Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Why is rushing an issue?

Under the bed until I relocate to the desk
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lilgangster View Post
    In the original pvp video for PL, it was FFA i believe? Plz correct me if im wrong.
    It's sad, cause that video makes PvP look fun compared to what it seems to be today :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

Just play the way you want to play. If some pimple faced pre-teen, calling you a noob makes you upset, that's your problem.
    gf.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Walkhardd For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KnightSkye View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lilgangster View Post
    In the original pvp video for PL, it was FFA i believe? Plz correct me if im wrong.
    It's sad, cause that video makes PvP look fun compared to what it seems to be today :/
    This is so true. The video looks so much fun. And on the matter, ruhsing is not a problem its just that people dont seem to like it because they "It's Unfair" wich in my opinion it's not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Rushing is a fair 1v1 teaming is for noobs

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

FFA would be much smoother if games were programmed in the same manner as Halo/CoD/etc. If the match had to be full before the game began, then it would be understood that once you spawn, you kill. If someone leaves, you kill (or leave.) New players should not be allowed to enter until a new game starts, nor should the player who left be allowed to rejoin. This would help with two well known issues:

1. Players entering matches which are already in progress, rushing, killing, then leaving. The surprise/fully buffed factor is taken out.

2. This allows all players to enter the game on the same readiness level, and with an understanding that spawning means "go".

3. Rusher's (the ones who leave in mid attack, no skill, bad intention individuals) cannot just bounce from game to game to improve their kdr. Learn to play the correct way or don't play.

I don't PvP a lot in PL because of all the inconsistencies. I ONLY PvP in Halo because I know what is expected/will happen each time I enter a game. I understand spawning means "gogogogogo!" I understand if my team leaves and I am 8v1/4v1/whatever, then I need to either leave or step my game up. For instance, just last night I was in a map of 8v8. Within 2 min, I was all alone. I knew I had two options: kill or leave. I knew I couldn't win but I wanted to see how I would do. Came out of that game with 32 kills/28 deaths and had a ton of fun playing "ninja".

Just a few thoughts.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    FFA would be much smoother if games were programmed in the same manner as Halo/CoD/etc. If the match had to be full before the game began, then it would be understood that once you spawn, you kill. If someone leaves, you kill (or leave.) New players should not be allowed to enter until a new game starts, nor should the player who left be allowed to rejoin. This would help with two well known issues:

1. Players entering matches which are already in progress, rushing, killing, then leaving. The surprise/fully buffed factor is taken out.

2. This allows all players to enter the game on the same readiness level, and with an understanding that spawning means "go".

3. Rusher's (the ones who leave in mid attack, no skill, bad intention individuals) cannot just bounce from game to game to improve their kdr. Learn to play the correct way or don't play.

I don't PvP a lot in PL because of all the inconsistencies. I ONLY PvP in Halo because I know what is expected/will happen each time I enter a game. I understand spawning means "gogogogogo!" I understand if my team leaves and I am 8v1/4v1/whatever, then I need to either leave or step my game up. For instance, just last night I was in a map of 8v8. Within 2 min, I was all alone. I knew I had two options: kill or leave. I knew I couldn't win but I wanted to see how I would do. Came out of that game with 32 kills/28 deaths and had a ton of fun playing "ninja".

Just a few thoughts.
    many of these ideas are implemented in DL. +1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

Just a few thoughts.
    When H4 comes out, get it and add "Deslroy102" and "Destroy102" on XBL. Lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yich View Post
    When H4 comes out, get it and add "Deslroy102" and "Destroy102" on XBL. Lol.
    Why? So I can equip a rocket launcher and one-shot-kill-you and here how it took "no skill"? No thanks.
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Why? So I can equip a rocket launcher and one-shot-kill-you and here how it took "no skill"? No thanks.
    Lmao sorry to go off topic but crim i actually was doing that in bf3 yesterday afternoon in the canals. I got tired of newbs with shotguns so i used a rocket launcher! I got from 17-25 kills. Sometimes the launcher only kills halfway if you dont hit them directly so had to use acwr but i had fun trolling!

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

Pfffftttt, like I'll let you get to the rocket launcher first...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Just a few thoughts.
    yea I don't see that working out. Waiting to pvp is already a problem in dark legends. Not everyone's patient enough to wait for a full partty to pvp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ephesius View Post
    yea I don't see that working out. Waiting to pvp is already a problem in dark legends. Not everyone's patient enough to wait for a full partty to pvp
    First I've heard someone dislikes this part of DL pvp. Maybe you're one of the "rush and leave" peeps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by razerfingers:799603
    Lmao sorry to go off topic but crim i actually was doing that in bf3 yesterday afternoon in the canals. I got tired of newbs with shotguns so i used a rocket launcher! I got from 17-25 kills. Sometimes the launcher only kills halfway if you dont hit them directly so had to use acwr but i had fun trolling!

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.
    Lol! I never really liked the shotguns killing me though some can be hard to use. The best way to use the rocket launcher is to get way up on a building and shoot at people. It maximizes the damage and I got a lot of kills that way when I was a Noob in Battlefield 3

P.s. What's your IGN and platform?

P.s.s. You were wondering if premium was worth the price in my BF3 thread so you want me to bring it back up or pm you my thoughts?

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    Sub, I must say yours threads make me laugh.

My opinion on the matter?

<3Rushing<3
    Plain and simple is the way to go unless you want more just ask, just want to see what other people think. (:

Rushing makes you better too. o.O

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Just a few thoughts.
    I like the idea, well thought out, many have suggested stuff like this though. P: ^+1

None of your business, creeper... Geez...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Wait... Rushing's an issue? O.o
    Expert pvp builder and tester, horrible execution XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    I was trying to be optimistic. Thanks for eating my fries.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Zerious For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

history of rushing

Twinks lvl 19 started the "go" thing cause there low levels and I guess it'd make some sorta since to say go seeing as tho you can die from one - two skills

Noob twinks eventually leveled up to level cap spreading the "go" thing. Guilds implemented causeing the "go nazi's" to form teaming groups to kill all "rushers"

Old players/well knowledges players of the game don't want a ruin k/d from being teamed by these "go nazi's" so they follow along

So I say screw you nazi's ^.^ and I will kill everyone in pvp on the opposite side of my team regardless of my relation to you through friendship or anything else. If you choose to take it as an insult its not my fault your sensitive. It's a video game they created a 1v1 map for a reason. Go 1v1 there cause that's all saying go is. The map is literally generalized as THREE VS THREE OR FIVE VS FIVE there is no free for all game mode so stop asking if its FFA or not. It's made for 3v3 so play 3v3 or go sit in town or be killed by me and rage and punch your pillow. You pick. It's a video game. Play it.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rushorgtfo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Got 3v1 rushed today by some noobs, nuked em all at the same time. Rushing is just annoying and it goes against formalities that have been established since the beginning of the game.

PL-lvl 76 Duper mage (main)
    AL- Hephaestus warrior (main), Duper Sorcerer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Subscriber:799384
    Enlighten me.
    Imma rush yew

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick41324 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Superduper View Post
    Got 3v1 rushed today by some noobs, nuked em all at the same time. Rushing is just annoying and it goes against formalities that have been established since the beginning of the game.
    Your a moron. Plan and simple. I've spoken with many players who have played since the beginning of the game and rushing and "go" was not a formality that was established since the game started. Noobs like you created the rushing thing, quit pvp if you don't like it or I will rush the shiz out of you.

Tired of noobs like you acting like a religious extremist against rushing. Gtfo the game.
    Last edited by Rushorgtfo; 10-03-2012 at 12:22 AM.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rushorgtfo For This Useful Post: