Thread: Information FOR SALE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Lightbulb Information FOR SALE

Background
    of idea:

Some time ago STS sent us a survey concerning things we would like to see in subscription (if it ever will be added)

Lots of things were naive imo (such as titles sold for plat) but one option was rather interesting

I'm talking about the ability to buy information on the outstanding prices payed in auction.. This idea made me think of its expansion.. And here we go..

The lore:

We are mercenaries of the United Colonies - soldiers and bounty-hunters. Usually we work in groups, but when it comes to loot and PvP glory - everyone is on their own in this ruthless space saga..

It is well known fact, that information is critical and possessing it can tip the scales in your favor. So United Colonies' Intel And Analysis Service provides us with the new feature which is going to raise abilities of personal survival and wellbeing via special info obtainable for the premium currency - Platinum..

Service costs are moderate - 2-3 plat per request - so everyone can afford it doing TapJoy offers

The idea: information for sale

Imagine one of the terminals at B* gives you ability to get classified information on the inside statistics of the game so you can use them in your favor

Types of info you can get might vary. I will give you the system overview and some usage examples. And i really hope you will add your own interests in the comments

The system:

terminal with menus similar to trade allowing you to choose and specify info on drops, guilds, maps, prices with filters making possible to choose item name and time period (day, week, month, all time)

NOTA BENE: all info on drops is absolutely anonymous - only numbers, no player names to prevent stalking and begging

Usage examples:

1) want to know the recent drop rates of Squid or Mark so you can plan your merching strategy? Go to terminal, choose drops->vanity->item name->time period and you will see how many Squid were dropped last week so you can figure out if the prices will go up or down

2) looking for that legendary back armor for 46? Never saw one and wonder if STS forgot to add it to the loot table? Go to terminal and choose drops->items->back armor->item name->time period and see if you have a chance to find it in auction and also guess the price range

3) interested in joining the most active guild? You can go to terminal and choose guild->members online->time period and see the results

4) wonder what map is most popular with the community? Go to terminal and choose map->population->time period to see where everyone is grinding or farming the most time

5) everlasting question about drops locations also can be solved! Choose map->drops->items (or vanity)->item name->time period and see if Squids drops in Motherload or in Squatter Camp more often

6) the epic prices and current prices also can be investigated. Choose the prices->items (or vanity)->item name->time period and you will see two numbers - the highest and the lowest deal price

Now, when you have read this long post please tell me what you think and what information you would like to get apart from described here!!

thanx for yo attention

ADDITIONAL OPTIONS:

Quote Originally Posted by Asifrausa View Post
    The duration of all guild member that have been idle and active. The names of the guild members that have been removed and left the guild so that it would be easy a guild master and the officers to do their job.

NOTED : Only the guild master and officers may see and buy this list.

Btw the officers and guild masters will only have to pay one time only then they will have all of the access to the list for ever and the list is like a computer that will update itself weekly and if possible daily.

If however a fellow officer or a guild master have step down or disband their guild then the list will be destroyed. But if an officers or a guild master returned and claimed his position and tittle then the list will regenerate to him or her without any payment what so ever since they will only have to pay once of their life time.

Such a list will only cost you around 2-5 plat or if it's too much then maybe 1 or 2k. (it's convenience for the poor officers and masters )
    Last edited by flashbackflip; 10-01-2012 at 11:31 PM.
    click my sig to join

Got a SCAMMER to REPORT? DO it HERE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

this is a very good idea, market stats being a paid feature that's 2-10 plat every month (or 2 plat per category), the auction terminal lists sales, and how long the items were on before being sold, and rise and fall in prices over the period of subscription (maybe a little graph with diff lines for highest prices and lowest prices)
    the rest of the ideas are solid too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    this is a very good idea, market stats being a paid feature that's 2-10 plat every month (or 2 plat per category), the auction terminal lists sales, and how long the items were on before being sold, and rise and fall in prices over the period of subscription (maybe a little graph with diff lines for highest prices and lowest prices)
    the rest of the ideas are solid too
    thanx! I like the graph idea too but i was trying to describe it with already existing interfaces so STS would not need too much time to implement it..

now all the work is possible with the usage of auction terminal interface - they just need to make a bit more categories (guilds, maps), rehearse the menu structure and link it to the statistics database (well that's already alot lol)
    click my sig to join

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    183 Posts

I just love the idea,I think that it would help players merch and farm + it will just look cool

Somewhere in the future. And you ain't gonna know where I am.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Talking

I personally like the idea. I think this idea's should be the best things that anyone have ever suggested. Thanks, you are the man.
    Oh and also I want to add something, like the duration of all guild member that have been idle and active. The names of the guild members that have been removed and left the guild so that it would be easy for
    us who are in a guild especially for the master and the officers to do their job. NOTED : Only the guild master and officers may see and buy this list.
    Btw the officers and guild masters will only have to pay one time only then they will have all of the access to the list for ever and the list is like a computer that will update itself weekly and if possible daily.
    If however a fellow officer or a guild master have step down or disband their guild then the list will be destroyed. But if an officers or a guild master returned and claimed his position and tittle then the list will
    returned to him or her without any payment what so ever since they will only have to pay once of their life time.
    Such a list will only cost you around 2-5 plat or if it's too much then maybe 1 or 2k credits. (it's convenience for the poor officers and masters )
    Thank you and I hope my idea will be put into consideration.
    Last edited by Asifrausa; 10-05-2012 at 08:20 AM.
    I'm The Officer of L.O.A and I'm proud
    League of Assassinz

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Asifrausa For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

The duration of all guild member that have been idle and active. The names of the guild members that have been removed and left the guild so that it would be easy a guild master and the officers to do their job.

NOTED : Only the guild master and officers may see and buy this list.

If however a fellow officer or a guild master have step down or disband their guild then the list will be destroyed. But if an officers or a guild master returned and claimed his position and tittle then the list will regenerate to him or her without any payment what so ever since they will only have to pay once of their life time.

Such a list will only cost you around 2-5 plat or if it's too much then maybe 1 or 2k. (it's convenience for the poor officers and masters )

Thanx! Great suggestion - added to post!

As a GM i totally support the idea as i really wonder who was online while i was off

this also can be implemented by adding 'sort by name', 'sort by rank' and 'sort by activity' options in the guild list
    Last edited by flashbackflip; 10-01-2012 at 11:47 PM.
    click my sig to join

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

I personally like the idea. I think this idea's should be the best things that anyone have ever suggested.

By the way - the BEST idea is still this one lol
    click my sig to join

Somewhere in the future. And you ain't gonna know where I am.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flashbackflip View Post
    By the way - the BEST idea is still this one lol
    Thanks, I was thinking of that idea when my guild had to make a guild list cleaning day since our guild was almost at its limits.
    I'm The Officer of L.O.A and I'm proud
    League of Assassinz