Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Stacking items on star beast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    334 Posts

Think of gear stacking as a ticket to the next wave, increase in stat increments makes you eligible for the next, then the next, then the next.

The fact that we could do this makes it more challenging because we are gradually facing more waves, more chances to mess up for every wave. And as previously stated, its what makes temple the way it is. An infinite dungeon to test your endurance.

I hope this does not get removed as it would shorten runs = easier to mimic previous attempts @cinco @asommers

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post
    So... you want it removed because of what exactly? All those aforementioned reasons are subjective, there isn't anything concrete or objective enough of a reason to completely remove gear purpose to the game.

Stacking gears increases the variation. You're able to adapt to the next wave since the stats you stack is on par with the stat increase of the enemies. Its all about your endurance, how long you last, that's the essence of these temple events, its the reason the map goes on to infinity.

Removing means to shorten runs is counterintuitive to the objective of the event. This isn't a siege 2.0. Think of it as running a 5k vs a full 42km marathon.
    Variation wow, what does that stat actually do when you don’t proc on a high wave, as I said it’s luck. There’s no sequence that guarantees you proc.
    Plus saying stacking should be kept because temple is supposed to be long run is a bit of a stretch when every time it’s about to come people push devs to shorten the run length for a simple reasons like the time it takes, repetition or internet issues people may have at any point. And guess what devs actually take on that topic and try to shorten it. So it means they are aware that it’s what should be done.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    334 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Voorge View Post
    Variation wow, what does that stat actually do when you don’t proc on a high wave, as I said it’s luck. There’s no sequence that guarantees you proc.
    Plus saying stacking should be kept because temple is supposed to be long run is a bit of a stretch when every time it’s about to come people push devs to shorten the run length for a simple reasons like the time it takes, repetition or internet issues people may have at any point. And guess what devs actually take on that topic and try to shorten it. So it means they are aware that it’s what should be done.
    Theres a difference between removing stacking gears vs. making earlier waves harder

You are limiting the hard waves we can attempt by not stacking. In the long run actually makes it easier overall which is just backwards thinking.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

what I see is you solely trying to defend the stacking items (literally lvl 71 items) even though you have the set that will probably outplay other mages without it.
    Stacking gives even bigger advantage between mid-good geared players on a better geared one favor. I can see where you’re coming from but I’m not sure if you do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    334 Posts

Ok, lets merge the other thread to here. I'll take the previous twilight results for elaboration, the median score for top 25 is 8m points mage class. So, we could say that the top25 people started to choke at around wave 124-130 - is where we can set this as the start of difficult waves. Cuz we know waves 40 -110 are so easy, then suddenly mobs exponentially hit harder/have much more health by wave 120ish.

The reason we stack is so we can attempt more waves once the harder waves come in. If we look at the top10 scores its in between 12m - 18m. Meaning, mages begin to lose at waves 152 - 174

Note that stacking accounts for an extra 400-500 primary stats, and thousands of health, which is amplified through proc and damage multipliers. Therefore, that means the mages can endure 32 to 54 hard waves. Imagine if we didn't have stacking. The loss of of thousands of hp and base damage, we could've probably be stuck at waves 140 from 120.

Its similar with the other classes with smaller percentages. But overall, removing stacking makes the standard deviation smaller, which actually just makes the event easier.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    334 Posts

what I see is you solely trying to defend the stacking items (literally lvl 71 items) even though you have the set that will probably outplay other mages without it.
    Stacking gives even bigger advantage between mid-good geared players on a better geared one favor. I can see where you’re coming from but I’m not sure if you do.
    What I'm saying is, with lesser waves to attempt = there is less deviation, which just means its more likely players with the same gear would score similarly - you can twist this whatever you like, the end result is there's lesser variation - such that you can predict when you will exactly lose the lesser waves we overall can attain.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I know the idea is to score the most and survive the longest, the question is why are we (or majority of us) bound to using 71 gear to achieve that?
    What’s so wrong in scoring less under new ‘set of rules’ than we did on a previous temples?
    I don’t get why point comparison matter to you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    334 Posts

I know the idea is to score the most and survive the longest, the question is why are we (or majority of us) bound to using 71 gear to achieve that?
    What’s so wrong in scoring less under new ‘set of rules’ than we did on a previous temples?
    I don’t get why point comparison matter to you.
    Standard deviation is less.

Ok, since ya'll want runs to be shorter and shorter, I'll just bring up the siege event. Look at the standard deviation for all the classes:

447 - 457k rog
    463 - 465k mage
    418k - 430k tank

Runs were so predictable because we are limited to such a very low wave range to complete. It is so dumb that the reason some players scored 1k more than the other is cuz they killed a mob 0.5s faster.

So, the correlation is the lower the waves, the higher the likelihood these waves all mimic one another and result in a very similar attempt run such that another player would score better cuz he has 30 ping more in the entirety of the run.

"why are we bound to using 71 gear to achieve that"

Are you complaining about the level of the gear? or is it that you want shorter runs because you can't endure longer waves? what if they make a new 86 stackable gear, would it be good now cuz its max lvl?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Default Stacking items on star beast

Bringing up siege isn’t relevant when devs stated runs won’t be as short
    especially when you literally refer to 6 t10 runs that you did. Not the others bruh. It’s not the level of stackable gear that I don’t like it’s the gear itself, thought it would be easy to catch after so many comments, just referred to it as 71 gears so it’s simpler to recognise which one am I talking about.

That being said, I’ll just end the conversation. I stated why I don’t like the idea of stacking you did opposite, sure. Devs will do whatever they decide and I’ll live with it either way, so will you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Default Stacking items on star beast

what a headache of a read

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk