Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bring back old days of Arcane Legends

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ForumJunkie View Post
    Yes, the drop rates are bad. If you've been paying attention in the forum for the past few days, many players have complained that the new level 85 artifact was impossible to get (this was fixed now).

It is hilarious that you claim that it is not your purpose to change the drop rates of items/gears when that's the whole point of your post. And I've also seen you in different threads screaming the same thing.

That's how every MMORPG is out there in the market. Old gears become obsolete and new ones are introduced to fit the meta. Simple as that. Get it, or you fall behind.

I usually do not say this, but drops are RNG-based. Stop with your conspiracies. It all comes down if RNG hates you or not. This is why I don't like luck-based loot because it's horrible and frustrating, but you don't see me making rant threads about other players getting lucky with their loot. [This is just my opinion.]

The more you run a map, the more likely you'll get the item, but it's NOT always going to be like that when it comes to items/gears with low drop rates. You have to risk it for the biscuit.

Furthermore, from the looks of it, it seems like you are just butthurt that you can't run LB at all. That's the vibe I am getting here.
    Bad thing they increase the drop of artifact, now his value zero. Like they should make in first few hours his rate to be high, and after make hard to loot. So now we got so many artifacts that anyone had one.
    You understand the " maps change as their gear change" wrong. Here i want to say that those 1% of players who has gold etc they can afford the new gear added with map that gives high stats. So, why before catacombs the portal boss was buffed? Just because of bracelet. Who got the bracelet? Only those 1%. Rest of us we could farm catacombs and portal bosses? No, we could't. Those 1% got parties, and rest taked a long break of few months. Plus i don t say old gear to be back added to the current maps.
    So now the lb problem. Only those with high gear farmed maps, so only those could afford spending 300k on an energy in events. So please don t say anything wrong again, if you don t know what you talking about.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Adf View Post
    So please don t say anything wrong again, if you don t know what you talking about.
    Oh, the irony.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Bad thing they increase the drop of artifact, now his value zero.
    This coming from the same guy that complained about drop rate of the bracelets in labyrinth. Just can not please this guy. He probably looted arc artifact and is mad that price is low, news flash its not just the drop rates its that the new artifact is worse than other artifacts. The new artifact is priced properly according to the amount of stats it gives you. First he is upset about drop rates of arc bracelet, then he is upset because new artifact drops too much and is too cheap. bet he wouldn't post a thread complaining if he looted arcane bracelets. I predict when he finally does loot an arc bracelet he will complain the bracelets prices are too low and will want STS to decrease bracelet drop rates because its so easy to get.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

We don t need 1200% gold sets, 50% haste, pets that give us insane advantage, items with 15% primary stats, 10%+ awakens on items, boss portals with 300-400m hp, gold that has no value in the market, lb that don t worth climbing for, weapons that proc 4-5 times our damage.
    We just need a game that requires team work, and has value items. We could get mobs that can be killed by warriors, others by mage, rogues. Make some of them immune to characters weapons, like a war can kill mob a but mage and rogues can t do it, or they need a lot of time to do it. Polls that requires elixirs, and you can t pass them without using the elixir. A new type of currency, like gold version 2 that can be looted starting with the new map, and he don t drop using old gold set. Like if you wear a gold loot v2 set, you get 100 new gold v2. Events with gold reward, vanities that are specific for a certain event. Also vanities that requiers crafting materials looted from maps.
    Soon we gonna see players with 100k damage, and the main think will be around, how to get more stats on my character, like in, str, dex and damage. We can get weapons that we need run maps to craft them, or make some of them dependable by old maps.
    Of course better ones would be added to crates, but rest should be able to everyone to make them.
    +1 to this mf, i 100% agree with u

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

it wouldn't happen

Sent from my 2201117TY using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

The only thing I miss from the "old days" was the fast paced gameplay with constant weapon swapping without any cooldown getting in the way of my dopamine xD

But yeah I agree with most of what op said, the stat increase although being a natural thing from these type of on going games, feels very disruptive for enemy creation which in return gives us ridiculous tough battles that solely rely on procs and killing rewards being limited out of consideration of players having ridiculous amount of GL gear.

The direction that the game took regarding core gameplay after vardan valley is simply not going to end well and we already can see the signs of that, for example new players being unable to climb the wall that it is game progression past Festerfang.
    Without help they won't know of a sustainable method to earn money so they won't be able to get gear that will help them clear maps at reasonable speeds and out of boredom will quit thinking that all the game has to offer is that, I know I would.
    *Sigh*
    -Skeletonmike

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

@Dev we miss the old days high difficulty event that need strategy need each other heal,damage and mana heal need to stun the boss in every event make the event hard not like this active event very easy to run but in return make the drop of high value items % chance increase i think if this happen they tresure every run and and every drop they got thats a real adventure game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes View Post
    @Dev we miss the old days high difficulty event that need strategy need each other heal,damage and mana heal need to stun the boss

In my opinion, the difficulty of the game currently is acceptable. If we keep asking to increase the difficulty further, then the developers will add more of those annoying game mechanics like what we have in the new expansion.

