Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Item Packs - Me Mad

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    It made me realize that identity is not found in the rarity of your items. Take my friend Jcoultet for instance. His "trademark" was his green Viking helm. My friend Katahra's trademark was the black Viking helm. Many have them, but no one rocks them quite like them.

Btw, this is coming from a guy who was so caught up in his snowman helm until sts released in the dotd. I was upset at first, but then I realized there's nothing to be upset about. This year I wouldn't be surprised if the snowman hat gets released again. Guess what? I'll still be rocking it like a baws!

Right ! Thats what i say : Just don't go with the mainstream , don't mind what others wear , you're cool when you have own ideas of looks
    Proud Co-Leader of Xplict
    Sciazaratek: lv. 75 str/dex polarbear;
    Sciazarcher : lv.71 pure dex duck ;
    Sciazmage : lv. 75 pure int enchanter ;

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nmyxspaceship:834624
    Stop being selfish. I have every single 2010 wf pack item. Almost every single one of those items was brought back. I was kinda disappointed but me and others didn't make 5+ threads raging about it. Time to get over it. Eventually it will be exclusive as I highly doubt they will bring them back 3 years in a row but hey it wouldn't bother me if they did.

Thanks.
    You admitted you were disappointed when they brought back Wf items. Exact same thing here.

Sts wants to please the masses. I'd bet more ppl are happy with a shot at old vanities, than those of us who have them already.

One thing that makes no sense to me is making the EXACT same weapon with better stats. (Chunker)
    gf.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dudetus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nmyxspaceship View Post
    Stop being selfish. I have every single 2010 wf pack item. Almost every single one of those items was brought back. I was kinda disappointed but me and others didn't make 5+ threads raging about it. Time to get over it. Eventually it will be exclusive as I highly doubt they will bring them back 3 years in a row but hey it wouldn't bother me if they did.

Thanks.
    Raging to a "ragethread" is considered to be a straightening? I do admit that my opinion is a bit biased as I approach the subject with my Zombie Head madness but as Sue said, there have been made valid points throughout this thread.

Donate me a life since u obviously don't think I have one.
    I appreciate the points you guys made.

I'm at fault as well.

But we should expect sts not do what they say sometimes and be able to deal with it when they don't.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Here's the illogic of exclusive vanities... they take space. Every item that exists has some bandwidth associated. That's why they re-color things, too. So the more exclusive vanities there are, the bigger the app. With PL, it just keeps growing.

But there should be SOME exclusives. This year the exclusive 2012 vanities are the ones that say 2012 on them. I think there are three of them. They were put in as shields with levels, but these are vanities and we can keep using them even when we get to level 100. The ones that dropped will be mostly useless by next summer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    That's why they re-color things, too.
    as i mentoned earlier they couldnt even make green witch hats
    or release other item that are only seen on NPC's

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

sts does not understand the word "EXCLUSIVE". I had every vanity/item from last years halloween. Do i care? NOPE. why? because i was expecting this.

typical sts lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nick41324:834786
    sts does not understand the word "EXCLUSIVE". I had every vanity/item from last years halloween. Do i care? NOPE. why? because i was expecting this.

typical sts lol
    We haven't seen the orange skull and bones shield, the original witch hat, or last year's witch hat. Still some exclusive stuff out there.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

I don't understand, guys. Please explain it to me. Aren't these items exclusive to this year?

Attachment 19224
    Attachment 19225
    Attachment 19226

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

I don't understand, guys. Please explain it to me. Aren't these items exclusive to this year?

