Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Feedback: Arcane Catacombs II (During Season 32)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Question Mechanubis cata crafting materials

Hi! I'd like to gather some insight in the catacomb mechanubis crafting material drops: wire, cog, armor shard and power cell. With almost 200.000 cata score (approx. 900-1000 cata runs) and openings an average of 2 chests per run I have:
    • 19 armor shards
    • 13 broken cogs
    • 22 frayed wire
    • 20 power cell

This is, looking at the cogs, halfway towards crafting the easiest to craft cata items like a helm or the mechanubis display. Checking the leaderboard, barely 30 players have more than 400.000 points and thus the expected crafting materials for a helm or a piece of armor.

I'm curious how many points (and so runs) and crafting materials other players have. It seems a bit steep to even reach the number of materials required to craft an item. Not to mention the materials get removed in 2 weeks after cata season ends, they dont carry over and I have to start over next season...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Thumbs down crafting mats are a joke

yes it's designed like that on purpose to give you fomo and force you to spend plat if u actually want to craft something

last season i had over 500k pts when the event ended and i barely managed to craft a helm in the end(was aiming for a halo and i ran like crazy every day)
    and also lost all of my remaining mats(same as you i had only enough cogs but every other mat was 10-15 above the number of cogs)

I posted about it on feeedback but ofcourse nothing changed(no surprise there)
    here's the old feedback link if u wanna take a look: 1st cata event

given that experience and since no changes have been implemented this season i decided to not run at all
    and i'm quite happy about it

i feel bad for you since all your efforts will be for nothing when the mats get deleted but hopefully you learned your lesson and you won't be wasting your time during the next iteration of this event

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iulicutu View Post
    yes it's designed like that on purpose to give you fomo and force you to spend plat if u actually want to craft something

last season i had over 500k pts when the event ended and i barely managed to craft a helm in the end(was aiming for a halo and i ran like crazy every day)
    and also lost all of my remaining mats(same as you i had only enough cogs but every other mat was 10-15 above the number of cogs)

I posted about it on feeedback but ofcourse nothing changed(no surprise there)
    here's the old feedback link if u wanna take a look: 1st cata event

given that experience and since no changes have been implemented this season i decided to not run at all
    and i'm quite happy about it

i feel bad for you since all your efforts will be for nothing when the mats get deleted but hopefully you learned your lesson and you won't be wasting your time during the next iteration of this event
    Will we lose our crafting items once cata disappears? the crafting components ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    Will we lose our crafting items once cata disappears? the crafting components ?
    yes all of them will be deleted

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

1,270,000 points last cata and about 400m+ spent on double boss lix to get enough for the aura+1 helm, if that helps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Kinda helps. It would be a good idea/deal if materials could just be permanent instead of being deleted after a season, or at least the crafted components that require 5 of the materials like Active Power Cell or Precision Gear.