However, I agree that there should be more maps/dungeons/portals that engages all three classes to their specific roles.

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes View Post
    every event make the event hard not like this active event very easy to run but in return make the drop of high value items % chance increase i think if this happen they tresure every run and and every drop they got thats a real adventure game

Again, in my opinion, the difficulty and the drop rate of the items (for this event) is appreciated for F2P players.

Free to play players who have nothing appreciate the developers setting the generous drop rate of these new items and the low difficulty to run the event portals.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts

Name:  309614AC-2FE3-4689-B8F3-F50AED455153.jpeg
Views: 217
Size:  50.9 KB
    - me trying to figure out what ppl mean by “old days”
    \m/,____( >. < ‘ )________,\m/
    Suentous

“The Cult” does not exist. Stop asking questions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

I'll write this respectfully as someone that played from back in the old days.

If you were really from back in the days, you would know that every single expansion came with adapting with the newer equipment. The moment awakes got introduced, everyone adapted slowly and just adjusted to it till the present, the moment the first Artifact slot became available with the arcane artifact being released, I've myself and others purchased those Victus and Magnus runes using Platinum, which you know are not cheap to craft using pure platinum, yet we adjusted and adapted. Every single expansion that I experienced, everyone adapted and never complained on forums but rather adjusted and adapted with the new content that released every expansion. I don't get why suddenly you aren't willing to adapt? Are you actually from back then or is this like the scenario when you thought having high stat gears brings actual loot?

Secondly,
    You talk about the whales and how "they" get rich and richer. Well duh.

It's just like real life. Your not going to get things your own way all the time. If I go offline for a week and become not active as much due to my attention needed else where in real life (respectfully a lot of people that I have in my friend list understand) then my day off comes and I become available to open my brand new cell phone and play AL and when I log on I spend on platinum because that options always available to me and of course I'm going to get richer in game while you were busy on forums during the week trying to change the game with your complaints that aren't needed. Does that make sense? This is where the F2P vs P2P difference kicks in. Us P2P Players need what we pay for and I know I get what I get what I paid for So I'm glad. If you hate whales (No idea why) then you should probably see how it's like in real life when it comes to someone that doesn't have money and when you come hang out with people that have money. You could clearly tell the difference by what conversations the financially stable group brings up and what conversations the person with no money brings up or even bring to the table. There's a huge difference and that's how it should be.

You shouldn't be coming on forums and making complaints trying to change the game or complain about things that aren't needed to be complained about while myself worked on the what skills are needed to do certain portals, what techniques and how to survive and bought platinum and worked my way up to LB while you have the available time to just come in here and complain while I'm at work with my business during the week or actually running test runs and testing what's techniques are needed for certain aspects of the game.

This is the reason why most of us OGs don't like to stick around on forums for too long and we keep it short as possible while we are on.

Any sort of nostalgic feelings you want from back in the days aren't really going to come back. Accept it and move forward. Respectfully

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hexame For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hexame View Post
    It's just like real life. Your not going to get things your own way all the time. If I go offline for a week and become not active as much due to my attention needed else where in real life (respectfully a lot of people that I have in my friend list understand) then my day off comes and I become available to open my brand new cell phone and play AL and when I log on I spend on platinum because that options always available to me and of course I'm going to get richer in game while you were busy on forums during the week trying to change the game with your complaints that aren't needed. Does that make sense? This is where the F2P vs P2P difference kicks in. Us P2P Players need what we pay for and I know I get what I get what I paid for So I'm glad. If you hate whales (No idea why) then you should probably see how it's like in real life when it comes to someone that doesn't have money and when you come hang out with people that have money. You could clearly tell the difference by what conversations the financially stable group brings up and what conversations the person with no money brings up or even bring to the table. There's a huge difference and that's how it should be.
    Explained very nicely, agree 100%.

Also, there always were and will be rich and non rich. I think 10/90 rule works here same as in life - 10% people have 90% of all money (gold, items). Even more, I bet if we take and divide all gold equally between all player (like robin hood did) - in one month it will return back to those 10%. Because they have skill, knowledge and experience. And they just do their thing, no matter is it grinding non-stop 24\7 lb, or buying plat. While the ones who don't have anything just complaining on rules\prices\life and blaming the rich ones in all their problems.
    This game can not be same like it was 10 years ago, lots of new players joined since then and they like the game how it is now (with 1000%Gl, 15% bracelets etc).
    So you either accept that or just don't play.
    Don't want to offend anyone, that's my personal opinion.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Tonebox For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

We don t need 1200% gold sets, 50% haste, pets that give us insane advantage, items with 15% primary stats, 10%+ awakens on items, boss portals with 300-400m hp, gold that has no value in the market, lb that don t worth climbing for, weapons that proc 4-5 times our damage.
    We just need a game that requires team work, and has value items. We could get mobs that can be killed by warriors, others by mage, rogues. Make some of them immune to characters weapons, like a war can kill mob a but mage and rogues can t do it, or they need a lot of time to do it. Polls that requires elixirs, and you can t pass them without using the elixir. A new type of currency, like gold version 2 that can be looted starting with the new map, and he don t drop using old gold set. Like if you wear a gold loot v2 set, you get 100 new gold v2. Events with gold reward, vanities that are specific for a certain event. Also vanities that requiers crafting materials looted from maps.
    Soon we gonna see players with 100k damage, and the main think will be around, how to get more stats on my character, like in, str, dex and damage. We can get weapons that we need run maps to craft them, or make some of them dependable by old maps.
    Of course better ones would be added to crates, but rest should be able to everyone to make them.
    Hahahaha a buyer plat spoken

Enviado desde mi VNE-LX3 mediante Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    524 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tonebox View Post
    Explained very nicely, agree 100%.

Also, there always were and will be rich and non rich. I think 10/90 rule works here same as in life - 10% people have 90% of all money (gold, items). Even more, I bet if we take and divide all gold equally between all player (like robin hood did) - in one month it will return back to those 10%. Because they have skill, knowledge and experience. And they just do their thing, no matter is it grinding non-stop 24\7 lb, or buying plat. While the ones who don't have anything just complaining on rules\prices\life and blaming the rich ones in all their problems.
    This game can not be same like it was 10 years ago, lots of new players joined since then and they like the game how it is now (with 1000%Gl, 15% bracelets etc).
    So you either accept that or just don't play.
    Don't want to offend anyone, that's my personal opinion.
    Some people can't afford to buy platinum and that was ok back in the days before someone up there decided that almost everything has to be bought with plat.
    It was nicely balanced, people like you and I bought stuff or opened crates with plat and sold them for a reasonable price to people who didn't pay to play. It was, let's say, symbiotic.
    Now people like me don't want to buy plat because the game is..to put it mildly..not worth buying plat for.
    Think about it. The event vendors don't sell much these days so unless you're lb player, there's nothing to keep running the same maps for.
    I can buy lots more things in real life now and the beauty of that is...I don't feel guilty like I did when I was spending money on a mobile game. The log in rewards are not very rewarding and last I saw, you'd have to use up too much precious time grinding for event tokens to buy one inventory slot. Now, you start from scratch, don't dip into your main's stash, don't buy plat and then tell us here just how much you made and how long you lasted.
    P.S. I hated looting all that rubbish legendary stuff from the event and the expansion. We all know the reason why it falls like rain in Manchester, it's to fill our inventory up so we may, just may mind you purchase slots. They just get deleted. Takes time, but time is precious.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Susanne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Tbh im ok with taking 2 hours to kill paracelsus rather than what it has become ;-; it was so fun

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

I've played almost the entire length of the game and the progression it offered over the years is why AL is AL. I appreciate the nostalgia but I also prefer the current state of the game in many areas compared to back then. I believe it would be boring without any procs, set bonuses and op items at this point. Plat aspect is kinda hard to judge imo because it reaches from absolutely necessary for new (and broke) players to absolutely useless for old and rich players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    524 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by QuaseT View Post
    I've played almost the entire length of the game and the progression it offered over the years is why AL is AL. I appreciate the nostalgia but I also prefer the current state of the game in many areas compared to back then. I believe it would be boring without any procs, set bonuses and op items at this point. Plat aspect is kinda hard to judge imo because it reaches from absolutely necessary for new (and broke) players to absolutely useless for old and rich players.
    I also agree with what you said. That was my point. Those of us who have played for 10 years or more have had the opportunity to experience all the different aspects of AL. We've collected stuff over the years, had the opportunity of being able to max our slots with vendors etc. It didn't all change slowly, it happened in a few weeks. We had chances to loot furnishings and purchase vanities from the event vendors. Suddenly, there is nothing to purchase. To loot stuff now they have to play until their eyes burn. I've seen them saying, had no sleep for 2 days. That's unhealthy. I know they have a choice whether to play or not. Look at how much plat is needed now to buy stuff, so obviously people who can afford it need to sell what they purchased at higher prices.
    This game is pay to play, too expensive and for lb players.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Susanne For This Useful Post: