Thanked in
    10 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raritys View Post
    You say a new player is “not gonna learn how to farm” but then say you were a new player once too and I’m sure you know how to farm, anyone with half a brain NEW TO MMOS or not will eventually learn, it’s not THAT hard, you make it seem like you have to spend thousands of dollars for 400m and to learn how to farm, I’m willing to continue proving my point to you if you start putting into perspective a new player with a brain instead of assuming the new player is 3 years old or something .
    Learning to farm or play ain’t that hard to do , but keeping new players engaged is another thing , honestly do u really think it would be be worth or fun playing the game as a beginner at it’s current state in 2024 ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Itzmemohsin View Post
    Learning to farm or play ain’t that hard to do , but keeping new players engaged is another thing , honestly do u really think it would be be worth or fun playing the game as a beginner at it’s current state in 2024 ?
    true bro that raritys just crazy with his pets i mean friends that willing to suck his p*ssy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

I mean if that’s the question then I could totally agree
    , it wouldn’t be fun whatsoever

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Thats what Im saying this guy think a new player is gonna download this game and put 12+hour a day playing this game this game is base on luck and how much hours you put in for a new player to get gold he/she would first need to understand the game get lucky on events looting something actually GOOD what new player is gonna enjoy dying more than actually playing the game for 12 hour plus just like catacombs for example I have friends telling me they take 10-20min to clear the map you think they enjoying that? when players are clearing the map under 2min so yeah 400m in 3 months for a new player is not possible unless they play the event for half a day daily AND get LUCKY which they will give up by that time and just quit the game unless like I said use ur mom credit card and buy them plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I m just gonna say something prob diff , I can’t read all ofc but when I was a new player all what we got to farm was crates , if u wanna get the arcane ring for pvp plus more good gears ofc u had only one way is to open crates = use plats not to mention u prob not get lucky at all ..

And that was the case for so many years now look at farming every where u can go low maps and farm jewels for ex. Or chase a rare boss and sell it , getting the enchanted eye barely needed any gears etc. etc. etc.

Events are constant and lots of them r easy even easy to hit lb all u need is time and dedication
    Don’t tell me new poor players can do nothing when they can do a lot with just mythic gears this game is all about challenge , dedication and hard work u know ..

I see new players blind pt officers no please help me even and has all his list of quests expecting u to do them all for him like bruh I never asked any one to help me leveling a toon u can sure manage by frequently buying pink gears till u hit a wall of hard quests like hydra orric or another hard boss for big quest then ask somebody to help u , well that’s what I do / did !

How hard to get ur gears ur vanity ur jewels and the hard work and consistency , u play for hours think of ways , marching is also a part of it u think too .

If the game is not like that trust me this would be why it will die .. not just giving new players every thing on a gold plat no hard working no thinking no trying , this would just strip this game from its real identity and fun !

If a new player doesn’t have the challenging spirit he will leave anyway imo

……..………. I am forever sorry for my typos ……..……….

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

2013 player here (check my forum account) to be honest the ones keeping this game alive are the old players that are on and off the game and are constantly grinding events for lb rewards, and yes i agree that this game isn't beginner friendly but if you have a lot of money that you can spend on this specific game then this it is easy peasy. It is indeed rough for f2p players and ive seen a lot of solid suggestions in this thread that might actually benefit the game and it's new players, thus it all boils down to the devs on how will they handle the current situation of the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

I still think my 'Adopt a nab' idea would work... buy um some clothes, take them to the pet shop, give um a little gold to spend and then release then into the wild.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to chiiwawa For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sabiee View Post
    I m just gonna say something prob diff , I can’t read all ofc but when I was a new player all what we got to farm was crates , if u wanna get the arcane ring for pvp plus more good gears ofc u had only one way is to open crates = use plats not to mention u prob not get lucky at all ..

And that was the case for so many years now look at farming every where u can go low maps and farm jewels for ex. Or chase a rare boss and sell it , getting the enchanted eye barely needed any gears etc. etc. etc.

Events are constant and lots of them r easy even easy to hit lb all u need is time and dedication
    Don’t tell me new poor players can do nothing when they can do a lot with just mythic gears this game is all about challenge , dedication and hard work u know ..

I see new players blind pt officers no please help me even and has all his list of quests expecting u to do them all for him like bruh I never asked any one to help me leveling a toon u can sure manage by frequently buying pink gears till u hit a wall of hard quests like hydra orric or another hard boss for big quest then ask somebody to help u , well that’s what I do / did !

How hard to get ur gears ur vanity ur jewels and the hard work and consistency , u play for hours think of ways , marching is also a part of it u think too .

If the game is not like that trust me this would be why it will die .. not just giving new players every thing on a gold plat no hard working no thinking no trying , this would just strip this game from its real identity and fun !

If a new player doesn’t have the challenging spirit he will leave anyway imo
    No ones asking to give away everything for free , lemme try to prove u wrong :

1. At the time when you started playing the difference between the best and the low end gears was mostly only around 30% , now the difference between cheap newbie gears and best arcane gears is around around 1000% more or less , the gap between new player and old player with best gears has increased a lot since that time .

2. I know there are special events which are profitable, but most of them aren’t , u are quoting about winter event enchanted eye , it wasn’t really that easy to reach winter event plat tier as u might have seen many people were complaining on forums on how hard and time taking it was and people weren’t able to reach plat tier .

3. Don’t expect people to be playing a 11+ year old game with time and dedication, that would be just wishful thinking , coz there’s clearly much better options nowadays , I ain’t saying make everything free & giveaway everything for free .

The barrier to entry to this game is very huge at this stage , just needs to be significantly reduced so that actual new players would even consider staying active . Vanities , cosmetics, awakenings & bit better gears are still there to compete and dominate with .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

There is sooooooo many options to farm just so many not gonna try mention all
    This event was hard and time consuming on all

Old players and gap what gap ? Seriously what gap , they have more experience and rightfully so and have some old vanity sets , very few have most rare not all

Comes to gears like hey u sell them every season they become cheap and u lose 90% of ur gold ( not accurately so but assuming ) new players have the option of buying that cheap , comes to op geared players they actually carry in so many maps , u actually loot arcane and can be even carried I got carried a lot myself ..

I fear u guys pressure the developers to make it too easy just to be like any other game in market , how much dedication this game needs is one big factor of its charm and uniqueness , trust me if it lost that it will die !!!

And that doesn’t mean that I don’t see that new players actually getting helped
    Remember the new set of gears u get every few level when u leveling up .

u can loot all u can loot gears vanities jewels op pets , when eggzaviour comes what gears do u need to loot a valuable pet ?

How much did this 3 pieces gl set used to cost ? How much they cost now ?

There is a lot of Help happening while keeping the game still challenging and fun .

If this game is for u , u will find ways .. a lot of ways just as it is and not saying don’t make any changes just saying u sure can mange right now if u really want to ..
    Last edited by Sabiee; 01-29-2024 at 05:18 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

There is sooooooo many options to farm just so many not gonna try mention all
    This event was hard and time consuming on all
    Old players and gap what gap ? Seriously what gap , they have more experience and rightfully so and have some old vanity sets , very few have most rare not all

Comes to gears like hey u sell them every season they become cheap and u lose 90% of ur gold ( not accurately so but assuming ) new players have the option of buying that cheap , comes to op geared players they actually carry in so many maps , u actually loot arcane and can be even carried I got carried a lot myself ..

I fear u guys pressure the developers to make it too easy just to be like any other game in market , how much dedication this game needs is one big factor of its charm and uniqueness , trust me if it lost that it will die !!!

And that doesn’t mean that I don’t see that new players actually getting helped
    Remember the new set of gears u get every few level when u leveling up .

u can loot all u can loot gears vanities jewels op pets , when eggzaviour comes what gears do u need to loot a valuable pet ?

If this game is for u , u will find ways .. a lot of ways just as it is and not saying don’t make any changes just saying u sure can mange right now if u really want to ..
    Well vanities are supposed to be more of an end goal so doesn't matter who has how many vanities in this discussion and you ain't really understanding what is being discussed here , we are talking about "new players" and no one asked to make gears common or anything like that .

1. Just streamline the leveling process a bit more so that no one can say they are stuck somewhere

2. Add some advancement packs for every level including the end game levels till level 85 which have manageable levels of power and decent procs , not asking for super op stuff .

3. Fix the gold loot issue somehow , either remove it [Which isn't a viable option] or maybe add 500% gold loot in the passive section of stats .

And ye I agree where there is a will there is always a way , but this ain't real life , people play games for fun not for continuous mindless grinding

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Itzmemohsin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Well vanities are supposed to be more of an end goal so doesn't matter who has how many vanities in this discussion and you ain't really understanding what is being discussed here , we are talking about "new players" and no one asked to make gears common or anything like that .

1. Just streamline the leveling process a bit more so that no one can say they are stuck somewhere

2. Add some advancement packs for every level including the end game levels till level 85 which have manageable levels of power and decent procs , not asking for super op stuff .

3. Fix the gold loot issue somehow , either remove it [Which isn't a viable option] or maybe add 500% gold loot in the passive section of stats .

And ye I agree where there is a will there is always a way , but this ain't real life , people play games for fun not for continuous mindless grinding
    Adding better gears for new player when hit like lvl 85 I kinda agree like adding them a mythic set and some jewels as well , well I completely agree I don’t really know what kinda gears those high Level chests contains now but I assume not mythic

so yea add some powerful gears but ofc untradable so this for sure would go to a new player or a new class u r trying is also a good way of helping but yea not tradable and not stashable so sure goes to a new toon only ..

500% gl in passive, this will go to new and old players will make more inflation so super NO for the sake of “new players” LOL

And I edited my last post mentioning the 3 pieces gl set that used to be insanely costly and look how easy to obtain it now ..

And this game pve is based on grinding , 24/7 u can ..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

And yea while u need all that work and “ grinding “ u meet ppl u need help from guildies u make friends , laugh joke tired need to sleep now , all this is the fun of it , it’s maybe one of the most sociable game ever is bcoz of that grinding and also PvP that we do miss how constant in many levels it was ..

Like bcoz of that”mindless grinding “ u do find ppl in those maps when ever u feel like go grind some u know ..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

And yea while u need all that work and “ grinding “ u meet ppl u need help from guildies u make friends , laugh joke tired need to sleep now , all this is the fun of it , it’s maybe one of the most sociable game ever is bcoz of that grinding and also PvP that we do miss how constant in many levels it was ..

Like bcoz of that”mindless grinding “ u do find ppl in those maps when ever u feel like go grind some u know ..
    Ok fair enough that might be the way many/some people like it , I just felt like making my point because I have had some friends try to play the game a while back and they weren't really much interested to continue playing after a certain amount of time .

Some of your points were right but they could definitely do somethings to improve the new player experience .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    524 Posts

I've been playing for years, first as a guest then made my account in 2013. In those years I've seen many changes obviously.
    Starting out was difficult but because we were all new, we played the game together. There wasn't as much one-upmanship as there is nowadays. Guildhalls were primitive compared to now, no furniture and no housing and no wisps and auras that seem so necessary today. Nobody had! loadouts to switch from one good luck armour to another and if you died you started from the beginning of the map unless you had plat.
    There wasn't as many events, so this made farming better. If you looted a locked crate of the grand watch it was thrilling. If you looted a pet that was exciting too.
    There was no discord and and virtually no drama.
    What I'm trying to say is, people want too much very quickly. It took me and other old players a very long time...years.. to get the the things we now have. On the other hand, new players to the game don't have the camaraderie that we had. Reaching the endgame is not so much difficult as boring. Some of you, I have read through the posts, say you can make millions. Maybe you do but I don't think you are brand new to AL. I've seen some new players who need advice on how to get a trading permit for instance.

I'm not disputing anything that has been said, what I object to is the disrespect shown towards people who have mental problems and the way people who have Down's Syndrome has been portrayed. Many people who have Down's syndrome have a more fulfilling life than some players here.

