Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Stacking Damage (Bug?)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Default Stacking Damage (Bug?)

Hello STS,

A couple of players are noticing that there may be a bug with stacking damage behavior in PvE - details below.

When wearing a "stacking damage" set (such as Bone Devil, Exterminator or Chemical Corps vanity sets, and the Ethereal and Sinful arcane rings), it would enable the player to "stack" damage elixirs of different types, where they would all go into effect (since it allows a multiplier from the vanity set and the daily blessing/elixir to combine).

Example:

Bone Devil vanity set (300% "stacking damage")
    Daily Blessing 5x
    4x Damage elixir
    3x Damage elixir
    2x Damage elixir
    1.5x Damage elixir

Total = 300% + 5x (minus base) + 4x (minus base) + 3x (minus base) + 2x (minus base) + 1.5 (minus base) for a total of 13.5x base damage.

Using the above example, what is happening now is that only the 5x daily (or whatever is highest) elixir goes into effect.

Do you know if this is a bug, or can you please detail what we should expect to happen?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    258 Posts

From my understanding Damage , Armor and Speed does not stack and goes by the highest multipler.

So in your above given example.

Daily Blessing 5x

The damage output you should be receiving is the Bone Devil (this stacks damage which adds) to your highest damage multiple which is 5x only.

So you should have 5 + 3 = 8x damage.

All the other damage elixirs you do use do not come into effect , it goes by the highest multipler.

Only 3 sets on game where the damage does stack (add to your highest damage multipler which the maximum is 5x only - through 5th day Blessing combination elixir or 5x damage elixir you use - platinum version or elixir flask)

Bone Devil - 3x stacking damage
    Exterminator/Chem Corps - 2x stacking damage.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I understand what you are saying Sunny, but it has not been like that in the past. 115 maps we used to be able to stack elixirs (I did so recently as 2 weeks ago during Christmas event, others as well) but not anymore. (Stacking elixirs were possible during the 115 cap sprint, etc.)

Also, being able to stack elixirs was possible in the recent gauntlet events (last Birthday, Fury, Winter Gauntlet, etc.). That helped some of those who made it in the Top 10-25, etc.

So it was a thing of the past, but something changed recently, and that is why I have asked STS to check if it's a bug or just to help clarify. (Maybe it was a bug to begin with? Something changed though, but I don't see any status update from STS.)
    Last edited by ignwizzywhite; 01-10-2024 at 08:48 PM. Reason: (Maybe it was a bug to begin with? Something changed though, but I don't see any status update from STS.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    258 Posts

I'm sorry i don't agree damage doesn't stack.

STS can confirm this fact too.

As players we might have discovered differently for xp elixirs in general those all stack indeed. But I don't believe Damage, Armor or Speed stacks at all and goes by the highest multiplier, you are more than welcome to use all you damage elixirs at the same and time , just know only the highest one will come into effect.

I did not reach the leaderboards or even attempt to for Gauntlet events knowing bear class is not as effective and that is the only class i can play now a days.
    However, if you found a bug that allows the damage stacking of the damage elixirs that is wonderful and beneficial to you and your groups of friends who did top 10 the gauntlet event. It is great you discovered that bug and secret, and reaped the rewards.

However in standard pve maps from my experience and testing Damage only goes by the highest multiplier which of course the only vanity sets that damage does stack are the three i mentioned in the post above. So I don't see it as a bug at all. And it was not how the game design was intended.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I'm simply saying that damage elixir stacking has worked for over a year (multiple people confirmed), and now it doesn't.

STS, can you please let us know and clear up our confusion?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fwend View Post
    From my understanding Damage , Armor and Speed does not stack and goes by the highest multipler.

So in your above given example.

Daily Blessing 5x

The damage output you should be receiving is the Bone Devil (this stacks damage which adds) to your highest damage multiple which is 5x only.

So you should have 5 + 3 = 8x damage.

All the other damage elixirs you do use do not come into effect , it goes by the highest multipler.

Only 3 sets on game where the damage does stack (add to your highest damage multipler which the maximum is 5x only - through 5th day Blessing combination elixir or 5x damage elixir you use - platinum version or elixir flask)

Bone Devil - 3x stacking damage
    Exterminator/Chem Corps - 2x stacking damage.
    It has never worked like this since bone devil was introduced.
    It would allow you to stack
    5x,4x,3x,2x,1.5x in all campaigns and events

7.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,891 Posts

Damage elixirs have never stacked with each other. You can have multiple different ones active, but only the highest applies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Futumsh View Post
    Damage elixirs have never stacked with each other. You can have multiple different ones active, but only the highest applies.
    respectfully I disagree, during the birthday gauntlet of 2023, it was a necessity to use every damage elixir possible for the highest damage. if you were not using every damage elixir you could easily see a decrease in your damage per wave, especially in later rounds when damage was critical due to lack of time. we thoroughly tested wether this theory was true or not during that event, stacking elixirs did work. There have been countless events since then that I have stacked damage elixirs, we are only now noticing a change.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DollarStore View Post
    respectfully I disagree, during the birthday gauntlet of 2023, it was a necessity to use every damage elixir possible for the highest damage. if you were not using every damage elixir you could easily see a decrease in your damage per wave, especially in later rounds when damage was critical due to lack of time. we thoroughly tested wether this theory was true or not during that event, stacking elixirs did work. There have been countless events since then that I have stacked damage elixirs, we are only now noticing a change.
    ^ this is correct

10.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,891 Posts

Well, I guess believe what you like, but the code says only the highest damage multiplier applies, and damage elixirs use multipliers.