Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do I need to use Battery Saver Slider on SGS3?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Default Do I need to use Battery Saver Slider on SGS3?

Well I finished downloading all my apps on my new NA 32gb SGS3 last night. And I'm wondering, how's the battery life when playing on zero Battery Saver? Half? Full?

And as long as we're here, how's it handle PL and DL at the same amounts of the slider?
    Last edited by bronislav84; 10-02-2012 at 10:27 AM.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

well battery saver irdk how it works..but i can tell u..if u increase it ..it will definately lag and dexrease your frame rate per sec or fps

Rik[Rittik]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Also tried decreasing it, just messed up the Fps.

Since I came back, I used it at half/full works fine, and get many hours out of it. (Though as you know I am rooted)

That said, soon the new Client will be released and it should run even better again.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Well you guys gotta realize that the fps drop is not lag. From my understanding, lower fps saves battery life. That's all they're doing, lowering the fps. You don't move any slower or cast skills any slower. It's just you see less frames and stuff jumps. Maybe I'm wrong?

Bod you know I'm not rooting. Any idea how it runs without root tweaks please?

So basically the question is should I lower my fps or not? If the phone doesn't give a crap and battery consumption is the same on all settings, then I don't need to. I wanna play games on the train for a half hour or 2 hours at a doctor's office and not end up with 30 percent, you know? Does this happen?
    Last edited by bronislav84; 10-02-2012 at 10:35 AM.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

No that's right, but to the extent its done on StS apps, I could only handle it for a few secs.

You need to see it for yourself honestly, doubt you would be happy playing like it either.

Just go into a busy B*, and stand there and watch all the players move in jumps not fluid at all. (As its intended)

I had mine set to 0 battery saving, on day of new cap release and it lasted me 10 hours before my phone died.

2+ hours isn't going to affect to the point of below 30%
    Last edited by BodMaster; 10-02-2012 at 11:09 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Lol I had to play with full Saver PLUGGED IN on my My Touch 4G, which is why I'm asking. All the time. I tried once with zero and it discharged faster than the charger could handle it. The battery got worse and worse over time to the point of needing to be plugged in to do basic things. Needless to say, the battery on it is shot and I have it plugged in at all times now. When I go outside I have an external battery on it.

So yea, I've been playing on full Saver since forever, and wanna ditch it, which is why I'm asking people for input.

So you got 10 hours on a full charge in a crowded town with zero Saver? Taking into account your root, that's roughly 8 for a regular user before the phone turns off?
    Last edited by bronislav84; 10-02-2012 at 12:27 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Not just crowded area, but constantly changing instances, and with so many on the lag was unrealistic on 3G, but got roughly 3.5k xp before it died, and the next day it was all nerf'd lmao (Madness on the first day, much easier/quicker now)

I'd say 7/8 would be about right without Root, Hunter may have more experience than this on me though, as I only started back on that day.

My HTC Desire used to do that, was crazy had to pretty much play on charge at all times and my phone would still die. (Non-Root at the time)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Thanks Bod. Feel free to add more info though.

Today I'm going to the store to move my contacts and activate the new micro SIM. They refused last time when I was asking and didn't have it yet, but I called CS and was told the store shouldn't refuse. Other than that I've been using the thing on WiFi from the My Touch 4G the whole weekend and have my apps pretty much set up. I will move my SD card and side load the outside sources apps, too. Then I will put the old SD I replaced back into the old phone. Once they put the protectors on and I can take off the plastic it comes in, I'll be more or less done migrating. I will just need to finish Arel Wars 1 on the old phone before I migrate. At least Zenonia 2 let me migrate data between devices.

Oh yeah, there's still a couple Com2us games I need to migrate data for. Forgot those.

Wish me luck?
    Last edited by bronislav84; 10-02-2012 at 12:45 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    Thanks Bod. Feel free to add more info though.

Today I'm going to the store to move my contacts and activate the new micro SIM. They refused last time when I was asking and didn't have it yet, but I called CS and was told the store shouldn't refuse. Other than that I've been using the thing on WiFi from the My Touch 4G the whole weekend and have my apps pretty much set up. I will move my SD card and side load the outside sources apps, too. Then I will put the old SD I replaced back into the old phone. Once they put the protectors on and I can take off the plastic it comes in, I'll be more or less done migrating. I will just need to finish Arel Wars 1 on the old phone before I migrate. At least Zenonia 2 let me migrate data between devices.

Oh yeah, there's still a couple Com2us games I need to migrate data for. Forgot those.

Wish me luck?
    Psst. Root and titanium backup. No need to worry about game data then. Also, why have the store move your contacts? You didn't save them to your Google account? I hate letting them cotton headed ninny muggins that work at the store touch my device. They like to update stuff I don't want updated. Jerks.

-----
    *insert witty tapatalk sig here*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Lol DP not gonna work

Also forgot if I mentioned my WiFi was out of play on release so was using 3G/H+.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

New device. Was afraid to brick or mess up a setting I couldn't reverse. I'm still learning how to use it.

Guys are you sure it's ok to leave apps running in the background or should I manually fc? Task killer doesn't work anymore lol.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 10-02-2012 at 06:51 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

New device. Was afraid to brick or mess up a setting I couldn't reverse. I'm still learning how to use it.

Guys are you sure it's ok to leave apps running in the background or should I manually fc? Task killer doesn't work anymore lol.
    Task killers are a myth.
    Main: Ardon lvl 41 Operative

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ardon For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

Leave em run. The os will shut them down when needed.

-----
    *insert witty tapatalk sig here*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

If you say so Death. Thanks for all the info guys.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

For this phone, I just either close down an app when finished (correctly, not backing out), or hold "Home" and swipe them off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Full fc-ing right?

I've been going to app management and making sure to force close every app I use just to be sure. I really hate apps sitting in memory. Frequently used apps like Gmail (I check every hour or so lol) is forgivable, but stuff I use every 2 or 3 hours or once a day sitting there for Google knows how long is just silly, no?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

Full fc-ing right?

I've been going to app management and making sure to force close every app I use just to be sure. I really hate apps sitting in memory. Frequently used apps like Gmail (I check every hour or so lol) is forgivable, but stuff I use every 2 or 3 hours or once a day sitting there for Google knows how long is just silly, no?
    Lol, being that obsessive over background apps is silly, no? Seriously, the os will kill apps if it needs the memory. They don't drain battery sitting there, unless they update, but if you have them set to update, you don't want to force kill them in the first place.

-----
    Sent from my Nexus 7

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Hmm only one that updates often is Gmail, Friendcaster and that's it pretty much. Oh and Play checking for updates and Contacts synch. I also manual kill STS games for old times sake. Maybe I shouldn't be so obsessive? Not used to a phone with good battery life and memory.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Full fc-ing right?

No I don't bother with Full Force Closing each process, just swipe the recent apps open on my device.

Press and hold "Home", all recent opened apps open up, I just clear that when needed. Don't mess with FC, as most of the times its using more power than needed, especially if a process that is going to pop back open in a few mins anyway.

As DP said, best not to be too anal about that, the OS is pretty handy when it comes to that.

As for Updating apps, I leave all mine on manual, hate them updating themselves in the middle of me doing something. (Notifications, annoy me too, so better turned off for me personally)

Just checked today had 53 Updates ready xD
    Last edited by BodMaster; 10-02-2012 at 11:39 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Isn't that just clearing out shortcuts from recently used apps though? Like the recent apps (notification bar) in 2.3 and lower but they seem to let you clear those. They're still in memory.

I always have notifications off too, but it's not a good idea to be so behind on apps. Almost all of mine are games. I'd hate to wanna play something and find out it needs an update to play, like a new Legends client.

But yea the battery life really rules. So far anyway. I need to order a second battery though, I think, for when I do need a new one and they become hard to find.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 10-03-2012 at 12:19 AM.