Good day and enjoy your time playing.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Susanne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Ok fair enough that might be the way many/some people like it , I just felt like making my point because I have had some friends try to play the game a while back and they weren't really much interested to continue playing after a certain amount of time .

Some of your points were right but they could definitely do somethings to improve the new player experience .
    I completely respect that u were making ur point but any way there are levels of hardness for sure in farming there is easy there is lil bit hard and there it too hard we shouldn’t think to bring the hardest level to new player they should climb for that , looking at op players makes u ambitious just like what happen to us and later have a nice memory and even a story to tell ..

But one thing really annoying a bit is that sometimes u wanna pass some ankh or some xp lix or even lil bit gold to a new player and they can’t trade yet and I don’t even know how to make the trade possible for them and even if I knew they don’t , can they please able to trade instantly it mostly happen to real new players not the beggars .

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

I think that the new final weapons of the game should be cultivated, the problem here is that by having 1 weapon we have it with so much power that it has super high demand and only millionaires can have them, my recommendation is that the new arcana have a level option similar to spiritual weapons, so motivating to farm them will depend on yourself, not on having 1 billion in your pocket and buying everything at once, regarding the gold loot, it should be limited so as not to see exaggerated figures in the future, I can't imagine the day we will see vanities in 100 billion or weapons that touch 1 billion and then devalue when you least expect it, and the cycle of always buying the best is repeated, ending the excitement of the game in 3 to 6 months

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Susanne View Post
    I've been playing for years, first as a guest then made my account in 2013. In those years I've seen many changes obviously.
    Starting out was difficult but because we were all new, we played the game together. There wasn't as much one-upmanship as there is nowadays. Guildhalls were primitive compared to now, no furniture and no housing and no wisps and auras that seem so necessary today. Nobody had! loadouts to switch from one good luck armour to another and if you died you started from the beginning of the map unless you had plat.
    There wasn't as many events, so this made farming better. If you looted a locked crate of the grand watch it was thrilling. If you looted a pet that was exciting too.
    There was no discord and and virtually no drama.
    What I'm trying to say is, people want too much very quickly. It took me and other old players a very long time...years.. to get the the things we now have. On the other hand, new players to the game don't have the camaraderie that we had. Reaching the endgame is not so much difficult as boring. Some of you, I have read through the posts, say you can make millions. Maybe you do but I don't think you are brand new to AL. I've seen some new players who need advice on how to get a trading permit for instance.

I'm not disputing anything that has been said, what I object to is the disrespect shown towards people who have mental problems and the way people who have Down's Syndrome has been portrayed. Many people who have Down's syndrome have a more fulfilling life than some players here.

Good day and enjoy your time playing.
    The Down syndrome thing was that dumb clown call rarity whatever his name is bringing Down syndrome people into this conversation

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Remove gold farming from the game and it will be better

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

I have a list of suggestions that might work:

1. Stop making new items for low levels
    1.1. Increase the drop of better items and existing ones that are used in those levels and even pvp.
    1.2. The return of the old lockeds That will help the developers get their Salary and people get those old items well, I repeat we don't need the developers to spend effort on new items almost every new season for all levels.

2. Improve and fix portals and item drops on all maps in general so that there is a better variety of options and not just focus on gold dropping.
    2.1. Add an npc buyer who buys certain items from us at a certain value and add them to the overall item drop, you can have variety this npc can have a list of items for which he will pay more gold and this list could be changed weekly, also working with the drop the portals such as Deep Marsh, Vardan Gates, Elite Arena, Shuyal Arena, that skeleton boss or all the maps in general of all Arlor.

3. Make a weekly store of limited recolored vanities that change monthly or seasonally purchasable only with plat.

4. Reduce the number of events you offer us, you are making efforts that do not make us all happy and in the midst of everything many events pass without pain or glory.
    4.1. Events or festivals should be to be celebrated and enjoyed, as a company they want to make a profit and as players we want to have fun, we have to find a middle ground that works for all of us.

5. Getting married or having a selected partner in Arlor should grant us some buff when we play together, it could be something like a proc that heals us or protects us. Nothing too exaggerated or big.
    5.1. This thing about couples, marriage and everything can be interesting to delve into.