence threat level:

1. Density of enemies on map
    2. Diffculty of each individual enemy (in Lagoon trashes go white earlier than big fat rockies which proves this point)
    3. Level of map (e.g. you get less points in Fang as your level increases from 66 to 69)
    3. Team level

It seems that in most maps density, difficulty of enemies and level of map are the dominant factors. However, if density falls below a certain threshold, team level starts to play a role. So maybe Villas has a lower enemy density (it makes sense since enemies respawn I guess) that's why a higher level team can achieve higher threat level.

I think the following pic proves my point. That's from the end of Lagoon map. Compare to the previous Lagoon images, in which threat level decreased to white during the run when enemy density decreased. Now, the presence of a 71 prevents the decrease of threat level.

Not sure if you have any objections
    When danger reared its ugly head, he bravely turned his tail and fled / Yes, brave Sir Robin turned about and gallantly he chickened out / Bravest of the braaaave, Sir Robin!