Thread: Low drop rates of vanities

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Default Low drop rates of vanities

Recent event's vanities have been unreasonably low drop rates, hiberian vanity, and current house party vanities.

I believe new vanities most of the times should not be this low of drop rates, It is unhealthy for game to have new "content" be not even accessible to 99% of playerbase.

Sent from my 2201116PI using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Well , i don't think it's unhealthy at all , there are a lot of vanities available in huge quantities and just dumping vanities in huge quantities into the game isn't a wise route to take at all. Looks do matter but rarity also matters quite a lot !

Just non stop dumping huge quantities of good vanities into the market will only cause harm to the economy and the game, just my opinion .

Recently good vanities have been given out too freely and abundantly in locks and events , this will just destroy the demand ,prices & the willingness for people to get excited for newer vanities !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Itzmemohsin View Post
    Well , i don't think it's unhealthy at all , there are a lot of vanities available in huge quantities and just dumping vanities in huge quantities into the game isn't a wise route to take at all. Looks do matter but rarity also matters quite a lot !

Just non stop dumping huge quantities of good vanities into the market will only cause harm to the economy and the game, just my opinion .

Recently good vanities have been given out too freely and abundantly in locks and events , this will just destroy the demand ,prices & the willingness for people to get excited for newer vanities !
    I'm not asking for drop rates to be common like most 1k gold to 70k gold vanities, but no vanity under any circumstance besides leaderboard vanity,should even be close to the rarity these recent vanities, its just scummy to release such hyper inflated and artificially rare vanities especially when behind a paywall.

Vanities don't have to be released with such a low drop rate that there aren't even more than 10 sets unboxed to be eligible as valuable and rare.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ssbake View Post
    I'm not asking for drop rates to be common like most 1k gold to 70k gold vanities, but no vanity under any circumstance besides leaderboard vanity,should even be close to the rarity these recent vanities, its just scummy to release such hyper inflated and artificially rare vanities especially when behind a paywall.

Vanities don't have to be released with such a low drop rate that there aren't even more than 10 sets unboxed to be eligible as valuable and rare.

Man i understand what you mean but there is nothing scummy in this , something's need to be rare and vanities shouldn't be given out so commonly as some people expect , vanities should be more like an achievement/ big task to complete , if u asked a new player a difference between a 10 billion vanity and a 400k vanity I can bet he would chose the 400k vanity , if something isn't decently rare or very good looking , it ends up as trash item .

I know there are people who like to collect vanities , but still , where is the value when u can get everything easily !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

I believe they should release insanely rare vanities as well as mid-tier and common vanities in events to cover the whole demand of the AL playerbase. There are quite a few players who are basically only interested in very rare cosmetics of the game and won't even bother running or opening for something that more than 25 players have. Not saying it should always be like that but if they never release anything very rare (besides lb sets) I wouldnt personally farm an event unless I run lb. A mixture is probably best for all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by QuaseT View Post
    I believe they should release insanely rare vanities as well as mid-tier and common vanities in events to cover the whole demand of the AL playerbase. There are quite a few players who are basically only interested in very rare cosmetics of the game and won't even bother running or opening for something that more than 25 players have. Not saying it should always be like that but if they never release anything very rare (besides lb sets) I wouldnt personally farm an event unless I run lb. A mixture is probably best for all.
    I agree but the rarity of these new vanities is just absurd, Rare vanities are welcome as long as they are reasonable. And personally i believe in vanities gaining rarity through time, artificial scarcity in my opinion will just hurt the market, it creates opportunity for "Manipulation" ( This term is thrown around nowadays way too easily but in this case its justified )