Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Sb Chainsword

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Default Sb Chainsword

i am buying stuff, wait for it, when it improves my performance. I have tested this weapon for past 24hrs until i decided to sell it, because it did not bring improvements to my performance. Let's begin:

Weapon stats:
    - this weapon provides best base damage for warrior and 2nd best snowstorm blade is a little worse in this area, after dozens of runs vs Lb orrick, Hydra and Rahabkor i can tell the damage output difference between these 2 isn't significant. Why then pay 150-200m for sb chain, when 2m worth snowstorm can do almost as good?

Weapon proc:
    - proc of this weapon is DOT, so i've compared it to latest good DOT item, kraken sword. Without further debate, in many scenarios kraken sword's dot outperformed Sb Chain's DOT by 10x higher dmg dealt to enemy boss (after buffs).

Set bonus:
    - this weapon came with 3s bonus 200% dmg and 60% damage reduction. I can see use of this 3 sec damage reduction in some scenarios, like walking away from enemy in temple run, perhaps in some timed lb runs? On the other hand this 200% would be great buff to performance, sadly, it's too short. Short in a way, that 200% damage won't make any impact on proc of Sb Chain when used together with 6/6 sb set, and if u want to try this 3sec buff with kraken or neptaris/polaris/spirit, you can forget about it, by the time you proc them, buff is long gone.

Summary:
    - Stats of weapon are best in game for warrior class, and during next awakening event, when players roll good awaken in it, it'll jump away from snowstorm blade, but currently there is no much of difference between them in power, and good awakened snowstorm blade even outperforms sb chain in dmg done. Proc of weapon is underwhelming and i strongly recommend to use kraken proc of sword vs bosses and kraken proc of aegis vs mobs. Set bonus is great addition, but it seems to be too short, so another good stuff on paper, not so good in PvE battle.

Suggestion:
    - Who already tried this weapon or checked description knows i did not mention 1 last part of this weapon, charged attack, that provides buff +100% crit chance, +50% crit dmg and +25% haste in PvE. It was on purpose, i would like to suggest a small change to it. For me personally weapon has no use, DOT is weak, set bonus is short and base damage is only slighty higher from snowstorm, while their price is 150-200m for sb and 2m for snowstorm. Those are reasons that led me to following suggestion, so weapon turns into very important in every warrior's arsenal:

- Remove cooldown from charged attack buff and allow it to be applied to all party members. This would change few things. First of all, weapon would turn into support weapon, you proc it and all other procs get benefit of 100 crit chance, 50 crit dmg and 25 haste, so kraken sword/aegis etc. will be stronger. Secondly, this buff will help everyone in team probably leading in rogues/mages wanting 1 warrior with this weapon in party for buff. This proc should not stack, so 2 warriors can't proc +100 crit damage, this proc should work like elondrian bulwark's proc, you proc it on enemy, enemy get's 10 sec debuff, you proc it again, debuff starts over with 10 sec. Additionally it should be weaker every next lvl cap by 50%. At lvl cap 91 it could provide +50% crit chance, +25% crit dmg and +12.5% haste buff, until it fades away on higher lvl.

Closure:
    Possible change of proc is something that would made me personally want this weapon for any price, it would turn to very important piece of equipment. You can always go easier way and buff DOT of this weapon, because it is underwhelming, but keeping weapon in current state i don't see any good reason to have it for next 3-4 months until next awakening event happens.

Notes:
    - Rogue and Mage players, that did try this weapon are welcomed to share their insights, those that did not try it are free to create their own thread giving reasons and suggestions to change their class weapon if they feel it's needed.
    - Some/Many warriors might disagree with me, but i am very curious to see what other warrior users have to say, and perhaps what suggestion they share.

Thanks

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dmqp For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dmqp View Post
    i am buying stuff, wait for it, when it improves my performance. I have tested this weapon for past 24hrs until i decided to sell it, because it did not bring improvements to my performance. Let's begin:

Weapon stats:
    - this weapon provides best base damage for warrior and 2nd best snowstorm blade is a little worse in this area, after dozens of runs vs Lb orrick, Hydra and Rahabkor i can tell the damage output difference between these 2 isn't significant. Why then pay 150-200m for sb chain, when 2m worth snowstorm can do almost as good?

Weapon proc:
    - proc of this weapon is DOT, so i've compared it to latest good DOT item, kraken sword. Without further debate, in many scenarios kraken sword's dot outperformed Sb Chain's DOT by 10x higher dmg dealt to enemy boss (after buffs).

