Thread: Rare loot drop in events/catacombs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Jdjd

Thumbs down Rare loot drop in events/catacombs

It is true we get high chance to loot something rare when an event start? And after few hours the drop get nerf instantly? I played the game for a while, and i see in first day of event drop rate is high, and the next day people stop playing it, or they don t enjoy it anymore. In my case i played catacombs since start. I never looted something but i got 35k points. I don t think i wanna continue because everytime i run i only get legendary gear. So grinding every hour for 10 minutes to die in catacombs aren t profitable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

You already looted bracelet and heroic pet and still whining!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

why is this guy crying so much everyday about Catacombs?
    if you don't like it don't play it, they didn't nerf the drop rates, I looted only legendarys in the first 3 days and in the 4th day I looted 3 arcanes, and in the 5th day I looted 2 aracnes and H Sabra they didn't nerf it.
    But me unlike u didn't get bracelet, so I would rather have an arcane bracelet than all the arcanes I got and you still complain.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trueido View Post
    why is this guy crying so much everyday about Catacombs?
    if you don't like it don't play it, they didn't nerf the drop rates, I looted only legendarys in the first 3 days and in the 4th day I looted 3 arcanes, and in the 5th day I looted 2 aracnes and H Sabra they didn't nerf it.
    But me unlike u didn't get bracelet, so I would rather have an arcane bracelet than all the arcanes I got and you still complain.
    lowkey think this guy is just a troll account. That or a lazy bum

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Yea thats right... Suffer!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

The issue here is catacombs requires way too much effort and time , firstly you need to craft the key which requires 50 fathoms and materials which alone could take you quite some time to get even after, all that effort all u get in catacombs is very less gold and very low chances of good drops .

Spending a lot of effort and getting nothing is quite a painful experience , not even a bound item .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jdjd View Post
    It is true we get high chance to loot something rare when an event start? And after few hours the drop get nerf instantly? I played the game for a while, and i see in first day of event drop rate is high, and the next day people stop playing it, or they don t enjoy it anymore. In my case i played catacombs since start. I never looted something but i got 35k points. I don t think i wanna continue because everytime i run i only get legendary gear. So grinding every hour for 10 minutes to die in catacombs aren t profitable.
    The drop chance is all RNG-base. I really doubt that the developers micromanage the drop rate like what you described in your post.

My guess is that the drop chance to get an arcane item is really low (my guess it's below 5%).
    It is hard for me to believe that with 35k pts you have not looted anything. That is just statistically not possible.

The problem I see right now is how you see this event as. I don't think this catacomb event is made for profit, but it's instead to help F2P players loot arcane items without using plats to open chests.

The only downside is that running this event is really difficult with very low drop chance, but I guess that's how they balance things out, which is very understandable.

My suggestion is, if you feel burnt out, take a break and try again some other time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zfan View Post
    The drop chance is all RNG-base. I really doubt that the developers micromanage the drop rate like what you described in your post.
    To be frank with you, while I'm in agreement with your stance, I would not put this past these devs at all. They definitely do this sometimes when they feel like it.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arkauna99 View Post
    To be frank with you, while I'm in agreement with your stance, I would not put this past these devs at all. They definitely do this sometimes when they feel like it.
    u cant change drop rate without making a small update which means u would need to restart the game when update happens or u would see update when restarting a game randomly, they also say when they changed drop rates
    sure, they can also hide the change with some other update, but mostly players exaggerate with superstitions, ppl mostly play at start of smtng new so theres the most drops and later the drops slow down cuz everyone plays less, some days u will see more drops and some days less but they r continuous and u should be tankful there is anything to loot at all or u (dont mean solely u, anyone) can just go back to farming gold and shush

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Default Rare loot drop in events/catacombs

Quote Originally Posted by LichKing1 View Post
    u cant change drop rate without making a small update which means u would need to restart the game when update happens or u would see update when restarting a game randomly, they also say when they changed drop rates
    sure, they can also hide the change with some other update, but mostly players exaggerate with superstitions, ppl mostly play at start of smtng new so theres the most drops and later the drops slow down cuz everyone plays less, some days u will see more drops and some days less but they r continuous and u should be tankful there is anything to loot at all or u (dont mean solely u, anyone) can just go back to farming gold and shush

Well , I don’t think they need to do a server reset / visible update just to change drop rates [I myself am a developer so i can say that for sure] and in my years of experience i do feel there is some partiality / tweaking done by the devs on the drop rates , it isn’t just plain RNG [it’s a fact] , you may consider it superstitious, but sometimes it’s quite obvious if u have a lot of friends and been playing for years and tried to analyze .

