Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Week 2 of Zodias Arcane Catacombs / FAQ / 86 Expansion News

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    The Skill Revamp is broken up into a few different components. There's fixing the Ultimate skills (that are too weak and those that nobody uses), adding some cool new Passive skills, adding a suite of new Class skills (that take new weaponry into account), and updating existing Class skills to provide more power and more variety for builds.

Right now we think that improvements to the Ultimate skills and new Passives ought to fit comfortably into the time we have for the 86 expansion.

New Class skills are less likely to drop with the expansion so these may be held 'til sometime after the 86 expansion has had a time to settle-in. Several of these new skills involve new types of weapons (one for each Class) and will involve quite a bit of new tech, tuning, and visual effects before they're ready for release.

Updating of skills that span the entire game will most assuredly not ship with the expansion but a while after. Adding more power, more variety, and specifically: providing some fun 'perks' for your existing Skill Upgrades is going to take a significant time to implement and much (much) more time to test and balance.

Since we're in the midst of developing the expansion content right now we'll be sure to set aside time to tease/ preview the Skill changes to set expectations and get feedback before we're too deep into the details.
    Will damage types be playing a role in the new additions to skills?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roguemaybe View Post
    I mean it's not that bad, for those with better mythics could attempt the catacombs for better gears. While spirit gear users could level up during this time.

This is one of the best times to play since the end game gears have reached a ceiling, making it easier for us to catchup, since 86 is coming.

Sent from my 2201117TG using Tapatalk
    Yeah, my target i can up my spirit aegis to lvl41 during this time. but it's hard to find serious party. 5 minutes and they leave with no comment. ahhh,... iam tired

3. The Following User Says Thank You to nemusoa For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Itzmemohsin View Post
    This time instead of dropping prices of gears , they gave us bound gears drop in catacombs , which seems fair enough if drop rate is good .
    Yea, this is a nice change of pace. Anyways even if the new lvl cap does drop, I suspect the items will be similar to how they do the zod/lvl81. Introducing legendary items first, mythical next then arcanes.

Overall quite well thought out from the side of STS.

Sent from my 2201116SG using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

If u dont wanna up the fathoms drops maybe up the drop rate from electrum chests like orc tag and so on mini event thats 2x electrum chest drop day event is that would be awesome!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

The Skill Revamp is broken up into a few different components. There's fixing the Ultimate skills (that are too weak and those that nobody uses), adding some cool new Passive skills, adding a suite of new Class skills (that take new weaponry into account), and updating existing Class skills to provide more power and more variety for builds.

Right now we think that improvements to the Ultimate skills and new Passives ought to fit comfortably into the time we have for the 86 expansion.

New Class skills are less likely to drop with the expansion so these may be held 'til sometime after the 86 expansion has had a time to settle-in. Several of these new skills involve new types of weapons (one for each Class) and will involve quite a bit of new tech, tuning, and visual effects before they're ready for release.

Updating of skills that span the entire game will most assuredly not ship with the expansion but a while after. Adding more power, more variety, and specifically: providing some fun 'perks' for your existing Skill Upgrades is going to take a significant time to implement and much (much) more time to test and balance.

Since we're in the midst of developing the expansion content right now we'll be sure to set aside time to tease/ preview the Skill changes to set expectations and get feedback before we're too deep into the details.
    Cinco thats awesome news

thanks!
    can we get a clue of the 86 expan theme?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trueido View Post
    Cinco thats awesome news

thanks!
    can we get a clue of the 86 expan theme?
    Oh yeah please the theme it would be cool if it was not sea anymore x)

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tekila View Post
    Oh yeah please the theme it would be cool if it was not sea anymore x)

my guess that it will be a skyline theme
    like maps on the clouds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trueido View Post
    my guess that it will be a skyline theme
    like maps on the clouds
    I would be cool that we get new mobs design or a return of orcs but with new gear im so excited.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Thanks for the update. Any hints on the special plans for vets this year? Been interested in that since it was mentioned xD
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Make bound arcane items exchangeable to bound elite awaken so ppl can disenchant the unwanted ones and upgrade the wanted ones, otherwise 90% of looted arcs will stay in stash forever.

I have kraken 2 kraken armors for War and 1 for Mage, telling me i should max 2 new chars so i can make use of them seems ridiculous to me.

Ign ~ Danrog

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Can we have 2x fathom on daily events?

Enviado de meu SM-M236B usando o Tapatalk
    Last edited by asommers; 07-21-2023 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Removed original quoted text

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luanwallace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    150 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dangibg View Post
    Make bound arcane items exchangeable to bound elite awaken so ppl can disenchant the unwanted ones and upgrade the wanted ones, otherwise 90% of looted arcs will stay in stash forever.

I have kraken 2 kraken armors for War and 1 for Mage, telling me i should max 2 new chars so i can make use of them seems ridiculous to me.

Ign ~ Danrog
    Be happy you even looted anything. Also you only need 1 warrior, you can use different awake armors...

Jdjd

Quote Originally Posted by dangibg View Post

Ign ~ Danrog
    To be onest the ones who vote in poll one week ago was the old players of the game. And now they don t like anymore. Sad they didn t use their brain when they vote the drop should be bound. Now all those who loot kraken gears bound, should watch to them in their inventory. i don t think sts will make those bound to exchange for anything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jdjd View Post
    To be onest the ones who vote in poll one week ago was the old players of the game. And now they don t like anymore. Sad they didn t use their brain when they vote the drop should be bound. Now all those who loot kraken gears bound, should watch to them in their inventory. i don t think sts will make those bound to exchange for anything.
    So you would rather be able to loot nothing than a bound kraken? I stick to my decision.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hello! Can we maybe use the rahabkor recipe to upgrade the MechAnubis artifact?

Sent from my 2201117SG using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

I think that the bound stuff is a good thing but having the opportunity to gamble it for a big amount would be cool to get a piece we want (bound) and to gold sink since we also are looking for gold sink.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Changing the potions has made me not even want to play. Reminds me of laying dead without the ankhs so you got your loot. So much fun, right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Twomucho View Post
    Changing the potions has made me not even want to play. Reminds me of laying dead without the ankhs so you got your loot. So much fun, right?
    Potions were killing the fun of the game. It was so easy that rogue and mage were just as tanky as warrior under horn’s heal.
    Broken features like this are not enjoyable at all, now it is still really powerfull but not overpowered.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Twomucho View Post
    No, potion nerf was a great move by STS.

It nerfed the survivability of the rogues and mages that can rival a warrior's survivability.
    This was very much needed to balance things out. Now, mages and rogues are forced to sacrifice damage skills for more survivability if they don't want to rely on warriors to heal or pet aa heal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

A healthy news. I once suggested a third weapon for each classes long ago. Glad you guys heard it. Warrior (Gauntlet), Mage (Orb or Tome), Rogue (Sniper).
    Next expansion i guess a cyberpunk themed? Like Quantum/Technology World.