Set bonus:
    - this weapon came with 3s bonus 200% dmg and 60% damage reduction. I can see use of this 3 sec damage reduction in some scenarios, like walking away from enemy in temple run, perhaps in some timed lb runs? On the other hand this 200% would be great buff to performance, sadly, it's too short. Short in a way, that 200% damage won't make any impact on proc of Sb Chain when used together with 6/6 sb set, and if u want to try this 3sec buff with kraken or neptaris/polaris/spirit, you can forget about it, by the time you proc them, buff is long gone.

Summary:
    - Stats of weapon are best in game for warrior class, and during next awakening event, when players roll good awaken in it, it'll jump away from snowstorm blade, but currently there is no much of difference between them in power, and good awakened snowstorm blade even outperforms sb chain in dmg done. Proc of weapon is underwhelming and i strongly recommend to use kraken proc of sword vs bosses and kraken proc of aegis vs mobs. Set bonus is great addition, but it seems to be too short, so another good stuff on paper, not so good in PvE battle.

Suggestion:
    - Who already tried this weapon or checked description knows i did not mention 1 last part of this weapon, charged attack, that provides buff +100% crit chance, +50% crit dmg and +25% haste in PvE. It was on purpose, i would like to suggest a small change to it. For me personally weapon has no use, DOT is weak, set bonus is short and base damage is only slighty higher from snowstorm, while their price is 150-200m for sb and 2m for snowstorm. Those are reasons that led me to following suggestion, so weapon turns into very important in every warrior's arsenal:

- Remove cooldown from charged attack buff and allow it to be applied to all party members. This would change few things. First of all, weapon would turn into support weapon, you proc it and all other procs get benefit of 100 crit chance, 50 crit dmg and 25 haste, so kraken sword/aegis etc. will be stronger. Secondly, this buff will help everyone in team probably leading in rogues/mages wanting 1 warrior with this weapon in party for buff. This proc should not stack, so 2 warriors can't proc +100 crit damage, this proc should work like elondrian bulwark's proc, you proc it on enemy, enemy get's 10 sec debuff, you proc it again, debuff starts over with 10 sec. Additionally it should be weaker every next lvl cap by 50%. At lvl cap 91 it could provide +50% crit chance, +25% crit dmg and +12.5% haste buff, until it fades away on higher lvl.

Closure:
    Possible change of proc is something that would made me personally want this weapon for any price, it would turn to very important piece of equipment. You can always go easier way and buff DOT of this weapon, because it is underwhelming, but keeping weapon in current state i don't see any good reason to have it for next 3-4 months until next awakening event happens.

Notes:
    - Rogue and Mage players, that did try this weapon are welcomed to share their insights, those that did not try it are free to create their own thread giving reasons and suggestions to change their class weapon if they feel it's needed.
    - Some/Many warriors might disagree with me, but i am very curious to see what other warrior users have to say, and perhaps what suggestion they share.

Thanks
    I strongly agree with the suggestion that this weap should support the team with the buff and the proc shouldn’t be 3 secs its too short I would say 10-12 secs should be fine I did use the weapon myself and I did 500k dmg with chain sword proc Kraken armor proc and immo bracelet proc while I did 1.5m dmg with Kraken Sword/armor/bracelet procs also switched to force sword after for high dmg output tested the dmg also on lb orrick map I hope it gets buffed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

It’s mythic it should not stay 150m for long since it should drop more than kraken.
    Even if it has a trash proc (like saber) it can stay the best wep for your star beast dmg loadout (like saber with zaar).
    So it’s fine as long as the drop rate permits to reduce it’s price and as long as they must think about a mythic sword and aegis with stronger procs but weaker stats.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

5.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,505 Posts

Thanks for the detailed feedback, we'll take a look at the data to see if any changes to this weapon need to be made, but as it stands, we're content with the its performance.

-ALS

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to asommers For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

For the Star Beast Orb is the same thing. Tested it with 6/6 Star Beast set and the 200% damage proc is non-existent. You can barely do any damage in that 3s window. It takes more than that to perform a proper combo (skill, pet aa, buffs etc.). At this point it is useless to wear 6/6 Star Beast. I can out perform this combination Using Kraken Gun + Kraken Armor + Immo, proc the gun, switch to Snow Orb, proc the armor. I honestly expected to see A star beast gun/staff that will work as a combination between foce weapons stats and krak weapons procs when used in combination with a 6/6 set. This is an endgame set after all and the fact that you trashed it before making it glow brings some concerns to my attention and I will be reserved on how I spend my in game currency, real life money.