Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Drop gear at boss level

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Default Drop gear at boss level

Arcane is getting a lot of hate! Arcane is still amazing and many of the RPGs out there doesn’t have what it has so those who are giving up. I’d say hang on, let’s makes suggestions as a community and this is the only good thought I came up with. Tell me what you guy’s think. I just think everyone would be satisfied if they make the bosses in each map drop the gear the player needs from arcane to mythic at that map level. Entering fester, the bosses would drop Spirit, Ebon 71- 76 to arcane. Think about this. less complaints would be made. Literally there would be nothing to complain about. This would balance out everything. This is the best solution and a really good suggestion. Please take this into consideration. I mean who wouldn’t wanna farm bosses in every map for the gear they need. No one would struggle. I get that everyone want to make profit from the weapons in action but take a sacrifice for a good game feature with looting them all from the appropriate bosses. I mean it would help us all guys. Think hard about this, the weapons would still be a good price. I don’t wanna see these players quitting this amazing successful rpg just because the weapons are too expensive. Make them work for them with the bosses we have. It would bring relevance back to all of the bosses. I know events are set as primary for that but there are so many other cool think you could get from the events like speed set’s vanity and other things, important stuff. Once again, it won’t hurt for the weapons to reduce all the weapons to reduce at prices a little. After all, who is wanting to buy a 300m weapon. New players can’t afford 30m sadly, I’ve came this conclusion. It would be awesome to loot weapons you need for each map from every boss. PLEASE READ THIS, THANKS!!!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 2021thalissa; 07-14-2023 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Arcane Legends Gear Drop Idea

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2021thalissa For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

People are less likely to open lockeds if they know that the arcanes will drop from bosses later on. Most people exclusively open lockeds for kraken items (or previous arcane gear in earlier expansions).

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to QuaseT For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

You can farm lv76 arcanes In vardan valley (token farm and opening lockeds )

Tapatalkkal küldve az én M2007J3SG eszközömről

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

It would be a long run but definitely a good idea.

If I have to run maps, make them interesting. Make the combat interesing. Make the loot interesting.

+1
    Thank you Spacetimestudios for being a part of my life.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by QuaseT View Post
    People are less likely to open lockeds if they know that the arcanes will drop from bosses later on. Most people exclusively open lockeds for kraken items (or previous arcane gear in earlier expansions).
    True. Definitely what would have to be taken in consideration. But discarding this idea is a bad move. It definitely could be balanced.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Default Amazing Arcane Idea!! Take a look community!

Some players don’t like farming bosses. Maybe the people who don’t feel like farming them could just get it out of the lock. if you think about it, there’s also many things other than weapons that you could get out of a locked chest, it wouldn’t hurt anything. This idea would give the lower levels less stress if they loot a glintstone weapon. They they could proceed through the maps with boss gear drops with a chance of dropping mythic to arcane. It would relieve some stress on the newer players an wouldn’t have to beg upper levels for help or quit because of a boss being too hard for them. Ofc they can make the drop chance light that way players won’t abuse it. It can always bring relevance to luck charms again, that would give them a meaning again rather than it just being used to loot 2k gold locks that give no profit. I’d say this would be a fun update to have boss weapons and boss gear drop for the different levels. It would bring many players back in fact, I’m sure the price in the game for them was overwhelming. With this idea, it’s would relieve stress and they could get through all the maps and participate in events, with that being said it would motivate them to replay the same map over and over just to get the weapon they are looking for from the boss. Also there would be no complaints on how slow the level process is because everyone would be so focused on getting the weapon they need from that boss to push through.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fytheo View Post
    It would be a long run but definitely a good idea.

If I have to run maps, make them interesting. Make the combat interesing. Make the loot interesting.

+1
    I agree, it’s gives meaning to the bosses and awareness to them. They’re important to the game just like we all are. People would also be able to follow the story line smoothly without any bumps of difficulty on their journey. It would give many players the opportunity of obtaining boss gear who can’t afford gear. It safe to say we could work for our gear by farming. Can’t go wrong, it really wouldn’t hurt anything, the prices on the gear wouldn’t really drop like that because people are still wanting to buy good awakes in gear. But overall I don’t think any gear shouldn’t be unlootable from bosses. I don’t wanna see that taken away from AL players because of financial reasons or other issues.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 2021thalissa For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    150 Posts

I remember when i was new, i literally leveled up solo as a mage and farmed my butt off to get stuff. Unlike most 'New Players' i went and bought gear and not vanities.

The bosses wouldnt become more relevant imo( Unless you count not at all to 1% of the population..sometimes), whatever gear u drop from them would become irrelevant very quickly due to huge power checks 76,81.

Alot of times the only thing worth it out of locks is the Kraken items, so you couldnt do it to kraken.

Struggling to achieve a goal will make you more resilient & tac.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Switchback View Post
    I remember when i was new, i literally leveled up solo as a mage and farmed my butt off to get stuff. Unlike most 'New Players' i went and bought gear and not vanities.

The bosses wouldnt become more relevant imo( Unless you count not at all to 1% of the population..sometimes), whatever gear u drop from them would become irrelevant very quickly due to huge power checks 76,81.

Alot of times the only thing worth it out of locks is the Kraken items, so you couldnt do it to kraken.

Struggling to achieve a goal will make you more resilient & tac.
    I understand you farmed a lot back then but things are changing now with price spikes, safe to say all Arcane weapons should be obtained through bosses and could possibly be collected to put in your own AL home. And understandable with the “gear becoming irrelevant quickly” but understand that new players could also sell that gear to afford housing things or start a guild or possibly get a pet. And a reminder, the drops wouldn’t be that high of a chance. It would be set to a low drop rate to which the player could redo the map over and over gaining xp focusing on getting the gear drop. And the “Locks” I understand many rely heavily on them, but there are auras and so much more in locks. Also Kraken. The kraken gear you would also be able to obtain, I know most don’t like talking about free to play players but it’ll give all players the chance of obtaining kraken arcane and mythic through the specific boss. We don’t wanna get to a point when we have to put 300m down for a 86 gear piece. Ultimately this idea would prevent blockages in obtaining the gears we all need by obtaining it through bosses.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Name:  IMG_2332.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  170.6 KB
    This is all the evidence. Players wouldn’t be having this problem. Understand that this could be resolved in a good way

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts

It's almost like no one has suggested that before, like 5 times or so. Probably won't happen.

Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by |Ares| View Post
    It's almost like no one has suggested that before, like 5 times or so. Probably won't happen.
    Understandable, I’ll just hope this grabs someone’s attention bringing awareness to patch the cracks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I disagree with this idea - I played a game similar to what you just suggested and that game isn’t doing so great they have to constantly recreate new server and merge them with new server and it’s a dead game full of bots - I played that game with no p2w wall I was at the time best player of my class in LB I was rank 1 and my guild was rank 1(I was the GM)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

That's a loser attitude. Do you ever get up when life hits u?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Posl View Post
    I disagree with this idea - I played a game similar to what you just suggested and that game isn’t doing so great they have to constantly recreate new server and merge them with new server and it’s a dead game full of bots - I played that game with no p2w wall I was at the time best player of my class in LB I was rank 1 and my guild was rank 1(I was the GM)
    It’s not about “ pay to win” it’s about making it possible for all players to obtain gear through hard farming instead or just resulting our focus on locks and auction. Ask yourself where would new players get such millions. It’s not about only pay to win, and regardless there will still be players who are paying to get certain things like vanity’s but with this idea, it waters down the pay to win which would result in a good outcome. This whole picture I’m painting is about independence in the game for players. Not them having to rely on upper levels to carry due to lack of gear investments or not being able to run the new map having to wait for a free 81 focused on that specific event for gear. even then without the events that require farming for gear, how else do you expect the players to experience the map? It’s about equality. Meaning all players will get the attention they deserve and being able to enjoy the storyline. But I understand your disagreement due to your old money in the game or whatever it is you do to earn.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Understand the importance of all in AL, take everyone into consideration for a good result in the end. With that being said, know that it would have a great outcome. In life there are always sacrifices, granted this isn’t real life but it’s reality. True the prices of gear would drop but once again know that people are into the awakes on the gear your looting/obtaining from the bosses. It wouldn’t damage anything in auction, the only outcome would come is a positive one along with fairness and consideration of all AL’s players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fytheo View Post
    That's a loser attitude. Do you ever get up when life hits u?
    "Thank you Spacetimestudios for being a part of my life."

There's the answer

Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

Jdjd

Your suggestion isn t good at all. All arcane gear would drop in price. But instead of these a very very very good idea is to make small events of 1-2 weeks that drop specific arcane gear( for level 71-76-81) so price would decrease when event is, and increase after event.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I get that you would like to worry about making profit with the idea of keeping the gear expensive but it would be better off this way. Also, players are wanting a smooth game experience without the bumps an hurdles along with the struggle of affording unaffordable gear. Besides, everyone would rather have gear than worry about price drops in one area. Even kraken players are complaining about not having kraken gear. Put this ida into effect and no more complaints would happen about not having gear. The only one’s that would be complaining are the ones who are too lazy to farm bosses for them. There’s tons of things to make profit from in the game also and like I said previously. There will be a low chance drop rate so prices wouldn’t really be a concern. Not that price drops should be our main focus anyways. Our main focus is everyone being able to kill/farm all bosses for gear to make it to the next map completing the storyline.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

"Thank you Spacetimestudios for being a part of my life."

There's the answer
    What are you implying?