Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warrior needs some love pls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Default Warrior needs some love pls

Hi, after a long talk in some threads that seems to be useless talking about how weak was kraken sword because devs « are done with those weapons » I must share my point of view on the warrior itself. I’ll talk about 3 main points that will develop you how I feel playing this class and why does it need a big buff or even a rework.
    This will be helpful for devs cause they are already thinking of a skills and class revamps and so on.

-gear price: The gear on warrior is incredibly cheap compared to rogue or mage one. The gap is usually of many millions. So why do I complain about cheap gear? I just don’t. I complain about the reason why the gear is so cheap and it is juste because the class is weak. Warrior is considered as a weak class that does not do decent damage because the other classes outclass it by miles away. That is why the pt for elite portals are restricted for the class the famous « sorry no need warrior » « we already have one warrior sorry » « need mage/rogue ». A buff is needed.
    - sustainability : A big myth about warrior is it’s tankiness. We have a lot of armor and usually a big pool of PV due to strength. But even with the endgame gear (zaar or kraken) you die as much as the other classes. The heal and jug sound great but mage has also a great heal and shield so it’s not unique or even the best.
    - damage output: the warrior is the most proc dependent class that is why many players asked for a weapon buff and not a class buff. But because the first option is a no go for devs the second is the only one available. The gameplay is based on buffing yourself with Vengeful blood | rally cry | ultimate (only in maps) , debuffing ennemies with axe throw and using your procs (if aegis you proc with axe throw) .
    The ult is broken so it feels like warrior is decent in maps even if the normal damage output is not great. It would be enjoyable to have some buttons to press because right now it’s really flat and not even great in single damage output. I assembled a full kraken set. I gathered almost 2k6 str on a zaar saber set and still cannot do e rahab first phase with kraken sword. To compair it to other classes the equivalent of my gear on other classes completely delete élite rahabkor in one proc. It would be great to get some buttons to press that deal good damage.

So that is why we don’t have much warrior in top 1 speedrun even if there are some that have overpowered gear.
    We need love.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tekila For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

PVE-wise, I agree. A mid-geared rogue/mage is more potent than a high-high-end-game geared warrior. The funny part is we need to use damage elixirs to even reach the power of a rogue and a mage without using our ult and with high-end game gears.

Furthermore, it is really difficult to get a decent party to play e-rahab or e-ekanta as a warrior because there's a stigma with warrior classes that they do not deliver damage quickly enough compared to rogues and mages. So, as a result, warriors get left out. For reference, I have 3k str on my warrior, and I do decent damage, and I still, I still get discriminated against in parties because of the simple fact that I am a warrior class, STS.

I understand that a warrior should not be a damage-dealing class, but what's the point of having high hp and armor when you can get deleted by OP-reflect mobs (this actually sucks because with kraken aegis, the mobs are pulled towards you LOL) and suicidal beetles (please nerf these buggers) regardless of how high your hp or armor is, STS?

A mage can be as tanky as a warrior and deal more damage (the same thing with rogues). They can even heal themselves. Hell, I even saw mages and rogues solo e-rahab in a random match without waiting for their entire party.

Lastly, top speedrun LBs are infested with rogues and mages. If you see a warrior in speedrun LB, usually that warrior got carried by a mage or a rogue.

I suggest an overall change in class skills if gears aren't possible to work with and possibly nerfing the survivability of a mage and rogue in PVE.

+1 Warriors need more love than this

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ezekieya For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I always liked to play war and this is why I decided to switch to war not long ago..
    The thing is we have 2 dps classes, and a class thats a little bit more tanky
    But nobody feels the need for a tank

Correct me if I am wrong, tanks are not needed in Elite Rahabkor which is the main place to play rn to farm gold
    In EZG we don’t really feel necessary that much as well since a mage for example that insta proc 500% HP, Armor, Damage and has a 65% damage reduction shield with immortality and can also use an OP protective pet AA, need us to “tank”

Basically the tanking now is simply use the horn heal skill for a second while they get their procs up.
    I think we have went past the point to complain to complain that warriors are not necessary but I would suggest to make them more dps character in pve

Since we have 1 dps with high dodge, crit
    1 dps with big AoE and op skills and CC
    Lets have 1 dps with slightly more hp,

