Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gold regulation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Potofgreed View Post
    Gold is actually bad for the game. It strips so much content from inside the game. It also strips content from outside the game so "YouTube and twitch" this game is so bad to stream it's actually ridiculous. Think about it for a moment. Imagine uploading a 2 hour video of you farming gold. Wow So exciting....

No one here will watch someone farm gold for 4-12 hours.

But spectators in the path of exile community will watch people level to 100 over the course of 2 to 4 days.

Spectators will watch them spend hours putting points into their skill tree.

Spectators will watch them farm items that they use then to craft modifiers onto their gear.

Then when it's all said and done. When they're character is finally geared

the streamer will attempt to go kill all the hardest bosses in the game. " ATTEMPT"

This is all done in hardcore btw so if their character dies that's it. It's good game

Yes there's the normal version right that obviously has trade.

But when it's time to compete it's such a spectacle. The content is to valuable even when they have to repeat it again next season.

It's always a different out come trying to achieve crafting the best gear to attempt killing all the bosses in game. It's never the same. The gear is always different.

In comparison to arcane legends. It's not gear with the same predetermined stats and corny procs everyone gets. Sure the modifiers can make those items one of a kind. But to what extent?

gear that is crafted in path of exile is not predetermined. Only the items that are "unique" which is a item type. Those items are predetermined. You can't craft on those. You can but it comes at a risk of losing that said item.

Most Uniques in path of exile are terrible or need to be used with a specific build.

https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Unique_item

See arcane legends doesn't have any of that. The best content you could produce for this game is advice,housing and drama.

It's a shame the community can't see that let alone understand why is content creation so important and valuable.

I'll simplify it

path of exile the game enables the community to create content that allows for the community to grow.

Arcane legends the game disables the community from creating content that will allow the community to grow.

People might come out their face and get nasty and say " the game has seen growth since the expansion" yeah.... but for long til they realize? I'm not fooled how many of you are?

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk
    That’s the idea.
    Thank you for illustrating the brain dead one map spam I talked about.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by capeo View Post
    There have been threads like this before. Out of all the suggestions my favorite is the one Qua mentioned. Giving players a way to farm or loot gear or whatever it is they want. Make the older maps relevant by putting things you need in them. That way there is more then 1 way to get whatever it is you want.

Personally I think they did a good job so far with some of the new content. We can farm gold in more then one map, if that's your thing. We can get decent gear in cata even if you have to farm it with an already well geared toon. Kraken gear is good enough to run the new maps. Bosses are tough. If they did something to get more people in pvp I would actually be happy. Who knows, maybe they did by adding more 76 arcs to the game.
    I also would like to see pvp glowing again in this game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stephencobear View Post

It occurs to me that we players should prolly stop making threads about inflation so sts stops making game mechanics like needing to spend money to avoid all the new traps they introduced - js

Rich ppl gonna be rich
    Im also bored of the « inflation » threads.
    Here we are supposed to talk about ingame content rather than gold loot and how to make them enjoyable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

The main reason about this is that among all activities provided gold farming is a little to overpowered and if we nerf it people will just completely leave it.
    In my view, therefore STS should nerf it, and be happy that fewer people are gold-farming all day. There will be complaints, of course, from those people who are saving for better equipment (like me), but in the long run it's better for inflation control. The reason nerfing gold will be vastly unpopular immediately is that players have seen insanely high inflation until now, and are terrified that if they don't have matching insanely high gold drops, they'll never afford better equipment. I'm terrified myself! However, the economist in me is 100% certain that it's vital for STS to get inflation under control, and to do it sooner rather than later, even if many players suffer in the short term, including me.

One side of the equation is gold: everyone talks about that, nerf gold, cap gold, &c. The other side of the equation is products/services in the economy, but not many people seem to talk about it. Just as it is in the real world, controlling inflation requires the rate of increase in goods and services to be greater than the rate of increase in printing of money. Mathematically, that is the only thing that works, other than brute-force revaluation of the currency — but in the real world, currency revaluation has led often to civil war, revolution and/or anarchy; and likely will have STS lose a great number of platinum-paying players. I don't think that's a realistic option.