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Itzmemohsin View Post
    Well , I don’t think they need to do a server reset / visible update just to change drop rates [I myself am a developer so i can say that for sure] and in my years of experience i do feel there is some partiality / tweaking done by the devs on the drop rates , it isn’t just plain RNG [it’s a fact] , you may consider it superstitious, but sometimes it’s quite obvious if u have a lot of friends and been playing for years and tried to analyze .
    playing since early 2013, people here have alot of superstitions like "pets with gl aa negate your gl"
    they did updates solely for drop rates many times, like energy drops for example, it needs to make mini patch (can even without maintenance) at the very least otherwise if u dont disconnect, you still play with unchanged version while everyone else plays with new version
    most recent example of such superstition was some ppl asking if gold got nerfed without mentioning, i play every rahab opening and like to check these kinds of statistics and if it dropped 4m in 50 runs before and same now, then i can say nothing changed with rahab itself, its probably the same with items but i cant prove it the same way as i would need a huge sample of runs for such low drop rates to make it comparable

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arkauna99 View Post
    Over the years of playing, you tend to see more drops at the start or end of an event. This could be some psychological warfare, but I love a good theory and have been speculating about a 'Droprate Quota' for years.

It's believed that certain item drop rates are influenced based on what's dropped during the start of events. They sample what's looted from day 1 and adjust the drop rates to fit a specific quota in mind for the remainder.

Just a theory... unless..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Bro looted more than 99% of people, and still complaining.

I havn't looted anything. Not even mythic.

Should I start complaining?

I know this will probably get lost in the comments but sometimes when I’m home alone I like to go out in my garden and cover myself with dirt and pretend I’m a carrot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

I believe droprates get adjusted without visable updates. I mean daily events also dont require an update or patch. Since its the same for all players all the time it is still fair. People who believe their account has a lower chance to loot something because of x are superstitious imo.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

I have another **superstition** , you look too much like an STS employee / someone related ,hiding behind this account and acting like a normal player .

I agree people sometimes have superstitions , but I have keenly noticed very well and I am pretty sure it isn’t just plain RNG , there is surely some tweaking in the background , you can’t convince me on that .
    yea, im an employee that takes lb so actual players couldnt, u got me :3
    im not saying im right in everything but i highly doubt drop has been changed as im still seeing multiple good drops daily and as i said its hard to say with low sample i have access to as a player, u cant judge by doing 100 runs each day, sometimes u will have 0 and sometimes u will see 10 arcanes
    Quote Originally Posted by QuaseT View Post
    I believe droprates get adjusted without visable updates. I mean daily events also dont require an update or patch. Since its the same for all players all the time it is still fair. People who believe their account has a lower chance to loot something because of x are superstitious imo.
    That would mean portal opening would require patch too, those r already uploaded and just rotate on timer, changing drop rates require changing numbers which require upload

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Default Rare loot drop in events/catacombs

yea, im an employee that takes lb so actual players couldnt, u got me :3
    im not saying im right in everything but i highly doubt drop has been changed as im still seeing multiple good drops daily and as i said its hard to say with low sample i have access to as a player, u cant judge by doing 100 runs each day, sometimes u will have 0 and sometimes u will see 10 arcanesThat would mean portal opening would require patch too, those r already uploaded and just rotate on timer, changing drop rates require changing numbers which require upload

You never know

I ain’t talking about this event specifically, but I said it isn’t plain RNG , there are other factors also that work behind that’s what I have noticed previously.

I am pretty sure they can change drop rates without a reset / visible update , it’s a very simple and small change , if that would require them a server reset / visible update , probably they r very incompetent which I don’t think they are as much .

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

You never know

I ain’t talking about this event specifically, but I said it isn’t plain RNG , there are other factors also that work behind that’s what I have noticed previously.

I am pretty sure they can change drop rates without a reset / visible update , it’s a very simple and small change , if that would require them a server reset / visible update , probably they r very incompetent , which I don’t think they are as much .
    bruh like u have never read "its fixed if u patch" for when they just change a small text, literally a single word sometimes, im not talking maintenance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

bruh like u have never read "its fixed if u patch" for when they just change a small text, literally a single word sometimes, im not talking maintenance

I know that happens , but that isn’t supposed to be required to change everything, somethings can be dynamically changed on their end for sure without a visible update .