Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Enhancing Gameplay Experience: Introducing AFK Mode to Arcane Legends"

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fytheo View Post
    What exactly is unnecessary and useless and why?
    What difference does it make for u to know if someone is ignoring u or just being afk? lets say u r buying an item from someone and the person is not responding, u just leave them a house mail and see later if they respond or not, now, what would u do different if his mode said "im afk"? u would just leave house mail again, and what if the person is just ignoring u? u would send angry messages? or just leave house mail again in case the person is busy with something else and cant talk to u rn?
    im not saying its a bad idea, but it wont make any difference from what we currently have and it would be alot of extra work for devs, just not worth it hence its useless and unnecessary

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LichKing1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Just log out of the game like a normal person

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LichKing1 View Post
    What difference does it make for u to know if someone is ignoring u or just being afk? lets say u r buying an item from someone and the person is not responding, u just leave them a house mail and see later if they respond or not, now, what would u do different if his mode said "im afk"? u would just leave house mail again, and what if the person is just ignoring u? u would send angry messages? or just leave house mail again in case the person is busy with something else and cant talk to u rn?
    im not saying its a bad idea, but it wont make any difference from what we currently have and it would be alot of extra work for devs, just not worth it hence its useless and unnecessary

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
    It’s actually not much work , will be more useful if it auto changes our name color to dull in 5mins if no any kind of movement is done. Better than putting title always before going afk .

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Inawaz For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

What exactly is unnecessary and useless and why? Iťs like coming into a room where topic is discussed, saying "it's unnecessary and useless" and then leaving. Did you just crave attention or wanted to boost your ego or something?

This nothing personal. I just see this a lot and I am curious what goes through people's heads. If I have nothing to say and what I could say is pointless, it's often better to be quiet.

This is not supposed to be an insult. This is simply a suggestion. Inawaz posted his idea. It has it's strengths and flaws. You just come here and let his enthusiasm down. Why? Just tell him what, according to you, is wrong and what is good about his post. That way your comment actually won't be "Unnecessary and useless".

If you have any consciousness, you will take this to your heart.

Have a nice day.
    Best reply to him bro . He is usually negative in every post.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Inawaz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    596 Posts

What exactly is unnecessary and useless and why? Iťs like coming into a room where topic is discussed, saying "it's unnecessary and useless" and then leaving. Did you just crave attention or wanted to boost your ego or something?

This nothing personal. I just see this a lot and I am curious what goes through people's heads. If I have nothing to say and what I could say is pointless, it's often better to be quiet.

This is not supposed to be an insult. This is simply a suggestion. Inawaz posted his idea. It has it's strengths and flaws. You just come here and let his enthusiasm down. Why? Just tell him what, according to you, is wrong and what is good about his post. That way your comment actually won't be "Unnecessary and useless".

If you have any consciousness, you will take this to your heart.

Have a nice day.
    I didn’t know you needed a crayon drawing to explain what unnecessary and useless means. I had a comment to make and did so. It’s not my job to boost someone’s bad idea just to make them feel good. If you are conscious enough to examine your own post.....
    You are insulting and making judgments. You assume my post is “just come here and let his enthusiasm down”. When one line says it.....
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Default "Enhancing Gameplay Experience: Introducing AFK Mode to Arcane Legends"

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmaiden View Post
    I didn’t know you needed a crayon drawing to explain what unnecessary and useless means. I had a comment to make and did so. It’s not my job to boost someone’s bad idea just to make them feel good. If you are conscious enough to examine your own post.....
    You are insulting and making judgments. You assume my post is “just come here and let his enthusiasm down”. When one line says it.....
    If u think it’s a bad idea u could say in a better way like ‘I don’t prefer this , maybe add an ON/OFF option if other players want this feature’. You literally just hopped here and passed judgement . Don’t be offended bro but it’s not a nice way to talk like that .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmaiden View Post
    This is just an excuse :-)
    Thank you Spacetimestudios for being a part of my life.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Inawaz View Post
    I have a suggestion that I believe would greatly benefit the gameplay experience in Arcane Legends. I propose the implementation of an "AFK Mode" feature, specifically designed to cater to players who need to temporarily step away from the game while remaining in towns or social areas.

AFK Mode would be automatically activated for players who have been inactive for a continuous period of 5 minutes. Inactivity would be determined by the absence of movement, chat interactions, and trading activities. Once AFK Mode is triggered, the player's character name would change to a distinguishable grey color, visually indicating their AFK status to others.

The introduction of AFK Mode with a 5-minute threshold offers several advantages. Firstly, it allows players to maintain a sense of presence within the game, even during their temporary absence. This creates a more immersive and bustling atmosphere within the towns, contributing to a vibrant and lively community.

Furthermore, AFK Mode promotes respectful interaction between players. By clearly highlighting the grey-colored name of AFK players, it serves as a visual cue to others that these players are currently unavailable for trade or conversation. This reduces unnecessary interruptions and enables more efficient communication among active players.

In addition, the implementation of AFK Mode acts as a preventive measure against potential abuse or exploitation of AFK behavior. By imposing a time limit on idle status, it discourages prolonged periods of inactivity, ensuring fairness and an enjoyable gaming environment for all players.

From a privacy perspective, AFK Mode provides an additional layer of protection. It caters to players who prefer not to engage in trade requests or conversations while they are away or preoccupied. This feature empowers players to maintain their personal space and disengage from in-game interactions as desired, without compromising their privacy.

To enhance customization, players could be given the option to set personalized AFK messages or status indicators. This feature allows them to communicate specific information or reasons for their temporary absence, further enriching the interactive experience and fostering player engagement.

Once a player becomes active again by moving, chatting, or engaging in trading activities, AFK Mode would automatically deactivate. This ensures a seamless transition back to normal gameplay, granting players full control over their characters and allowing them to resume their adventures without any limitations.

Incorporating AFK Mode into Arcane Legends demonstrates a commitment to accommodating various playstyles while fostering a respectful and engaging gaming environment. This feature promotes community interaction, safeguards player privacy, and contributes to an overall fair and enjoyable experience for all users.

Thank you for considering this suggestion. I believe that the implementation of AFK Mode with a 5-minute threshold would greatly enhance the Arcane Legends gameplay experience, offering convenience and respectful interaction to players.
    +1 good and simple idea!

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk