Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Feedback: The Elder Woods

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Oh boy, we’re almost playing POE 10 years after

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

If we are required to use a new type of potion constantly can you make it easier to obtain? I can see you're adding a gold sink but make it as easy as health and mana potions. Materials and loading in a hot bar takes up time and space I don't want to use.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

+1 too big and too many pools

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to will0 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

Also don't like that pools seem to be placed this close together in maps. You have to walk through them to get where you are going.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Encryptions For This Useful Post:

7.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #45
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,483 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Adf View Post
    Where they drop? Or we can get from locked chests or events in the future
    They're available in the store locked crate (preview has information).

Quote Originally Posted by Skeleton Mike View Post
    Could you make the toxic pools in the 4 maps more visible?
    We'll discuss this internally, but the pools were fairly visible when we were testing the expansion.

That or you could also give us the option to turn off other players's auras, if there is a moment to do it, it is now.
    Sorry, there are no plans to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    Also don't like that pools seem to be placed this close together in maps. You have to walk through them to get where you are going.
    Pool placement should be somewhat random. We could consider reducing the pool count. However, you shouldn't get the same placement of pools every time you run the map. There also shouldn't be a case where the pools completely block the path. You'll just need to be careful to avoid them.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

Pools are almost impossible to pass without being affected by them sometimes, especially with high ms gear. In the ss they are close enough to where if I was to try and pass them I get hit.

Ok'Tal Prisonㅤ Youtube:ㅤㅤ Gaming Apostle JㅤGuild:ㅤ <Apostle>
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Thumbs up elder woods feedback & first impressions

waiting for the official thread... ;P

this video was made mostly for the devs but players, maybe enjoy the video too? & sorry about the bad audio quality from the headset mic

but fear not... I just ordered a proper microphone called hyper X Solocast

THANKS!

LINKS CAN HACK YOU, now visit the wiki ;D
    https://arcanelegends.fandom.com/wik...e_Legends_Wiki

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    We'll discuss this internally, but the pools were fairly visible when we were testing the expansion.
    Did you tested while wearing those new modern auras? also don't forget that there is also the effects of the kraken items which mostly use light blue effect, the result of 4 or 3 players activating all that is quite visually intense specially in the 3rd and 4th map.

Maybe just make the toxic effects from the pools temporary disable your auras lol :P
    *Sigh*
    -Skeletonmike

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Skeleton Mike For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

because there was once thread about disable aura. But it causes drama and some claim that being able to turn off other aura is like controling how other people looks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snaptubepro View Post
    because there was once thread about disable aura. But it causes drama and some claim that being able to turn off other aura is like controling how other people looks.
    my dude ,
    WE ALREADY CONTROL HOW PPL LOOK lmao
    i can disable your title and badge
    \m/,____( >. < ‘ )________,\m/
    Suentous

“The Cult” does not exist. Stop asking questions!

14.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #51
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,483 Posts

Did you tested while wearing those new modern auras?
    Of course! The team was so excited about the new Cosmic Corruption and Indigo Caverns auras that we wore them any chance we could during the internal playtests. Unfortunately, we did have a new team member attempt enter the playtest without a modern aura and they no longer work here.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    522 Posts

There are too many pools, you can't "walk" around some of them because they completely block the way.
    The auras make it worse.
    Could you please allow us to disable other players auras only in maps, they can stand in cities festooned with as many auras as they wish or cut down on the amount of pools please?
    That's my feedback.
    P.S. I managed to craft two anti-poison potions but to be honest, they didn't make much difference as I got poisoned straight after using them.
    P.P.S. I disable visual effects in options, it would be nice if people with auras could be allowed to do the same. Sort of a switch on/off button used as a courtesy to other players when playing in difficult maps. After all, would you dip your headlights to oncoming cars in real life or dazzle them?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Susanne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

First I’ll congrats you for the amazing graphic and mechanic design of the new map.
    I feel more in a mmo than during zodias and actually I have fun playing every map.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

- Poison Pools: with these narrow paths you could either reduce pool size (tho i dont recommend unless we have an option to disable auras), reduce the amount of pools make pools further apart from one another.
    - Anti-Poison Lixs: make these last at least 10 seconds. Just removing poison doesnt help much as u will start getting poisoned back again almost instantly, good gold sink but too harsh for such little effect.
    - Daily Quests: Add 2-8 tokens to these quests.
    - Token Vendor: Add jewel chest (can loot from excellent to corrupted), mushroom pet, recipe to craft new arc/heroic pet, furnishing chest (instant open) with expansion related furniture, legendary bracelet (upgradeable to mythic-arcane through questline), etc.
    - Map Loot: Add a 5 piece legendary set (set bonus doesnt give extra stats but passive effect like apply some kind of DoT or high elemental dmg on hit), pieces drop each in 1 different map Boss, Hedourah would drop weapons. Add lesser corrupted jewels as Boss drop (combine 5 to Craft corrupted jewel), Add 2 different pets 1st loot from map 1-2, 2nd loot from map 3-4. Add vanity items. Add map themed related furnishing.

Design wise the expansion is a 10 for me BUT it shouldnt have been released without actual content to farm for, we have 0 long term based farm and by the looks of it, im afraid the same that happened with zodias expansion will take place in Elder Woods, the only loot worth farming for will be in portal map and/or elite maps. While i agree that elite and portals should loot the BEST, the loot shouldnt be reduced to those maps only, but have variations on each piece of content.

Delaying the expansion a month or 2 wouldnt have been a big issue as long as we had gotten a fulfilling content were we can spend hours farming with a clear goal whether it be a juicy item in the token vendor (vendor with 3 items is sad to see), a brand new set of items with interesting mechanichs (elemental damage just seems an extra stat to deal dmg and done), a strong pet with a fun ability or passive (both new pets are restricted to locks), a good looking vanity (yes we got fastcap but remeber most players get this in a couple of hours), or brand new furniture to decorate our houses (which so far is restricted to platinum).

Please release things correctly, ppl dont appreciate rushed work.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to flashio For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    Of course! The team was so excited about the new Cosmic Corruption and Indigo Caverns auras that we wore them any chance we could during the internal playtests. Unfortunately, we did have a new team member attempt enter the playtest without a modern aura and they no longer work here.

-ALS
    Hehehe glad to hear that you enjoy your job, but anyways last suggestion from me on this topic: Reduce the numbers of toxic pools in normal mode, keep the current amount for the elite maps.

Once players leave the honey moon phase and the activity on these maps decreases to the usual rate the problem will be more tolerable, but that might still be a few more weeks.
    *Sigh*
    -Skeletonmike

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

add more means to loot/craft/obtain corrupt jewels. Increase gold drops in maps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Is there a drop list for new portal in new maps?

Sent from my Redmi Note 9S using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts

Antitoxin should last some times, to have to use them everytimes we get infected remove a lot of fun from running those new map, also its true that its very hard to avoid pools when a pt of 4 with 4 auras and multiple proc are running together, maybe find a way to make pool more visible? Ty

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Hedourah boss portal gives too high gold loot for a 1 minute run boss. I think it needs adjustments or else you want to broke the economy again.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to kusoningen For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

It would be pretty useful if we had something to display damage type recommendations for dungeons to help players gear up appropriately. I have no idea which weapons with a certain damage type are useful against which enemy.