Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: @Cinco New Players Experience Is TERRIBLE now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Default The current state of Arcane Legends in 2023

I like to play the actual bosses they are funnier that those that get one shot. I almost feel the old vibe of the game and it’s pleasant.

I already told it in another thread but I think the reason why gear under mythic is trash alone is that procs became too overpowered with the damage boost (x2; x3) so ennemies hp have to scale aswel to be fun for op players but it disadvantage the poor and new ones a lot who can only get carried.

For the gold loot I will say that it is an annoying feature. It has a fake image of « equity » when it advantages the richest more and more it’s not relevant to say that it helps new players. At least rng drops are rng and the advantage of op players do no scale as much as with gold loot for it. But let’s say the truth inflation is du too too much gold flowing in not enough gold sink and not enough gear supply but it’s normal that the best gear the kraken is not yield by everyone cause it’s the real best. The problem is that it’s Power is too great and the game is adjusted to it so it feels necessary even if it should not be.

I almost forgot to talk about awaks. This feature gives a real pay to win aspect to the game because some are so scare and only obtainable from elite gems and even with them are too scare. An upgrade should not be that random if it affects the game experience that much cause op awaks may Triple or quadruple your damages that’s too big of a gap for something you pay from gold that you earn easier from real money than from really playing the game from scratch.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk de

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

If i should say what could be done would be :
    Nerf of every 100%+ dmg proc to under 25% nerf of every proc to 25%of their current damage.
    Then nerf all monsters in arlor HP to 25% or less of their current HP. Buff their damage by 10%.
    Then we’ll talk about teamwork and real « legendary gear ».
    Then with that the skill revamp is needed.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Hello @Cinco and i hope you're having a pleasant day, allow me to share a method to remedy gold inflation

How about instead of gold dropping from bosses it's replaced with a chest loot drop that contains gold ranging from 3k-40k gold an opening with a chance of looting old arcane items + vanity items?
    And to further make bosses more satiable gameplay-wise we entirely remove item ingredients for crafting anything and relocate them inside the chests that spawn in the maps dungeon zones and/or after the defeat of a boss?

To open the following chests you have to pay a fee of 1k-5k gold.

Now, about Gold loot.

We move all the gold drops, those glittering piles of coins into events that drop them after completion and therefore reserve the luxury of looting gold piles for annual events.
    You can make the event portals require a fee to enter such as 5k gold.

I look forward to your thoughts and opinions on the following question above Cinco. Thanks in advance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flamesofanger View Post
    Hello @Cinco and i hope you're having a pleasant day, allow me to share a method to remedy gold inflation

How about instead of gold dropping from bosses it's replaced with a chest loot drop that contains gold ranging from 3k-40k gold an opening with a chance of looting old arcane items + vanity items?
    And to further make bosses more satiable gameplay-wise we entirely remove item ingredients for crafting anything and relocate them inside the chests that spawn in the maps dungeon zones and/or after the defeat of a boss?

To open the following chests you have to pay a fee of 1k-5k gold.

Now, about Gold loot.

We move all the gold drops, those glittering piles of coins into events that drop them after completion and therefore reserve the luxury of looting gold piles for annual events.
    You can make the event portals require a fee to enter such as 5k gold.

I look forward to your thoughts and opinions on the following question above Cinco. Thanks in advance.
    To further supplement my remedy i'd like to point out two things in particular.

In todays Arcane Legends players aren't using Luck amulets/buffs/pets as much as before due to changes to loot drops such as locked crates economical attractiveness, so instead luck is being vigorously utilized inside event zones such as the Egg-zaviers scrambled dimention.

So, this is where Gold loot comes into question.

We give it the same exact treatment and make it act precisely the same but for events such as the pirate booty event although with a fee attached this time.

@Cinco

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Topic- Inflation
    In the real world if we print more money the currency eventually decrease in value

The easier the gold can be achieved the higher the prices will be

I think the inflation started because of the gold cap increased to 999,999,999 and zodias maps release. Back then its just 99,999,999. So people should not be comparing the prices today (lvl 81) to prices back then when its level 76. People should accept it that prices changed and move on in life. They're still living in the lvl 76 era when its already 81

Devs released venal,avarice,etc so people can catch up to inflation. If you really want to stop inflation i think lowering gold drops in all maps should be the solution. It will force all players sell in lower prices because they know that its hard to gain gold and if they sell for a higher price players cant afford it wasting their gold in auction tax or wasting their time shouting out in trading places like paradise pier and expedition camp

Sent from my M2006C3MG using Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dumbwizard For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Well, i guess we can all agree now. the game is p2w. New players shouldn’t even start if they gonna be f2p. They will struggle to play this game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

I hope you are only punishing new players with the new XP changes.

I don't have the stats, but I doubt there aren't many new players coming into the game. The new players that do come in occasionally will essentially be playing a single player game.

@Cinco Glintstone and Underhul are way too difficult to solo unless you are over-levelled with level 60+ equipment.

Endgame is where all the players are at, and new players should be able to reach there ASAP. I personally wouldn't play an MMO where I have to play for months alone. It doesn't feel like playing an MMO at that point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

this is why i was searching here to buy mage lvl 81 account,saddddddno weapon no problem,i want the max level account

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

to solve the problem in multiple account, we need one map or dungeon 100-200 capacity player can join, that we can grind with unlimited mobs, mini boss and rare boss also we can pvp in that zone map while grinding. so we focus all in one account now to become strong or else they cant enter that map.

for promoting game from newbie make an achievement pts that we can help the quest from newbie, example 1000x helping newbie quest(level 71-81) gets1000aps pts too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

I havent commented on this topic because recent changes barely make a difference for lb players but new players. I personally believe that increasing difficulty to obtain slots/xp, basically everything, is a valid viewpoint.
    Problem is that the ones who already have everything could probably buy them again no matter the price/difficulty. On the other side the ones who do not have them now won't be able to max out.
    For example, a new player already has trouble competing in seasonal lbs. Now, they have no chance to even use most of their inventory while some high-end players can max out everything because of (almost) unlimited gold resources. No clue how to put this into words but it kinda feels wrong if I see new players without slots while I have everything on max (for almost free) while I'm the one who could max it out again and they cant.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

@Cinco So you want players to farm maps again for leveling up just like before.... But there is a big issue in that "Dead/Empty maps" (No one wants to run an empty map with trash gears, even with op gears running an empty map is soooo boring)

If you can add some good stuff to loot in lower level maps and allow all level players to join the map then it would resolve this issue.

Sent from my RMX3381 using Tapatalk

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gunstick For This Useful Post:

14.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #72
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flamesofanger View Post
    To further supplement my remedy i'd like to point out two things in particular.

In todays Arcane Legends players aren't using Luck amulets/buffs/pets as much as before due to changes to loot drops such as locked crates economical attractiveness, so instead luck is being vigorously utilized inside event zones such as the Egg-zaviers scrambled dimention.

So, this is where Gold loot comes into question.

We give it the same exact treatment and make it act precisely the same but for events such as the pirate booty event although with a fee attached this time.

@Cinco
    Removing gold from campaigns and putting it in events would be the biggest public relations catastrophe than we've ever had in terms of player sentiment. It's not a bad suggestion fundamentally but you don't have to deal with the fallout. If you take a moment to see how players are reacting to a minor speed-bump to gold acquisition via difficulty (or consider the pages upon pages of rage posting after each Zodias gold loot nerf) you'll see what I mean.

Spending gold to get gold is unlikely to work. I have some data on this. Spending gold to get an item that is worth something (possibly a lot of gold) does work - see the Vanquished Vanity crate.

Best wishes!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yea it's really hard for Zaar set we can't afford kraken gears too expensive hoping for fallout

Sent from my Infinix X6815C using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yea add Auto sell gears in Option

Epic

Common

Rare

Legendary

Sent from my Infinix X6815C using Tapatalk

Ok'Tal Prisonㅤ Youtube:ㅤㅤ Gaming Apostle JㅤGuild:ㅤ <Apostle>
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    What's an appropriate price for a Kraken weapon in your opinion?
    20m-50m clean/trash

but im a merch ; )

LINKS CAN HACK YOU, now visit the wiki ;D
    https://arcanelegends.fandom.com/wik...e_Legends_Wiki

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

It is unfortunate that Zodias Gauntlet is getting skipped by the general pop, i find that setup more balanced and not as repetitive as Portals(Although some different boss combos could be thrown in there).

Consider allowing Base Elite bosses to provide a tiny portion in opening the Gauntlet, or decrease the amount of bosses needed to open it ty

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

We play the game from Level 1 multiple times every month and especially when there are changes that affect new / low-level players. I enjoy the slower leveling but I've been playing AL longer than anyone in the world...

On a daily basis we developers play the game 6 to 10 hours (solo). I tend to play upwards of 8 to 12 and I've been doing this for over a decade.
    Well, I would enjoy it too if I got paid for levelling

20. The Following User Says Thank You to devilMors For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

We play the game from Level 1 multiple times every month and especially when there are changes that affect new / low-level players. I enjoy the slower leveling but I've been playing AL longer than anyone in the world... just not (ever) in the context of competing with other players.

On a daily basis we developers play the game 6 to 10 hours (solo). I tend to play upwards of 8 to 12 and I've been doing this for over a decade.

But in all honesty and transparency, while I know the game itself I'm not in competition to reach LB, to collect gold, to buy a specific vanity, to earn my way into a specific guild, or any of the class-rivalry stuff that dominates Arcane Legends (like any successful MMO).

Maybe you should try to play game, not to level up. You are missing the most important as it's mmo.

Make a normal account, not dev account.
    Collect gold to buy some decent gears such as speed set, venal set and well awakened gears.
    See how long it takes to farm gold to get kraken gears.
    Farm aps to get in a decent guild.
    Play events to see how much profit you can make from them.
    Do them with 25 inventory slots.
    And please do these with warrior and try to get some party.

Spending real money should help us to enjoy play more not mandatory to play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Hmmm. Re: Daily Quests - I disagree. Getting most of your XP from one-shot quests makes the power gap tons worse - you'll outlevel the content with no good gear and be rocking -35 gears (or more). Daily quest inflow of XP at appropriate levels gives you the best chance to loot appropriate stuff.

Please take no offense and thanks for your feedback!
    Consider making map loot role-specific, for pre-81 players at least. That or make advancement gear that actually helps as players progress further.
    IGN:Yxlo

23.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #80
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elec View Post
    Maybe you should try to play game, not to level up. You are missing the most important as it's mmo.

Make a normal account, not dev account.
    Collect gold to buy some decent gears such as speed set, venal set and well awakened gears.
    See how long it takes to farm gold to get kraken gears.
    Farm aps to get in a decent guild.
    Play events to see how much profit you can make from them.
    Do them with 25 inventory slots.
    And please do these with warrior and try to get some party.

Spending real money should help us to enjoy play more not mandatory to play.
    Yep. I do this and have done this for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com