I may be wrong tho, maby we will be needed in zodias catacombs well see about that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Freed View Post
    I always liked to play war and this is why I decided to switch to war not long ago..
    The thing is we have 2 dps classes, and a class thats a little bit more tanky
    But nobody feels the need for a tank

Correct me if I am wrong, tanks are not needed in Elite Rahabkor which is the main place to play rn to farm gold
    In EZG we don’t really feel necessary that much as well since a mage for example that insta proc 500% HP, Armor, Damage and has a 65% damage reduction shield with immortality and can also use an OP protective pet AA, need us to “tank”

Basically the tanking now is simply use the horn heal skill for a second while they get their procs up.
    I think we have went past the point to complain to complain that warriors are not necessary but I would suggest to make them more dps character in pve

Since we have 1 dps with high dodge, crit
    1 dps with big AoE and op skills and CC
    Lets have 1 dps with slightly more hp,

I may be wrong tho, maby we will be needed in zodias catacombs well see about that
    In fact the actual op proc system makes a tank class pretty useless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

It's not warrior that is the problem, warrior doesn't need a buff, mage/rogue doesn't need a nerf.

It's the maps that are the problem, having raid style/single boss maps being the main farm spot is what's making tanks and teamwork in general not needed because of course a map that is only about doing damage will favor whoever does the most damage. It was the same at 71 cap when hydra/infested swamp was the map to farm and 41-46 when shuyal arena was the go to map for rogues only.

I hope the new arcane dungeon map is better suited to all classes and they stop these single boss raid zones, they haven't worked yet in terms of teamwork/all classes being needed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thewolfbull View Post
    It's not warrior that is the problem, warrior doesn't need a buff, mage/rogue doesn't need a nerf.

It's the maps that are the problem, having raid style/single boss maps being the main farm spot is what's making tanks and teamwork in general not needed because of course a map that is only about doing damage will favor whoever does the most damage. It was the same at 71 cap when hydra/infested swamp was the map to farm and 41-46 when shuyal arena was the go to map for rogues only.

I hope the new arcane dungeon map is better suited to all classes and they stop these single boss raid zones, they haven't worked yet in terms of teamwork/all classes being needed.
    I agree with you at a point that the maps are not in favour of tanking.
    But The fact that tank is not needed in the whole game just makes the « tank warrior » irrelevant.
    The whole game is about damage and the class finishes leased.
    It’s not only a buff it’s a rework that is needed.
    In fact having tanks in a hack and slash is pretty uncommon and hard to balance.
    But one thing is sure, if the game is still about one shot op proc meta tank will stay unneeded and it seems that devs are more into class rework right now than a complete game rework.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tekila For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tekila View Post
    I agree with you at a point that the maps are not in favour of tanking.
    But The fact that tank is not needed in the whole game just makes the « tank warrior » irrelevant.
    The whole game is about damage and the class finishes leased.
    It’s not only a buff it’s a rework that is needed.
    In fact having tanks in a hack and slash is pretty uncommon and hard to balance.
    But one thing is sure, if the game is still about one shot op proc meta tank will stay unneeded and it seems that devs are more into class rework right now than a complete game rework.

If you "rework" tank into a damage dealer, then everyone will just switch to warrior, and you have the same problem with different classes, The game has been (close to) balanced for all classes before and can be again if the maps were balanced towards teamwork instead of damage/single boss.

I'm still hopeful for new catacombs map though, gotta wait and see how that goes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Maybe they should add class specific passives skill in addition to current passives skills.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

HAHA! no......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Imagine having 41k hp and still getting two shotted by a bettleboi and rekt by an OP-reflect mermaid.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Default Warrior needs some love pls

Quote Originally Posted by Thewolfbull View Post
    If you "rework" tank into a damage dealer, then everyone will just switch to warrior, and you have the same problem with different classes, The game has been (close to) balanced for all classes before and can be again if the maps were balanced towards teamwork instead of damage/single boss.