Therefore AL needs not only some kind of brake on gold-creation (e.g. nerfing drops, making it cost more plat) but also a much higher drop rate for items, either durable items or crafting ingredients for durable items — and a higher cost for crafting would help too, especially for energy kits for events. If higher crafting cost were paired with shorter crafting time, even better: gold is taken out of the system even more swiftly.

Why durable item drops? Drops aren't paid for in gold, so make no diffrence to the gold in the economy. Consumable items disappear once consumed, so it nets zero change in items too. Consumable drop = zero effect on inflation. A durable item drop adds to the amount of goods in the economy, matched against no net increase in gold.

Why crafting? Crafting fee is gold taken out of the economy. If crafting costs increased, more gold is taken out of the system. Since people craft so many energy kits during events, an increase in crafting cost could have a reasonable dampening effect on inflation. Also, if crafting costs significantly more, players might be more likely to make full use of the event map and loot all of its drops, rather than just grabbing the gold at the boss and remapping. Grabbing gold and letting items vanish = inflation.

Some events have rare items that can be crafted over a day or more … but the faster that they could be produced, and the more expensive to craft, the faster the crafting player would be spending gold, and the more of that product would be on the market, and therefore it would sell for less gold. Inflation-control win all around!

Auction fees are also taken out of the system, but we should NOT increase those, that could be very dangerious. I don't have room to explain that here.

So the ideal product to drop is a useful durable product that can be crafted into an even better durable product. If they were trying to control inflation, STS got it completely wrong-way-about when they nerfed jewel drops recently. Same high rate of gold production chasing much lowered rate of jewel production = higher prices for jewels = inflation. Oops.

My view in summary:
    1. Nerf gold drops, but it don't do it in too severe a way or else it becomes essentially the same as forcibly revaluing the currency, which is extremely destabilising to any society, even an online one.
    2. Buff drops of all durable items.
    3. Buff drops of crafting materials that can be crafted into durable items. Jewels are especially good.
    4. Increase crafting costs for durables, but still make it affordable.
    5. Increase crafting costs for consumables (e.g. energy kits) by much more. This is because while crafting durables affects both sides of the ledger (decreases gold/increases goods), crafting consumables affects only one (decreases gold/net zero goods change when consumed).
    6. Decrease time required for crafting, so gold is spent more quickly. This is especially important for energy kits and for multi-day crafting periods.
    9. Stop dropping bound items — I can explain this if anyone needs it.
    8. DO NOT INCREASE AUCTION FEES — I can explain this if anyone needs it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

[QUOTE=Tekila;4078505]
    Im also bored of the « inflation » threads. Here we are supposed to talk about ingame content rather than gold loot and how to make them enjoyable.
    So sorry Tekila, I still do not know how to use this system properly. I was trying to reply to Stephencobear about his opinion that people should not comment about inflation because it seems to confuse STS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Man sometimes people don't think well before saying something , it's common logic that if gold in the game increases prices will be affected , increasing gold does cause inflation but inflation isn't a bad thing as i have said multiple times , better not talk if you don't know how things work . Inflation is needed to keep players playing the game.

These are just numbers with no value , it's just the players that assign value to it based on various factors and increasing gold drops encourages more players to play which is a win win imo.

Just that one barrier needs to be broken, new / kinda new players should have some way to earn gold or some items that are atleast 25% of the endgame gold drop with 1k gl per minute , then the game will be quite balanced imo.

Remember one thing , this is a game and inflation in a game and in real world is completely different , in a game it isn't really that harmful if everyone gets the same opportunity , market balances itself out based on rarity need and various other factors .

