Thread: Weapon Question/Help (rogue)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default Weapon Question/Help (rogue)

Can someone take a look at these stats for me? I've been using a Marianos bow and love it. I got a shadow disc and (with a few added gems) thought the stats were generally better. But, when I equip it, it seems to take twice as many shots per enemy than the Marianos bow does. Thoughts?? Which is the better weapon?

Name:  Marianos.PNG
Views: 289
Size:  523.6 KB

Name:  shadow disc stats.PNG
Views: 289
Size:  589.2 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

bcz marianos have a proc, but just focus in how many dext u have, more dex% is good for u as rogue, focus on it

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Have you equipped the full zaarus set?
    There is a set bonus for the set: weapon, helm, armor, belt.
    You need to check that and you'll probably find that marianos is the better of those 2 choices.

Do everything you have said you will do.
    Do not encroach on the rights or property of others.
    Treat everyone as you wish to be treated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

No I don't have the full zaarus set. My gear is all hodge podge random pieces.
    It just seems so weird that the stats seem better with the discs but it takes 5-8 shots per enemy instead of the 2-3 my marianos bow takes. same maps, same pets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

I don't play rogue much but I think bows do more damage on normal weapon attacks, but less with skill damage. Check aimed shot damage in skills while wearing bow compared to dagger/chakram weapons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

The Marianos has higher dps and a proc. It attacks faster than the discs. The discs give you more damage but attack slower, therefore it takes longer to kill. Attack speed isn't really mentioned but in this case (comparing bow to new weapon like discs) the difference is quite substantial. It's just that the discs attack and damage in a different way and have some niche uses.

Continue to use the bow and save up for a full zaarus set, pisces also. Bow is a boss/single target weapon, where as pisces are for multiple enemies. Also I suggest you buy the new Initiate amulet for lvl 50 when u have a full zaarus set since u will forfeit the sea serpent set bonus, giving 50 dex, 30ms and some luck. MS is important for farming and overall speed in maps. Use it until u can afford a haste set, and maybe switch to a different stronger amu if u focus on bosses. Hope it helps!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dexxiedex View Post
    The Marianos has higher dps and a proc. It attacks faster than the discs. The discs give you more damage but attack slower, therefore it takes longer to kill. Attack speed isn't really mentioned but in this case (comparing bow to new weapon like discs) the difference is quite substantial. It's just that the discs attack and damage in a different way and have some niche uses.

Continue to use the bow and save up for a full zaarus set, pisces also. Bow is a boss/single target weapon, where as pisces are for multiple enemies. Also I suggest you buy the new Initiate amulet for lvl 50 when u have a full zaarus set since u will forfeit the sea serpent set bonus, giving 50 dex, 30ms and some luck. MS is important for farming and overall speed in maps. Use it until u can afford a haste set, and maybe switch to a different stronger amu if u focus on bosses. Hope it helps!
    This was INCREDIBLY helpful. Thank you!!