Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Feeling elite?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Default Feeling elite?

I don't wanna interrupt the bragging and celebrations parties going on for capping atm Maybe it's just me but tho I capped my main in time for the egg I don't feel a sense of accomplishment at all. Especially not compared to the level caps before.

At 56 cap it took me weeks or even months. Except for like 5 times damage elix for gold I did the 83k pot free. That took a looong time but in that time I made a lot of friends (through suffering together ) and I farmed most of my gear. The reward was pretty but pretty much useless, still it felt good to wear it, at least in town.

After the first 10 instant deaths in haunted symphony I picked the thrasher route to 61. Suffering together with friends was replaces by guild runs where you would try to be another 10 seconds faster the next time. Completely different game but really fun. Cause drops were precious everybody did full runs with boss kills and I managed to farm my demonic set while leveling to 61. Combined: Great sense of accomplishment. For just the awesome vanity set bonus was worth it.

66 cap felt like nuri light for me, more boss skipping, everything a little more dull but still, yet you got a better bonus on your vanity set...

I started late into humania, did a lot of pug's and some times some fun stuff like shadow caves with xp everywhere. Took me a while but it's not like that there was any more bonus for getting there.

And now to manage to get the egg over the weekend I did what 99 percent of all "elite cut-throats" did: Xp everywhere, mega maze in my case. Not only was this my fastest cap, it was the cheapest (except for 56 ofc) too. So there is a title and an egg and a pretty vanity shield for spending 5 hours over a week end and 500 plat in a level 20 map. My biggest sacrifice for this map is that I am gotta clean the house next week instead of this week end. Oo

So Yay! We all are so crazy pro and we run around around with our new title but for me, this one doesn't mean ****. As it is my first xp everywhere cap maybe that's the reason. But I wonder if that is too how the game feels for everyone else now...

Sorry bout the tl;dr but I im in a rant mood...

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ruby!!! For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

I'd have to agree. I spent money so I could feel "special" turns out there's about 200 "special people". No point I an shield that will become forgot about down the road. I d have to say I'm not all that proud of being able to kill 25,000 wimpy litte knights. Was defiantly fastes cap ive done. I'm already bored because red dragon to hard to farm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

I saw someone mention, for the elite lvl they shouldnt be able to use enable exp anywhere elixir. That would be so tight

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Hmmm, Money > Customer satisfaction
    Eyes of the beholder. Not hinting anything about anyone or any company. That's a general statement across the board.

Sig made by Arexos! Buying Phantom Bow set pm meh!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

People keep bemoaning the 4 day cap thing and suggesting ways to "fix" the problem. But the problem is actually that there is no problem. There is only a difference of philosophy. And this is not something that can be fixed. It's like proposing that all of humanity get together to agree on the "right" religion to believe in.

Camp 1: gameplay purists
    This group believes the game should encourage and reward skill exclusively. Anything that makes a player better/faster/stronger other than pure repetition and practice destroys the game. You can recognize them because they say things like "that's not an achievement" and "it used to be better before x was added and ruined everything". They are also typically outraged about new powerful items added to the game that are obtained in any way other than how they got their uber-gear because they represent an unacceptable shortcut.

Camp 2: you get what you pay for
    This group sees nothing wrong with players paying real money to simplify the game. They feel that someone has to pay for the game to exist, and it might as well be those who can afford it so others can still play for free. You can recognize them because they say things like "they can play how they want, it doesn't hurt you" and "nobody's forcing you to play that way". They point out that most of the game is free, and for it to stay that way someone has to fund it. They grant that those with the means to buy content will have some kind of advantage in items/time to goal but are ok with that. They accept that not all content will be free and that some content/event you may want will cost you.

Each side has people who believe passionately that their view is the right one and misses no opportunity to bring it up. The rest fall somewhere on the continuum between the two camps and can't believe how much energy the hold-outs invest in arguing their point of view.

This is how it's always been and ever will be, lo until the end of time.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fusionstrike For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Actually, this time feels more like an accomplishment for me because I did it in 4 days, where as Humania took me a few weeks. I wasn't around for the previous caps before that, but I can imagine that it took forever without all the elixirs. But this was difficult because it was only 4 days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I haven't used this title yet. I'm still using the 'Guardian' title ^_^

But the egg combined with the str scythe set and the red dragon armor gives a nice boost and looks badass, so I'm pretty happy about it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby!!! View Post
    I don't wanna interrupt the bragging and celebrations parties going on for capping atm Maybe it's just me but tho I capped my main in time for the egg I don't feel a sense of accomplishment at all. Especially not compared to the level caps before.

At 56 cap it took me weeks or even months. Except for like 5 times damage elix for gold I did the 83k pot free. That took a looong time but in that time I made a lot of friends (through suffering together ) and I farmed most of my gear. The reward was pretty but pretty much useless, still it felt good to wear it, at least in town.

After the first 10 instant deaths in haunted symphony I picked the thrasher route to 61. Suffering together with friends was replaces by guild runs where you would try to be another 10 seconds faster the next time. Completely different game but really fun. Cause drops were precious everybody did full runs with boss kills and I managed to farm my demonic set while leveling to 61. Combined: Great sense of accomplishment. For just the awesome vanity set bonus was worth it.

66 cap felt like nuri light for me, more boss skipping, everything a little more dull but still, yet you got a better bonus on your vanity set...

I started late into humania, did a lot of pug's and some times some fun stuff like shadow caves with xp everywhere. Took me a while but it's not like that there was any more bonus for getting there.

And now to manage to get the egg over the weekend I did what 99 percent of all "elite cut-throats" did: Xp everywhere, mega maze in my case. Not only was this my fastest cap, it was the cheapest (except for 56 ofc) too. So there is a title and an egg and a pretty vanity shield for spending 5 hours over a week end and 500 plat in a level 20 map. My biggest sacrifice for this map is that I am gotta clean the house next week instead of this week end. Oo

So Yay! We all are so crazy pro and we run around around with our new title but for me, this one doesn't mean ****. As it is my first xp everywhere cap maybe that's the reason. But I wonder if that is too how the game feels for everyone else now...

Sorry bout the tl;dr but I im in a rant mood...
    I agree with the statement as well. Capping this time was a breeze with the XP Anywhere Elixir and it didn't feel like that much of a "grind". However since I love running the new maps and figuring out ways of tanking in each level I took this approach: I used Thrasher to level from 71-75 in the new BSM Levels. And since I had the 4 day limit I used Thrasher/XP Anywhere Elixir to finish off at 76. I got a couple of pinks during my runs in the BSM levels, but I still haven't acquired the STR Set that I want, so I still have to farm them. So there's still some sort of motivation and accomplishments to be attained, at least in my view.
    PL: Enisceloz: Level 76 (Warrior/Tank/Eni Express...Choo Choo!!!!)
    AL: Enisceloz: Level 26 (Warrior/Tank/Exterminator)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

Cry moar plzzzz!!

Jk. I agree. <3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

i think this was the last cap we could doing this... devs will invent something to prevent this... iam sure.
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fusionstrike View Post
    People keep bemoaning the 4 day cap thing and suggesting ways to "fix" the problem. But the problem is actually that there is no problem. There is only a difference of philosophy. And this is not something that can be fixed. It's like proposing that all of humanity get together to agree on the "right" religion to believe in.
    Interesting post, nothing to do with what I was saying as I didn't state there was a problem to fix. Just wanted to hear bout other players experience with the caps.

Imo your two camps are just the obnoxious most vocal groups in these forums. I still hope that the vast mojority of ppl playing PL just wants to have a fun experience nothing more nothing less.

Quote Originally Posted by Walkhardd View Post
    Cry moar plzzzz!!
    Booohooohooooooo I spent less time and less money than usual on the cap

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

*Intense respect*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Riccits View Post
    i think this was the last cap we could doing this... devs will invent something to prevent this... iam sure.
    Why on earth would devs want to prevent this? This is exactly what they are after! A weekend of crazy people buying platinum to race to 76 to grab an egg and a title. Their investors must be rubbing their hands in glee, patting eachother on the back and high fiveing eachother every 30 seconds! Kerrrching!

No longer of Eclipse

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Taaralatie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Hey Ruby,
    Your post reminded me of Sewer times... I also did cap without elix. So I started thinking.

83k = no elix
    100k = week long double xp + 4X thrasher + Blessing.

That basically means it was 8 times as hard and long to cap at the time if not more given that blessing may add 3X to that and the fact that it took longer to kill the minions than it does in Mega maze. Now I think about it, it was really hardcore grinding!!! That just put a smile on my face. :-)
    Pakax | Eclipse GM
    Pakax - 76 Elf | Pakaxx - 71 Eagle | Pakaxxx - 71 Grizzly | ZeroKarma - 71 Zero Death Eagle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

And Ruby? Yeah..I feel the same. I had time and plat to take all 3 of mine to cap this weekend but after the first it just felt like a hollow achievement. I felt deflated.

I love this game, I have been here a long time, I want to get all I can from it. After all, I have invested a lot of time and rl money into it. But, throwing my plat around and running round Mega Maze like a god is not a victory. It felt like a race that you joined and couldn't stop until it was over. I was about to do the same with the others when I had an epiphany. I realised that I could just stop playing. The world has not changed. PL is actually quite insignificant in the grand scheme of things. With a little distance, comes perspective. I took a break. Did some real life things like kick the leaves in the park and bake cupcakes with my niece. It feels good not to be running around a map insta killing mobs. I know I will be back...can't quite kick the habit...but when the egg race is over. Then I can take my time and leisurely cap mage (and possibly bear).

Like you, the sewer grind was an unforgettable experience. I made some awesome friends and enjoyed every hard earned xp point I got. I am still proud to say I got 3 COPs. I don't feel proud to have gained The Egg. I feel I bought it and there is nothing elite about that.

No longer of Eclipse

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Taaralatie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Same. I stopped at 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taaralatie View Post
    And Ruby? Yeah..I feel the same. I had time and plat to take all 3 of mine to cap this weekend but after the first it just felt like a hollow achievement. I felt deflated.

I love this game, I have been here a long time, I want to get all I can from it. After all, I have invested a lot of time and rl money into it. But, throwing my plat around and running round Mega Maze like a god is not a victory. It felt like a race that you joined and couldn't stop until it was over. I was about to do the same with the others when I had an epiphany. I realised that I could just stop playing. The world has not changed. PL is actually quite insignificant in the grand scheme of things. With a little distance, comes perspective. I took a break. Did some real life things like kick the leaves in the park and bake cupcakes with my niece. It feels good not to be running around a map insta killing mobs. I know I will be back...can't quite kick the habit...but when the egg race is over. Then I can take my time and leisurely cap mage (and possibly bear).

Like you, the sewer grind was an unforgettable experience. I made some awesome friends and enjoyed every hard earned xp point I got. I am still proud to say I got 3 COPs. I don't feel proud to have gained The Egg. I feel I bought it and there is nothing elite about that.
    Pakax | Eclipse GM
    Pakax - 76 Elf | Pakaxx - 71 Eagle | Pakaxxx - 71 Grizzly | ZeroKarma - 71 Zero Death Eagle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

actually i felt like no accomplishment after nuris...
    but i dont want them to make another OP nuri mob next cap and make it even worse for people who cant elixir

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Yeah! Lol! Why are we all hanging in there waiting for them to revert back to the 'good ol days'? I am sure we could all find some other way to entertain ourselves ... takes deep breaths...mops sweaty brow...hides shaking hands...calms wildly beating heart. There is life outside Pocket Legends, right? Been here so long I am scared to peek outside!

No longer of Eclipse

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taaralatie View Post
    Yeah! Lol! Why are we all hanging in there waiting for them to revert back to the 'good ol days'? I am sure we could all find some other way to entertain ourselves ... takes deep breaths...mops sweaty brow...hides shaking hands...calms wildly beating heart. There is life outside Pocket Legends, right? Been here so long I am scared to peek outside!
    Already been outside now - looks great! It's open world map and really realistic graphics But be careful, the elixirs out there don't make you faster they make you tipsy!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruby!!! For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby!!! View Post
    Already been outside now - looks great! It's open world map and really realistic graphics But be careful, the elixirs out there don't make you faster they make you tipsy!
    Haha! Yeah I was on an elixir for a while last night. Good though

No longer of Eclipse