Thread: Warrior damage at lower levels

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default Warrior damage at lower levels

Is there a way that warrior damage can be looked at from what I can see mage and rogue damage is pretty fair when it comes to dmg to armor but warrior is unrealistic. A warrior skill shouldn’t do less than a melee swing. Its almost impossible to do any damage with skills as a warrior even when reducing armor I get tanks are supposed to be tankier classes but they hit like a noodle was just wondering if this could be looked at

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Tank = More Hp + More armor compared to other class. If you want more damage, you should go on other 2 classes. Warriors aint supposed to have high damage unlike the 2 other char.

Another thing is awakening, you can get plenty of damage awakes, stats etc. but just as the word itself, tank class suppose to be a tank and not a damage dealer because thats the purpose of the other 2 class.

Sent from my 2107113SG using Tapatalk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Alcs For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I get tanks are tankier but armor means nothing as there is armor cap at most lvls but for example an axe throw shouldn’t do 13 damage when you have over 120 dmg as a warrior. Back in old pvp tanks did good damage. Thing is tanks damage needs to be fixed they did good damage back in the day just weren’t as bursty as rogue and mage but tanks have zero chance to kill not even get someone down 5% hp because their skills do 13 damage on someone with 2500+ hp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

You can't base the old pvp on the current since awakening is present. Ofcourse damage is scalling because of the armor, reduction etc of hb of pets. There are really alot of ways to deal damage right now like using damage pet like skeletops, armor reducing AA's like anky.

Pvp really is different now and wont be changed since awakening comes by. You cant expect either hittin 100+ damage every skill not considering the damage reduction nowadays + big armor in effect of armor awakening.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Yes awakening has changed the way pvp is played but like I said rogue and mage are still fine but warrior has done nothing but decrease in everything it’s basically a useless class and Skeletops helps but even with h ankh that reduces armor warrior does 50-70 damage with a skill and then have to wait 30 seconds for aa cooldown. When rogues or mages use it their damage can hit for half someone’s health I’m not saying warrior needs this but they need to be buffed at least the base dmg/ skills or they can’t compete even with skill and pets

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tripshot View Post
    I get tanks are tankier but armor means nothing as there is armor cap at most lvls but for example an axe throw shouldn’t do 13 damage when you have over 120 dmg as a warrior. Back in old pvp tanks did good damage. Thing is tanks damage needs to be fixed they did good damage back in the day just weren’t as bursty as rogue and mage but tanks have zero chance to kill not even get someone down 5% hp because their skills do 13 damage on someone with 2500+ hp
    Simple but effective. If you want damage, use rogue or mage Most twinks knew that since awakening ruined low lvl pvp.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

It’s not that simple there’s 3 classes and warrior needs to be able to hold their own. Their damage is straight up laughable yeah it’s easy to pick rogue and mage but some would like to play tank but tank is useless giving them higher damage output would actually make them playable and reduce the amount of the same class being played in every level. This also helps with finding gear as not everyone would be looking for the same class. Having an issue with increasing warrior damage is actually crazy they do zero damage it’s something that needs to be fixed not avoided

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

It’s not that simple there’s 3 classes and warrior needs to be able to hold their own. Their damage is straight up laughable yeah it’s easy to pick rogue and mage but some would like to play tank but tank is useless giving them higher damage output would actually make them playable and reduce the amount of the same class being played in every level. This also helps with finding gear as not everyone would be looking for the same class. Having an issue with increasing warrior damage is actually crazy they do zero damage it’s something that needs to be fixed not avoided
    I think you dont know how awakening works. What do you expect lvl 5 twinks getting 1k armor + 25-40% damage reduction in hb of pets. Do you think if you have 120 damage, your skills should do 120+ as well?

And yeah warriors can hold up their own since they have alot of healing skills like jug and venge unlike the other 2 class. If your unhappy about warrior damage in twink like every moderator said "go on honor pvp" since they have been saying that every class has balance right there

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

I'm all for helping warriors out but I support the sentiment that damage doesn't matter as much. I take pride in survival and keeping my team alive. Could care less about kills. My job is to give my dps a chance to kill. Unless you want to duel or vs damage doesn't matter much to a war. If you are desperate to kill a rogue just bleed their mana and kill. Don't duel mages and all set. As a war I try my best to take all the hits. In pvp you should be part of a team, not the one man army. No matter what you do you will never do as much damage as a mid rogue. It should stay that way. When wars are both tanks and damage dealers the other classes leave pvp. It's not fun. Personally I think mages need some love more then wars.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

Good luck getting warriors buffed. Tried to explain why the class is terrible for the past few years and nothing was done and lots of low iq people who tend to not understand statistics or the situation speak their opinion that makes absolutely no sense at all. Ironic tbh, they have never played warrior either. So I swapped to rogue and I deal over 1million dmg with aimshot no procs.

Sent from my SM-S928U1 using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I get that warriors are meant to do less damage as they are a tanking class but the classes were not developed to be that way. All classes are supposed to be able to do damage as if a rogue or mage wants to kill a warrior and just start attacking the warrior has no chance even if the warrior is very geared. I’m not saying they need to make them crazy on dmg but to make them actually useful and playable. A mage with haste can pretty much have an infinite shield so I don’t think mages need a buff and why do you need a warrior in clash when mage shield is almost infinite and can block all the hits and do damage so theoretically don’t even need a tank for clash. I’m just saying tank needs a damage buff to make them useful for clash and be able to defend themselves in a vs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Even endgame warrior is pretty much useless in damage done without latest equipment. I am looking forward to April's skill revamp, it can make our "warrior's" life easier.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Classes are absolutely designed to work in rolls. Especially in pvp. I know it's frustrating when you can't do enough damage to kill. I've been in that situation plenty of times. That doesn't mean wars should have the most defense and similar damage. I will be honest and say that for me the issue is always gear and pets and skill. My gear isn't good enough to compete, my pet setup isn't helping me kill (or survive) and last but most common is I'm just not better at pvp then the other person. Pvp is expensive, if you can't gear up to the level of your opponent then you will struggle.

Trust me, I made plenty of threads complaining about war damage and skills. However, its usually a me issue not an issue with the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts

Whoever think that tank is useless in terms of PvE gameplay (solely endgame) have no idea how the class actually works and can't adjust their gameplay to the current standards.
    Sincerely sick and tired of people complaining about the class balance when majority of people giving out opinions on forums prove in one or other context that they can't even properly use the class advantages in any sort of gameplay.
    Start finally think for yourselves when it comes to the gameplay instead of constantly complaining about one thing or another saying that I quote "this and that is useless because I *fill in the wrong itemization/build/skill order/pet usage/class cooperation excuse* and it needs to be buffed".
    Game's not that hard, honestly.

Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts

In regards of the actual OP I'll refrain from the topic sorry. I believe game is mostly adjusted to the endgame content and how it's affecting lower levels (thus twinks) is just a collateral damage I guess.

Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Well the issue for me there is that armor cap shouldn't exist at first place or if you are doing that you gotta cap damage for each level as well. If you take away the tankiness from tanks it will only get one shotted so here where you ask for the damage buff cause you literally can't nuke other classes as they do to you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

The percentage is capped, not the actual value. So with enough armor value u can make armor debuffs useless. If the damage reduction value and the armor value needed for it were higher, that would also mean other classes would be able to get higher damage reduction, resulting in warriors doing even less damage