I'm still hopeful for new catacombs map though, gotta wait and see how that goes.
    There is no teamwork needed in the game and there will be none until they nerf every op health, and damage boost procs and skills because the meta is clear « use immortality skill, do as much damage as you can and one shot everything ».
    So I don’t think that catacombs will change anything about it moreover I don’t think that it will change the speed runs LB depleted of warriors.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekieya View Post
    Imagine having 41k hp and still getting two shotted by a bettleboi and rekt by an OP-reflect mermaid.
    yup
    max armor, 40k HP and can still die in 1-2 shots in zodias.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

It obviously means u r doing super op damage :3 (joke)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

17. The Following User Says Thank You to LichKing1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

PVE-wise, I agree. A mid-geared rogue/mage is more potent than a high-high-end-game geared warrior. The funny part is we need to use damage elixirs to even reach the power of a rogue and a mage without using our ult and with high-end game gears.

Furthermore, it is really difficult to get a decent party to play e-rahab or e-ekanta as a warrior because there's a stigma with warrior classes that they do not deliver damage quickly enough compared to rogues and mages. So, as a result, warriors get left out. For reference, I have 3k str on my warrior, and I do decent damage, and I still, I still get discriminated against in parties because of the simple fact that I am a warrior class, STS.

I understand that a warrior should not be a damage-dealing class, but what's the point of having high hp and armor when you can get deleted by OP-reflect mobs (this actually sucks because with kraken aegis, the mobs are pulled towards you LOL) and suicidal beetles (please nerf these buggers) regardless of how high your hp or armor is, STS?

A mage can be as tanky as a warrior and deal more damage (the same thing with rogues). They can even heal themselves. Hell, I even saw mages and rogues solo e-rahab in a random match without waiting for their entire party.

Lastly, top speedrun LBs are infested with rogues and mages. If you see a warrior in speedrun LB, usually that warrior got carried by a mage or a rogue.

I suggest an overall change in class skills if gears aren't possible to work with and possibly nerfing the survivability of a mage and rogue in PVE.

+1 Warriors need more love than this
    I talked about almost same things in another thread long ago.
    People and dev think tank should be tank and shouldn't do dmg like other class while there is no map that requires tanking.

My wife's rogue that has no full kraken with full superb does more dmg than my tank that has full kraken with full flawless.
    And of course she gets more random pt invite too.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Elec For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LichKing1 View Post
    It obviously means u r doing super op damage :3 (joke)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
    "Why are you killing yourself?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Exactly! What's the point of tanking when there's no need to? Rogues and mages can also tank while doing more damage than a warrior class. Regular maps and portals dungeons are heavily focused on doing damage instead of tanking or crowd-controlling. A new player who chooses warrior class as their first class immediately switches to either mage or rogue after a few days or weeks because a warrior is outclassed in every category.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Shield immunity is real

I hope the shield thingy in warrior's heal also provide that, at least for the caster only and an actual shield shield for allies that scales off the warrior's/caster's HP. I personally dont like that warrior dont have a high uptime skill (ehem jugg-) that removes movement debuff (slow) unlike rogues and especially mages. Also hope rally gets a significant buff, significant enough to feel at least its movement buff, buffing 30%ms to the caster while 10-15% to allies, this is to also keep up with mage's wind movement speed buff with VERY high uptime and rogue's energize ultimate that gives freakin 100% ms buff

Sent from my SM-A235F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by takotako; 06-29-2023 at 03:27 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

I always thought that buffing Rally Cry significantly enough would make warriors less likely to be replaced by other classes. Instead of the 25% dodge, 5% non-stacking reduction, and 10% non-stacking speed (which is very outdated), replace them with team damage buffs like Stacking damage, crit damage, all stats, etc. With these changes, warriors wouldn't slow the team down as much, but would be providing buffs instead.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blessful For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

+1
    time to nerf rogues and mages

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blessful View Post
    I always thought that buffing Rally Cry significantly enough would make warriors less likely to be replaced by other classes. Instead of the 25% dodge, 5% non-stacking reduction, and 10% non-stacking speed (which is very outdated), replace them with team damage buffs like Stacking damage, crit damage, all stats, etc. With these changes, warriors wouldn't slow the team down as much, but would be providing buffs instead.

This is awesome idea, however, the problem is we don't have a map that is so hard so we need to hit together.
    Plus, unless we can buff their dmg by 150% or more, they will still prefer to have another rogue or mage which will have more tatal dmg outcome. I doubt dev will give tanks that much buff skill. And dmg buff sounds more like a mage skill tbh.

They will need to redesign whole map mechanism (maybe that's what they are working on with catacombs or new expansion) or simply could buff kraken sword which they refused.
    Last edited by Elec; 06-29-2023 at 09:17 AM.