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Itzmemohsin View Post
    Man sometimes people don't think well before saying something , it's common logic that if gold in the game increases prices will be affected , increasing gold does cause inflation but inflation isn't a bad thing as i have said multiple times , better not talk if you don't know how things work . Inflation is needed to keep players playing the game.

These are just numbers with no value , it's just the players that assign value to it based on various factors and increasing gold drops encourages more players to play which is a win win imo.

Just that one barrier needs to be broken, new / kinda new players should have some way to earn gold or some items that are atleast 25% of the endgame gold drop with 1k gl per minute , then the game will be quite balanced imo.

Remember one thing , this is a game and inflation in a game and in real world is completely different , in a game it isn't really that harmful if everyone gets the same opportunity , market balances itself out based on rarity need and various other factors .
    That s right. Most of players can t afford buying a kraken gear, for months we don t get events, noone buyed crates and kraken gears are become more expensive and something that is hard to find a game. I look for my class there are 1 staff, one armor 3 belts etc etc etc. The main focus right now for developers is to make everyone quit the game. All of kraken players are old and goes to party in catacombs and zodias maps, events are bad prices goes up instead of down. So i expect prices of KRAKEN to INCREASE instead of DECREASE by adding the new map.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Default Nerf it

Quote Originally Posted by Tekila View Post
    Hi all.
    It’s an open thread to talk about how is gold going right now with the gold loot meta that is taking ahead of everything.

Space time studio worked well trying to provide a lot of content lastly (cata + new maps) but I feel that something went wrong.
    Farming the same map again and again and again. It’s almost making players pretty braindead spammers.

The main reason about this is that among all activities provided gold farming is a little to overpowered and if we nerf it people will just completely leave it. So now the main part of the game is some boring repetitive gold farm to upgrade your gold loot, damage and speed set to farm more gold. Doesn’t it seem wrong to you?

So to make it more interesting to visit the other content than indigo cavern, elite sanctuary of secrets, elite rahabkor and hedourah without killing the hype of gold loot I would advice a daily gold cap method in each map, like 5m max gold per map per day would be decent according to me. So we would still get hyped by gold farm in gold he most broken maps but after reaching the cap we can focus on other aspects of the game. Farming something else like another map that is less efficient but still gives good gold.

It would possibly make the game more alive on all maps on one hand and it will permit to regulate the gold flowing in the game without nerfing the maps people runs.

How do you guys feel about it?

Just need to nerf it ALL. NEED gold drops. Limit how much I can be rewarded for playing a map. Go ahead and make my gear weaker too. Maybe nerf my pets too? If you guys can think of anything else to nerf that would be great. Played since the first year and have left many times. After another good nerf I’m sure I would just leave again. Maybe nerf everything except platinum purchases. That’s what we need. Less fun for more money

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justanutt View Post
    Just need to nerf it ALL. NEED gold drops. Limit how much I can be rewarded for playing a map. Go ahead and make my gear weaker too. Maybe nerf my pets too? If you guys can think of anything else to nerf that would be great. Played since the first year and have left many times. After another good nerf I’m sure I would just leave again. Maybe nerf everything except platinum purchases. That’s what we need. Less fun for more money
    The idea is to limit gold loot max reward per day on one hand and on the other hand focus on other type of content that would be more interesting.
    Don’t get me wrong I also played since first year and left many times because it was about running a map again and again to level up. Now it’s the same thing running again and again the same map, same difficulty to get some gold so you can buy things. You can even turn off your brain and do it with the best gear to be the « BEST » player who farms a lot of gold.
    Actually I would say yes to a kraken gear nerf im not fund of one shot Meta and if they increase the difficulty of maps it would be unplayable without kraken.
    For pets I’d say a big rework is needed so they get relevant again. They do 1-3k dmg max when the boss has 1m hp (garlic can do 20k)
    New content like évolutive maps you run for more reward with changed mechanics every time you complete a higher level for PVE would be the real fun not the braindead map kill remap gold farm spamming you are « enjoying ».