Thread: Is name trading legal ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Default Is name trading legal ?

Can we trade names in game , I mean not with real money or something , just in game items with mutual consent to someone who is actually trustable , I know many people who have done it , just wanted to confirm .

Why is there a cooldown on names nowadays , that opens huge risks for transferring name from one account to another , anyone can grab it as soon as cooldown gets over , what was even the need for a cooldown ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Anything that doesn´t fit the trade window is against ToS, so no it´s not allowed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Default Is name trading legal ?

Quote Originally Posted by Behoove View Post
    Anything that doesn´t fit the trade window is against ToS, so no it´s not allowed
    Who said that , I know people always do multiple trades / transfers for selling items worth 1b+ , so even that’s against tos , I mean there should be some flexibility right , people should have right to do whatever they want with things they own other than selling for real money ofcourse .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

Devs said it. You can give names but you can't trade them sell them etc. Only give.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Encryptions For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    Devs said it. You can give names but you can't trade them sell them etc. Only give.
    Hmm ok , thanks for the info !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Itzmemohsin View Post
    Can we trade names in game , I mean not with real money or something , just in game items with mutual consent to someone who is actually trustable , I know many people who have done it , just wanted to confirm .

Why is there a cooldown on names nowadays , that opens huge risks for transferring name from one account to another , anyone can grab it as soon as cooldown gets over , what was even the need for a cooldown ?
    When the igns released back in expansion of Level 61 when Lv61 was end game and igns were suddenly released there was a mass amount of people selling igns and hoarded them, they would post it up on the Line Merch Chat we had back during those years (Not the current one but the Old One Owned by Mura or Mira)

No1 got banned at that time. None. I can say this because I was there. The moment people began taking advantage by saying;

"Selling Igns a, b, c, etc* and once a buyer that was interested in the ign would pay up first (In gold) then once he/her logged out of that char and went in lobby to create a new one with that desired ign (As per the seller was suppose to release it at the same time) The seller wouldn't. & The gold would be stolen and you would never hear from the seller afterwards at all and even you report it, they won't help you out with this because it's not something that's in the trade window even though it there was gold sent, you can't put a ign in the trade window is what it boils down too.

Due to this, buying igns aren't recommended and is infact against Tos and your account can be potentially closed. Giving away a ign to a friend is okay in other words from my experience of seeing what's been allowed and not allowed at all like Encryptions said. Just don't buy/sell them. Giving away it seems to be fine though

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hexame For This Useful Post: