Thread: OMG

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Hand:820906
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchturbo:820882
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles View Post

If they keep making maps like this we Engs won't be able to solo anymore. I get knocked back and stunned when I geg to the mobs. Suppression at maxed level doesn't stun the entire mob cuz by the time part of one mob is stunned, Im pushed onto another dam mob & the cycle repeats. This happens even while running with a group!!! Regardless if we attack or not, we are the healing class and are targeted first by the mobs. Especially pushers and snipers.

This is not PvE. This is SL Ping Pong of Doooooooom.
    *puts her pinky on her lip like Dr.Evil*
    Smh.

I don't want to be dependant on PUGs w/players that don't follow directions for the type of runs I make when remking; ie. We engs suppress & heal while we all rush to event boss. Kill the mobs & leave the boss for last. Gives higher drop rate of the vans (I got four in a row) & makes the runs go by fast.

I can't even boot players until I get by the boss cuz too many freaking pushers and stunz. I hate the mobs but loving the map. Its really annoying. Hence, why I hardly play.

*woossaaaaaa* (#-.-)
    *woooossssaaaaa* (-.-#)
    DAM THE WOOSSAA!!!
    (")^.^(") ROAAAAAR (")^.^(")
    THREN SMASH!!!!

#venting&smh

I can still solo sts Teresa, sure I may need to self revive once or twice but its the willingness to do so that counts. The pride of being one man against an army.
    Lmao... Get to the side of the map so they can't knock you back also make sure as an engi to have napalm since it is an aoe splash weapon. When i had scrapiron i was able to solo colony pretty well had all aoe skills maxed including the bomb. I dropped shield in favor of leach as it helped keep me alive. Also stay to left or right side of map and about middle so the purple scorn face you sideways this way when they knock you back you are against the map edge and they cannot knock you 20 miles down the road. It is though and even as an engi i was still eating stims like popcorn so load up 500+ .. have faith my engi friends it can be done you just have take a little slower and be very active on buttons
    Even if you are at the side of the map, they can still push you, you just get stuck for a really long time. Plus, I don't want to be confined to one side of the map.
    Kaytar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    351 Posts

I've been thinking about this hard for an hour now and I'd like to give a formal Apology to the op and everyone.

I'm sorry. I have no right for what I ranted about and I sincerely hope you can forgive me.
    Sometimes I guess we all loose something right, like our cool and dignity,
    Like I just did here.

After reading back all the posts I understand now that it was all down to trying to rush to the boss for vanity drops and with the mobs pushing making extremely frustrating for you. Especially after buying an expensive enhancer to increase the drop rate of legendarys and to gain xp and additional stat enhancing abilities.
    It can always be frustrating to anyone who spends real world money on this game that even a minute of wasted enhancement can seem a huge loss especially when they Reroll to a green or purple afterwards.

I see now we play two different games here, you play for vanites, legendarys and anything for self gain and fair play to you.
    We all play the game how we like :-)
    I on the other hand play for fun, a challenge and helping people when I ain't busy.
    It's a game and one I really enjoy playing. Infact it's the only game I actually play now so I hope you can understand why I feel so passionately towards any changes to the gameplay.

If the changes happen I will just have to accept it and adapt again, it's my desire to be able to play Star Legends as long as I can and again I do apologize :-)

Thank you for being such good friends *massive hug*
    "Still Retired but casually dueling in PvP from Time to Time"
    EXTREME BOSS SLAYERS Are Back!
    Wanting a signature? Send me a Pm (SL credits only)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

no worries bro, we all get burned out on the game. Suddenly everything isn't working as it should. You have a good enough reputation here so we understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aeroflame View Post
    no worries bro, we all get burned out on the game. Suddenly everything isn't working as it should. You have a good enough reputation here so we understand
    Who was that directed to?

Edit: my bad I read too fast xD

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Astrocat For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    317 Posts

Keep!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Okok we got it, keeping it sounds better for everyone.. Like Mitch said, when u spend real money for dem enhancers and get stuck or pushed for mins, it's kinda annoying. Anyways Kk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Astrocat View Post
    Hey y'all

Especially these ones who keeps pushing you every 3 seconds, they're like spamming, rushing you...
    "Rushing" doesnt exist...neither in pvp or pve lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cephei View Post
    "Rushing" doesnt exist...neither in pvp or pve lol
    It's an expression. To say that they push you or make you stuck every seconds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

when u spend hard earned rl money on something, sh** gets real. So when u have people coming whichaway asking to make changes to the game, when you're already getting your money's worth, you're gonna be pretty irritated. there are people who want a hardcore game that gives them a reason to spend cash, and as mitch said, anything easier would be pl or dl. so go for that.
    besides, SL doesnt have as much replay value cuz the game is pretty straightforward, except for pvp, so STS would make it pretty worthwhile. And if u think sl is too 'ard then dont play. just like I don't
    Last edited by Aeroflame; 10-20-2012 at 09:26 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

I agree, us Engi's are soon going to be useless. I get flung like a ragdoll all over the place and then others whine why am I not healing as often.. Well here's your answer.. It is tough to heal when stunned, and flung around constantly... At least take out the blowback thing but keep the difficulty the same.. I literally get flung like 20 yards away from combat when it happens to me.
    Last edited by Szangheili; 10-21-2012 at 01:28 AM.
    AB: Szangyoe
    AL: Szangtheman/Szangyoe/Szangheili

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

I lol'ed at "ring around the engi" Haha thnx for making my night ^_^
    AB: Szangyoe
    AL: Szangtheman/Szangyoe/Szangheili

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Szangheili For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aeroflame View Post
    when u spend hard earned rl money on something, sh** gets real. So when u have people coming whichaway asking to make changes to the game, when you're already getting your money's worth, you're gonna be pretty irritated. there are people who want a hardcore game that gives them a reason to spend cash, and as mitch said, anything easier would be pl or dl. so go for that.
    besides, SL doesnt have as much replay value cuz the game is pretty straightforward, except for pvp, so STS would make it pretty worthwhile. And if u think sl is too 'ard then dont play. just like I don't
    Chill yo

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Astrocat For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

This game is not meant to be solo-ed. Actually it is constructed to be social thus party-combat-involved

Leave those mobs, STS! They r fun
    click my sig to join

Got a SCAMMER to REPORT? DO it HERE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flashbackflip View Post
    This game is not meant to be solo-ed. Actually it is constructed to be social thus party-combat-involved

Leave those mobs, STS! They r fun
    Yeah that's what it was concluded

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Astrocat View Post
    Yeah that's what it was concluded

Actually i can share a secret about those 'pushers'

they r VERY useful on STS25 map - especially when u do runs for Wraith - if you place yourself in right position, those guys actually push u forward letting you reach the location faster

so yeah! They ARE fun
    click my sig to join

Got a SCAMMER to REPORT? DO it HERE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flashbackflip View Post
    Actually i can share a secret about those 'pushers'

they r VERY useful on STS25 map - especially when u do runs for Wraith - if you place yourself in right position, those guys actually push u forward letting you reach the location faster

so yeah! They ARE fun
    I managed to do this ONCE but I don't know how to do it again! But your right! XD

Lady_Pebbles

I don't care if its hard or is a challenge to play. The point is if we can't fulfill our duties as an Eng due to being pushed everywhere on the map, then there is no point in playing as an Eng. If we can't rev or heal myself or you due to being pushed, common sense tells you theres a problem with the OP pushers. The fact of the matter is there are too many pushers that -each- take a certain amount of time to take out (on solo or in runs with other players). Doesn't matter if Im running with friends or not. The pushers just need to be nerfed a little. For effen sake, its not like we're asking yall to change the entire system. We're asking for a simple adjustment so the Eng class can have a chance.

Smh. Stop assuming that we can't handle the game when it gets hard.... in fact we welcome it. The problem is OPed Pushers. Point blank.

I swear sometimes this is like talking to a brick wall that has been reinforced with sound proof elements. -.-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

I don't care if its hard or is a challenge to play. The point is if we can't fulfill our duties as an Eng due to being pushed everywhere on the map, then there is no point in playing as an Eng. If we can't rev or heal myself or you due to being pushed, common sense tells you theres a problem with the OP pushers. The fact of the matter is there are too many pushers that -each- take a certain amount of time to take out (on solo or in runs with other players). Doesn't matter if Im running with friends or not. The pushers just need to be nerfed a little. For effen sake, its not like we're asking yall to change the entire system. We're asking for a simple adjustment so the Eng class can have a chance.

Smh. Stop assuming that we can't handle the game when it gets hard.... in fact we welcome it. The problem is OPed Pushers. Point blank.

I swear sometimes this is like talking to a brick wall that has been reinforced with sound proof elements. -.-

Sorry, what?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Huh?

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Astrocat For This Useful Post:

Lady_Pebbles

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchturbo:820976

Iron, by now everyone should know how to run that map: the same way we run SY & Voleria when solo or in a PUG....

I think you two failed to get the point of my lost. XD

Oh I got the point, but I'm sick of sts nerfing and dumbing down Star Legends!!
    They made certain lower levels loose there difficulty and the need for teamwork when y'all complained and I am not going to stand and watch you all do the same again :-/ No offense, but I enjoy this game being a challange and throwing the player off guard.

Star Legends was always about teamwork and to be more hardcore than PL lol even DL for what I played up to you could defeat all the lvls solo until you got to the guardian golum thing, then I focused everything back on SL because my Real Life with my children and work take a lot of my time to play multiple games. So please don't nerf the gameplay of what sts designed Star Legends to be.
    A Hardcore Teamwork game.

Yes the knockback can be frustrating at times but that increases the challange and some of us Extreme Infinite U members have turned it into a fun game of how far back we can get knocked back! XD It's hilarious!

Engineers are more than capable at soloing most lvls with the right weapons, armour, skills and strategic thinking.
    If you all want a walk in the park stick to just solo hacking and slashing your way though DL lvls. No offense again but please don't ruin other peoples entertainment *sigh*

Peace and love and I do respect all of your feelings and opinions.
    Enjoy the game :-) *Gives a hug*

-.-

I do not want to be depending on other members to get through the game. Helping each other out is one thing but to be completely dependent on my team is another story. Especially, when people don't always stick together and run off to do their own thing in the runs to begin with.

I don't ever remember SL being a "hardcore teamwork game". Ever. Its an mmo that you can play either alone or in group, helping each other out. o.O

Mitch, stop making assumptions and ask questions instead. You don't know me. I don't know you. So assuming that I want a "walk in the park" is stupid. No, Im not trying to flame you but if you single me out, then come at me correct & ask what I mean, not assume I can't handle a challenge or some bs about wanting things to get hella easy. Pfft.

Btw, DL & your real life has nothing to do with this issue. Its a simple problem with simple solution that won't cause any major problems. Period.

Peace & hair grease. >__>