Thread: suggestion: make levels purchaseable with plat.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Default suggestion: make levels purchaseable with plat.

I suggest making levels purchaseable by plat. Not many people enjoy grinding, most want to get to end game level (in the case 75) and farm gear or pvp. I think I remember reading in a thread where you can get from level 71-76 by doing magic castle runs in 5 hours for around 600 plat. We have around 40k xp coming from levels 70-75 and 100k for 76. Just to make the math easy, let's say 33% of the above plat expenditures went towards levels 70-75 and 66% went towards 76 (that would be 200 plat for levels 70-75 and 400 plat for 76). I say we make each level from 70-75 purchaseable for 40 plat and the "elite" level available for 400 plat.

The people who don't have plat can still do what they're doing and those who just want to level can save the time and STS still makes money. A side benefit is I'd be able to do runs with my friends right away instead of seeing everyone in magic castle.

I know I joke around a lot but this is a serious suggestion. Honestly, why even have the pretense anymore that a lot of people buy their levels anyway. I'm not raging, in fact later on in the week I'm giving in and doing magic castle runs myself once I get more plat. I'm not really looking forward to it because I can see where it's going to be tedious. It would just save me the time and tediousness of all the micro transactions and repetitiveness. I'd much rather be able to pay 200 plat, get to level 75 and get to farming my sets or get back to pvp.

Edit: another thing- So far I've grinded out level 70, 71 and into 72 without thrashers in blacksmoke. Even if I decide to keep grinding it out like this what will be ahead of me once I get to level 75? More grinding! Because all the pinks I'm getting are level 71 or 73 until I get to 75. The level 71 and 73 pinks are weaker than my humania crafted set so they're useless, I won't be using them anyway. Why do I have to grind twice?
    Last edited by wvhills; 10-22-2012 at 11:28 AM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wvhills For This Useful Post: