Thread: Star beast 8/8 needs a buff, nerf or rework?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tanasescu490 View Post
    I think you didn t watch my video. That is exactly what I did.
    You did not do what i've suggested to you to do. You did proc mythic sb and then your kraken armor proced and that is not what i've suggested. I have suggested you to use clock or other attacking skill by wearing 8/8, don't use auto attack to proc mythic weapon, just use single skill by wearing 8/8 sb. First scratch will trigger this 7 sec 200% dmg buff (green icon in hud), so you can see it as 7 sec of 200% dmg proc, that can be stacked with any weapon you wish. For instance after you trigger this buff, you can freely swap to other set, be it zaarus with hyperos or kraken, proc hyperos, krakens or whatever weapon you want and their proc will get this +200% dmg.

Dmg output of proc from mythic SB is weak, and i've mentioned that when they were released, because i had them on day 1, not weeks later. We can either cry about weak dot from proc, or utilize set in our favor. If you ask me, 7 sec of 200% buff to any proc i pick is definitely worth getting. It's up to you if you want this heavy buff now, when set is quite pricey, or you are ok waiting 2 months, when pieces drop. It was always this way, new stuff is pricey and price of it drops over time.

I'll mention it once again, if you look at this 8/8 sb set under different "angle", you will see it's worth it. Don't look at weak dot from proc, look at 200% dmg buff, that lasts 7 sec and can be stacked with any weapon you want if you use it in correct order. Other than that set provides protection against debuffs that will be very needed in elite Elder Woods.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

To be clear. I want to use Star Beast Orb and deal more damage than any other weapon currently in the game as it is the latest released weapon and the entire f system is based on vertical progression. If it is not better or competitive I don t want it, I don t need it. I can clear mobs using Aquaris witch is a 2m staff right now. I don t want to use Star Beast weapon as a support for any weapon that is 1 year old in the game. If you don t understand my pov, fine by that, but please understand I m not talking from books.