Attachment 19224
    Attachment 19225
    Attachment 19226
    So what? They made 3 items exclusive. What about the others from last year's halloween. Some people are saying the majority will be happy if old vanities are brought back. But what if other games did this.. like I used to play this game where there are a few items from the very first holidays that are now worth bils. I bet you 90% of the population wants these items to be brought back. But they also know this will ruin the game for the few that own them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I thought we were told that they were not gonna release item packs this year. Whos genious idea was to release them when we were told otherwise? Why mess with our unique vanitys which were such a pain in the wallet to obtain. They even included chunckers,brooms,.etc in the packs last year which made the vanitys harder to obtain. Imagine paying for a pack and recieving a chunker identical to the dropable one. Oh well, atleast i have my unique avengers set so i can actually look different than other ppl. Lets see if the genious brings it back just to make newer ppl happy. Screw us the veterans
    Last edited by javiemma; 10-30-2012 at 05:35 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to javiemma For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Heroelite:834808
    So what? They made 3 items exclusive. What about the others from last year's halloween. Some people are saying the majority will be happy if old vanities are brought back. But what if other games did this.. like I used to play this game where there are a few items from the very first holidays that are now worth bils. I bet you 90% of the population wants these items to be brought back. But they also know this will ruin the game for the few that own them.
    Ahem
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowlyspy:834791
    We haven't seen the orange skull and bones shield, the original witch hat, or last year's witch hat. Still some exclusive stuff out there.
    There's also the 2 pumpkin helms from last year and the original event, as well as the pitchfork from last year, and this year's demon helm will probably stay exclusive. If my math is right, that's more exclusive things than things that were brought back (other than the costumes, but those are halloweens shtick.)

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Lowlyspy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Exactly. I had to buy a bunch of packs and get a bunch of stupid brooms and chunkers to get my vanities last year, now everyone is a guaranteed these vanities with their packs this year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

OK, then... please explain to me the thing I don't get. Which vanities from last year did you want to be exclusive? Some items did remain exclusive. Is it that you guessed wrongly which ones would be exclusive? I'm still not tracking... very sorry... but it still doesn't make sense to me. Not everything in the packs is exclusive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

Make everything bloody exclusive. Even potions.
    L15 Mage - Certificates. L12 Behr - Certificate. L15 Teamer Mage - Duuq

THE DUUQS WILL RULE.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ninjaduck For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

OK, then... please explain to me the thing I don't get. Which vanities from last year did you want to be exclusive? Some items did remain exclusive. Is it that you guessed wrongly which ones would be exclusive? I'm still not tracking... very sorry... but it still doesn't make sense to me. Not everything in the packs is exclusive.
    Well what I would have preferred would have been that they DID release all those old vanities (to please newbies) BUT have them re colored (to please vets). Heck even if they had an effect added that made them "cooler" I would still rock the old ones to show that I've been here a while.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

If this is justice, I'm a banana
    L15 Mage - Certificates. L12 Behr - Certificate. L15 Teamer Mage - Duuq

THE DUUQS WILL RULE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nick41324 View Post
    sts does not understand the word "EXCLUSIVE".
    That's fine, because they've never used that word. I only see the word exclusive being thrown around in these complaint threads. If you or anyone else assumed something would be "exclusive," you based that on made-up logic. Now, if STS had specifically said something would be exclusive and then re-released it, that would be one thing, but since that was never said, you have to assume that nothing is one-time-only.
    PL: Seucheky
    SL: McBain
    DL: ArethaFanglin
    AL: McBain, Seucheky

21. The Following User Says Thank You to McBain For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Instead of zombie head should of done a skelly I mean common. But I only remembered ninja becauae of his fancy elite hat but now that everyone has it kinda takes away the coolness.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlyspy View Post
    to be fair the regular witch hat and the spooky shield werent part of the item pack that were rereleased
    but so long as they dont rerelease them as DotD, I'll give them some credit

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    That's fine, because they've never used that word. I only see the word exclusive being thrown around in these complaint threads. If you or anyone else assumed something would be "exclusive," you based that on made-up logic. Now, if STS had specifically said something would be exclusive and then re-released it, that would be one thing, but since that was never said, you have to assume that nothing is one-time-only.
    Your right in that they didn't promise anything. However having been throught this before, sts made the 2010 helm exclusive after listening to our complaints. This year it's like they repeated a problem they should have been aware of. For me it wasn't made up logic, but my personal experience, and the precident of history.
    I realize this seems like I'm hung up on it but I'm not. I would like sts to see their own illogic, being "we don't want ppl to look the same" and that they once made a better decision to remake things they re-released, and we were happy about that.