Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is 4.x really better?

Akihabara Denki Gai (Home of all the OTAKUS! XD)- Tokyo, Japan :)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    Thanks guys, but yea I'm not rooting. I stand to lose too much. I want full game compatibility. Gamevil and a couple other big name Devs are locking out root.

I just wanna know what happens when I've had Flash then update to 4.1.x, please? Can I just side load new Flash versions when I update to 4.1.x or will it have zero effect?

So the S3 4.1 stock browser no longer supports it too? What about if I use an apk backup to back up the browser from 4.0.4 and then install it as an outside source app after update? Would it work then?

Do you guys recommend using Battery Saver on STS games or SGS3 can handle the graphics battery drain? How well does it handle normal graphics? I'm really worried about battery life.

Trying to find out if it's safe to go on with the update or not. You guys have experience.
    I don't recommend using battery saver apps as it drains your bat more than it saves due to constant battery monitoring.
    Battery drain is ok on Stock SGS III rom but of course, alot better on custom roms that have, i've managed to clock 7hrs+++++ straight on my rooted SGS III with force underclock@600++MHZ and running on one core(instead of 2/4-forced) playing Pl and Sl. Battery drain is alot worse on DL with me managing 6hrs max.

Do not attempt to install flash on Jb as it WILL NOT WORK PROPERLY/MAY NOT WORK AT ALL/"APPLICATION NOT INSTALLED ERROR"- depends on phone model.
    Only modified versions made for modified SGS III works properly as some code is rewritten specifically for Jb and additional tweaks made to the app is recompiled into the flash apk.

Regarding Gamevil and Com2us, they mostly only prevent you from playing their games when "Memory hack applications" are detected running in the background.
    Memory hack applications are illegal(Not going to mention any-or infraction :/ ), as people who hate iaps often use it to modify encrypted MD5 SUM Code usually used to protect Game Data/saves that are used to determine your "in-game virtual cash. e.g. glu credits).

Just avoid using those kind of apps and you will be able to play gamevil's games.
    Last edited by HunterSLAYER; 10-01-2012 at 04:47 AM.
    DO NOT INVITE ME TO YOUR GUILD IN SL UNLESS IT'S EBS TYVM!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Meant the Battery Saver slider in STS games. More info from more people would be helpful.

Gamevil and a couple other Devs have taken to just blocking root outright recently. Read reviews of them. Arel Wars 2 needs a constant signal to play. Demon Hunter displays a Korean message to root users.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 10-01-2012 at 03:44 AM.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Akihabara Denki Gai (Home of all the OTAKUS! XD)- Tokyo, Japan :)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Arel wars 2 needs a data/WIFI connection to play not because of root, but because "Save data" is presumably saved to their server(Gamevil provides cloud saving services to users of their apps).
    I've a personal copy of Arel Wars that can run offline ^^.

You're right about Demon hunter. The dev managed to encrypt the apk pretty well but not for long, cos' this dev is smarter than him ^^.
    Edit: Done! Got Demon Hunter running on my ROOTED Device. only took me 15 mins.
    Demon Hunter uses READ_PHONE_STATE to determine whether a phone is rooted or not which can be easily patched(as as always, not going to tell you how or i'll get an infraction) by anybody who's knowledgeable in droid.

Pffft. And i thought Bicore's demon hunter was going to be a challenge. They were no match for me
    Last edited by HunterSLAYER; 10-01-2012 at 05:23 AM.
    DO NOT INVITE ME TO YOUR GUILD IN SL UNLESS IT'S EBS TYVM!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

And then you gotta do that every time they update. Way to go. At least I know they're not gonna make calls without my knowledge. I guess it's safe to update Demon Hunter, huh?

I actually asked Gamevil about Arel Wars 2. They said it IS an anti root measure, of sorts. They're uploading you save data to the server and checking it's not illegally modified. I think Zenonia 4 blocks root outright, but not sure how.

Anybody know if STS games work ok without Battery Saver on SGS3? And for how long?

As it is now, I'm probably going to stay on 4.0.4. I hate losing compatibility.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 10-01-2012 at 08:17 AM.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange