Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: umm.. ghost vanity is rare as undead masks?

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #21
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

The Ghost is currently only a part of the level 30+ loot table for the orange ghost. Its scarcity is mostly related to that, and not specifically the drop chance of the item

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Even so, none of the lower level ghosts (playing level 10 through 15) that I've seen dropped anything but standard white liquidation fodder. I know I don't play enough to tip the percentage. I got two pinks in that time, so event items are rarer than pinks, from my experience.

Lady_Pebbles

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace:825358
    The Ghost is currently only a part of the level 30+ loot table for the orange ghost. Its scarcity is mostly related to that, and not specifically the drop chance of the item

So the higher our level the less chance of a dro cuz I barely see any orange ghosts. Gets -worse- the more I play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles View Post

So the higher our level the less chance of a dro cuz I barely see any orange ghosts. Gets -worse- the more I play.

yea maybe this event should be flooded with orange ghosts O.O then maybe

...just maybe.....finally get a ghost pet I can name Pedro

Name:  pedro.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  24.5 KB
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Lady_Pebbles

Quote Originally Posted by octavos:825572
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles View Post

yea maybe this event should be flooded with orange ghosts O.O then maybe

...just maybe.....finally get a ghost pet I can name Pedro

Name:  pedro.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  24.5 KB

Considering that in about three or four hours running I've only gotten one Orange Ghost spawn and it didn't even drop a van or pink gem... then maybe more orange ghosts should spawn so we'd all get a better chance at getting the event items.

I mean wtf is the big deal? Its an event. Its not like they are going to keep dropping after the event is over so up the drop rate so everyone can have the items & add more rare items that will drop permanently (like Gamer items).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

So level 1 accounts = extreme income? or other way around o_o
    System & others love me ;] U jelly?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Arah View Post
    I hope they stay rare, gave up alot to get one. No offense guys. It would be helpful though if people report where they could be found. So farmijg could be more focused.
    Ok heres the tips: start farming at red light district at 8:3 ratio (second to the last stage) anyway I got purple wisp and one vanity blue killers all in one time only maybe sounds tricky or lucky but who knows everyone got luck each of players have that em I right... The most tip for this game I pretty sure that there is a timing for drop the items I can say that I'm a hardcore player but I can't play for 8hrs straight cause I'm working at the same time but still I can able to get the rare items comes from the orange ghost... So take chance for my tip and at he end you can get 1 of those items you want just keep patient there ok... My IGN is johannh but I'm prefer to change my IGN next soon... ^_^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Omg.. And all this time I have been farming with my level 3 alt. So I suppose a level 3 won't loot any valuable in this Halloween event. Wouldn't it be better if everyone with all kind of level can enjoy farming for Halloween rares, not just lv 30+. I feel cheated to keep farming orange ghost and none drop for me just because I use a level 3 toons.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Flamberge For This Useful Post:

Akihabara Denki Gai (Home of all the OTAKUS! XD)- Tokyo, Japan :)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

DL ALWAYS has the worst event loot drop rates ever. I wouldn't even bother farming for an event item that is Ultra rare.

Sent from my HTC One X using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2
    DO NOT INVITE ME TO YOUR GUILD IN SL UNLESS IT'S EBS TYVM!

11.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #30
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

The spawn chance of Orange ghosts is the same for any level character, on any applicable map ( aside from Kriegberg and Herg'Kyth since they don't have ghost spawns).

The current chance for a ghost to spawn is doubled, so for the sake of argument let's say that's currently 6%, 3% when not in the event. When that chance hits then there is a roughly 1 in 5 chance that a halloween event ghost will spawn. They're fairly common in terms of how often any ghost can spawn, but the event ones are still not a guaranteed thing.

There is nothing that slides the chance of a orange ghost based on amount of time farming on a map! Comes down to the same thing it always does, probability and luck!

The sentiment regarding rare items is totally understandable, everyone wants to find that really awesome item themselves. In the long term however, it's important to have items circulating in the economy that have a uniqueness, rarity, and exclusivity to them with a community set value attached to them to keep the economy healthy. I'm not doing it out of spite for players, I play games too and I always want that boss to drop my loot! I'm doing it for the longer term health of the game economy with items you are all deciding the value of. .

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    The sentiment regarding rare items is totally understandable, everyone wants to find that really awesome item themselves. In the long term however, it's important to have items circulating in the economy that have a uniqueness, rarity, and exclusivity to them with a community set value attached to them to keep the economy healthy. I'm not doing it out of spite for players, I play games too and I always want that boss to drop my loot! I'm doing it for the longer term health of the game economy with items you are all deciding the value of. .
    Yes, but in SL at the moment its quite enjoyable and it is profitable. the event isn't very long (this is why they increased the drop rate), I do see what you mean but the prices do reflect rarity in DL. But DL tents to stray more the the other games when it comes to drops...Undead masks were an issue before. But I still have trouble understanding the logic when Event items are sopposed to be equally as fun as SL drops. I collect 80% in SL then DL (5%) and thats if the orange ghost even drops a vanity or even the solstice vanities.

you would see a positive reaction if every orange ghost you encounter drops a vanity. people want to make money, yes, understandable on permanent drops like Gamers outfits. But to make a profit after the event is more understandable.
    Last edited by octavos; 10-24-2012 at 03:24 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

If u ask me the pumpkin ghost spawn rate should be decreased but in compensation they should have a 100% drop rate of event loot.
    I hate it becuz I need to pray twice. First off I got to pray "please some pumpkin ghosts" and after finally 1 of them spawned I got to pray again "please rare event loot". I would prefer it only being in need to hope and pray once instead twice

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Kuero For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree, we wait so long for an orange ghost we are relieved and then we get crap. This has happened for three days now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flamberge View Post
    Omg.. And all this time I have been farming with my level 3 alt. So I suppose a level 3 won't loot any valuable in this Halloween event. Wouldn't it be better if everyone with all kind of level can enjoy farming for Halloween rares, not just lv 30+. I feel cheated to keep farming orange ghost and none drop for me just because I use a level 3 toons.
    Totally agree. I do not see why halloween items should be more common for higher levels vs low levels. Halloween is for everybody.

If anything, the younger players should get more halloween enjoyment, which I would think would mean low levels should get more goodies

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just had 3 orange ghosts in one mission and did not get one vanity.drop. I really enjoy this game but that is just not giving me any incentive to waste my time and not get anything. Before Nov 8 you have got to loosen up the drop rate a little so we can feel like we accomplished something doe all the time spent.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

4 million today, 40 million after they are gone from the game.

An event is a limited time affair. Limited time items should either be non tradeable or frequent enough to be reasonably priced for a while after the event ends. The low drop rates should be on items that do not get removed from the loot tables.

I really don't understand what they are trying to do here except creating uber rare items that will cost a fortune to buy after the event ends. At this point anyone that buys one will be extremely upset if the drop rate changes and the market floods with them.

It's why i just found out about this event today. The economy is so jacked up in this game, among other things, i hardly want to play it anymore.

Happy halloweeen you blood suckers!

KillaSkillz- my guess 8312

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    Totally agree. I do not see why halloween items should be more common for higher levels vs low levels. Halloween is for everybody.

If anything, the younger players should get more halloween enjoyment, which I would think would mean low levels should get more goodies
    True. Everyone deserves a chance of getting a rares on a limited event. Even the low level or beginner player should get the excitement of looting a rares. It all comes back to luck right.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Flamberge For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    The spawn chance of Orange ghosts is the same for any level character, on any applicable map ( aside from Kriegberg and Herg'Kyth since they don't have ghost spawns).
    It is true that the spawn chance is the same of any level. I myself using a level 3 have meet totally 11 Orange ghosts. But nothing valuable nor vanity, does this got something to do with lower level got worse drop rate? And Cara, you did mention in the earlier post that Ghost pet only available in loot table for level 30+. Isn't that a bit unfair for the lower level or the newbie in this game?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post

Amen, There is a bigger issue here. Low levels should definitely be able to farm ghosts...only if an orange ghost ever drops anything of value that is.
    or DotD...ill buy i haz plat....plat!!!!
    Last edited by octavos; 10-25-2012 at 11:28 AM. Reason: i haz plat...moenyz, dinero,

24.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #40
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

There should be an update today or tomorrow that removes the trash (white) items and reduces the number of greens as well to make more emphasis on the event items dropping. This will still preserve the rarity of particular event items however, like the ghost and the white werewolf mask.