Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Feedback: Arlorian Egg Hunt 2024

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post

Looking at the count of Platinum eggs have dropped, the rate is fine. If I go into the Auction House, I can see players selling stacks of 2024 Arlorian Platinum Eggs (meaning they've acquired more than one).

-ALS
    Did you also check auc while last year's egg prices going up cause of how badly nerfed the new eggs already? I mean I see your point of making earnable plat amount 3-50 but nerfing egg drops to hell is not it tbh.
    Last edited by Squlo; 03-25-2024 at 01:58 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

SMH

Sent from my head.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Satisfied with event. Higher tier for better loot is good system, rewards activity i would say. Made tons of gold in just 2 days of farming by selling all rarities of eggs. Platinum eggs drop rate looks good to me, looted and sold 22 of them already. At this rate of getting platinum eggs i'll beat my personal best from previous year. Less talk and more play is my advice to players, that want more platinum eggs. I am happy with event, ty sts.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dmqp For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I'm happy with the event and could even make my low level characters farm fast enough, where I can't complain anymore.
    But about the egg situation I think it would be the absolute worst decision to remove them after the event ends
    What's to gain is less confusion with eggs and recipes from different years and making it easier to sell eggs.
    But we'd lose the opportunity to get story token (from red eggs) whenever we need them or when creating a new character and we'd lose the only really consistent way of getting platinum (from plat eggs) without paying after the event is over.
    Also with all the options to search in auction I don't feel like it's very difficult to find exactly what you are looking for. Literally all you have to do is search for "2024" and select the rarity of the egg you are looking for.
    Maybe a note on old eggs, or in the event information about old eggs not giving any points would help players understand, that they need new eggs for event.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ave View Post
    if 4 party members are platinum tier, does the map entered has a higher chance to have machines that drop platinum eggs?
    My guildmates tested this out it seems like the drop rate on platinum eggs is significantly better when you're a group of plat tiers (according to them).

Hopefully the devs can address if this is true.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Neutrone For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Extremely disappointed. This used to be a face paced, fun event.

I do like the tier set up with what color of eggs drop. Gave me more incentive to grind the energy to get to plat quicker. . . . and after running many rounds at plat tier (all plat party) seeing soooo many greens, blues drop with some red tossed in, top dressed with a few purples and zero plat eggs, left this event tossed in the underwhelming bucket of events.

Suggestions: balance out the jewel qualities and type by spreading out the jewels to green eggs, adding a higher quality of jewels, to purple instead of stopping at standard. Up the % of primary jewels. The secondary jewels seem overly excessive.

And for the love of arlor please increase plat machines/plat egg drop rate.

TIA,
    Avy
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neutrone View Post
    My guildmates tested this out it seems like the drop rate on platinum eggs is significantly better when you're a group of plat tiers (according to them).

Hopefully the devs can address if this is true.
    Lucky players, gz to them. I (all plat party) ran 63 run today, that yielded 0 plat eggs. (Not to including other rounds of zero plat eggs) Did the game not recognize my char reached plat? lol. . .
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dmqp View Post
    Satisfied with event. Higher tier for better loot is good system, rewards activity i would say. Made tons of gold in just 2 days of farming by selling all rarities of eggs. Platinum eggs drop rate looks good to me, looted and sold 22 of them already. At this rate of getting platinum eggs i'll beat my personal best from previous year. Less talk and more play is my advice to players, that want more platinum eggs. I am happy with event, ty sts.
    I mean there is a huge difference between awful drop rates and getting lucky actually. Also could you tell how many runs have you done as well if not personal?

Congratz on your record though mate

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

100 runs today...18 purple eggs, 0 plat......c'mon sts...you can do better than this nickle and dime show

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Yk what's also extremely disappointing and infuriating? The fact that every single negative comment gets automatically not addressed or taken in consideration. Not a word of explanation on why they changed this event in a way no one ever asked or wanted. All ik is that like this the way to get platinum not via real money purchase gets very limited since i am sure in future months plat eggs will sky rocket in price. Basically is another attempt to squeeze more money. Have at least the kindness to not make it so obvious tho

Inviato dal mio 23053RN02A utilizzando Tapatalk

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sulphurea For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

add back reroll to egg machines please!

15.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #112
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,483 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sweeetcakes View Post
    What happened to the drop rate of the gems in the purple eggs? Not only are purple eggs almost as rare as a platinum eggs these days, but the chances of getting a standard gem in an egg are about 1 out of 5. Very disappointing for someone who uses this event to craft gems for their gears.
    Drop rates for Purple egg contents is unchanged from previous years.

Quote Originally Posted by Vikusato View Post
    There was an indicator on the type of egg machine we broke in the previous years where it should what kind of egg machine we broke egg purple egg machine broke count plat egg machine broke count .
    That display was removed because to the player, there really is only 'one' type of machine. You are awarded the chance at eggs colors based on your tier. Red eggs and below requires Silver tier, Purple eggs and below requires Gold tier, Platinum eggs and below requires Platinum tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolanggg View Post
    Please fix plat egg drop I've been plat for almost 3 hours and did about 100+ runs without a plat egg drop.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Pxrk View Post
    I will just say as a rog that farmed +500runs and im on Lb rn i just have 14 plat eggs and 300 purple only so if someone say drop rate its good he just got rly lucky. Have a Nice day
    So, one player is 3 hours, 100 runs and no Platinum eggs, and another is 500 runs, 300 Purple eggs, and 14 Platinum eggs. Random's gonna random. We're going to look at the data in detail on Monday (total eggs of various colors), but it looks like things are working just fine.

Again, I'll state the Auction House has players with stacks of tens of 2024 Platinum eggs for sale. 2024 Purple eggs are even at stacks of 999.

Quote Originally Posted by MaAaT View Post
    But about the egg situation I think it would be the absolute worst decision to remove them after the event ends.
    Removal is highly unlikely, but we probably can make it so you can't loot items from older eggs that would cause confusion and scams.

Quote Originally Posted by Ave View Post
    if 4 party members are platinum tier, does the map entered has a higher chance to have machines that drop platinum eggs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Neutrone View Post
    No, number of players (including solo/multi) has no bearing on drop rates. Drop rates are based on the individual player and their current event tier.

As always, thanks for the constructive feedback!

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Pleaseee, don't allow players to manipulate auction placing several x1 eggs at a lower price, to deceive players into selling for less gold. I don't have the time or patience to deal with these scammers. Force them to wait 5 minutes for spamming the same item in auction. There's no reason to fill 20 pages with x1 eggs to deceive players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    So, one player is 3 hours, 100 runs and no Platinum eggs, and another is 500 runs, 300 Purple eggs, and 14 Platinum eggs. Random's gonna random. We're going to look at the data in detail on Monday (total eggs of various colors), but it looks like things are working just fine.

Again, I'll state the Auction House has players with stacks of tens of 2024 Platinum eggs for sale. 2024 Purple eggs are even at stacks of 999.
    Sounds pretty rewarding especially when you spend lots of hours to reach plat just to be able to loot plat eggs and then... Ah yes 100 runs and nothing then lets try 400 more and boom 14 eggs looted. That is not even 3 eggs every 100 runs bruh...

You can just straight up say like "we are not gonna buff it either way" so that we can move on honestly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Great event! Satisfied with my drop rates regarding the platinum eggs
    Looting 3 plat eggs in one single machine was great

Thanks for adding in Murkstones to the red eggs. That will def help out in getting murk stones to complete the title and badge in the fester vendor for the achievement grinders
    Hoping to loot the Bun Bun Badge on my HC since the Badge AP is at 18/20 currently and hopefully the Fester Swamp Badge before the event ends in another week to jump up a few aps on my HC.

Thanks Sts as always and as usual

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hexame For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Irreflexivo View Post
    Pleaseee, don't allow players to manipulate auction placing several x1 eggs at a lower price, to deceive players into selling for less gold. I don't have the time or patience to deal with these scammers. Force them to wait 5 minutes for spamming the same item in auction. There's no reason to fill 20 pages with x1 eggs to deceive players.
    +1 Please take action to those greedy players putting those eggs only to deceive other players.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

In the last months it feels like you purposefully try to make events boring, frustrating and simply not worth playing. I have no motivation to buy plat because it honestly feels like everyone around me it’s on the verge of quitting (or have already quit) because there is no point in playing. The changes you made to easter are disappointing, unexpected and harmful for the community. It used to be my favorite event. Energy drops, lock drops, egg drops, joint lb instead of 2 1week lbs are all an issue and it doesn’t look like u care. I hope you’ll prove us wrong. Thank you for reading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to navabi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Squlo View Post
    I mean there is a huge difference between awful drop rates and getting lucky actually. Also could you tell how many runs have you done as well if not personal?

Congratz on your record though mate
    I am not keeping track on hm energy kits i've used, my guess is in time of writing comment i've burned something between 200-300 energy kits. I may be lucky, true, or i am just active. It is random chance after all as asommers mentioned. I myself got 2x double platinum egg drop in 2 runs in a row and then about 20 runs nothing, then 1 egg then long time nothing. Activity is the key. Since my comment i've looted another 13 eggs, today few more. And it is not just me, i am running in party with friends and i see them looting platinum eggs as well. Some players come here to whine asking for everything to be handed to them on golden plate, but i don't see any significant difference between drop rates of platinum eggs in 2023 and 2024 events. Activity always rewards in this event, made 9 digits number profit in gold by selling all rarities of eggs in just 2 days of event, this is still one of most profitable events in AL.

Other topic is energy drop rate, people whine it's too bad, while i am getting slighty over 200x essences every 30 minutes from KT4. You need 75x essence to craft 25 energy, so within 30 minutes i have essences for approx 66x energy, getting essence to craft over 120x energy kits by running KT4 for 1 hour. Burning this number itself takes some time.

To me current event is fine. Btw ty for congratulations, i am still far from personal best, but at this rate i should beat it by the end of event. :-)

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dmqp View Post
    I am not keeping track on hm energy kits i've used, my guess is in time of writing comment i've burned something between 200-300 energy kits. I may be lucky, true, or i am just active. It is random chance after all as asommers mentioned. I myself got 2x double platinum egg drop in 2 runs in a row and then about 20 runs nothing, then 1 egg then long time nothing. Activity is the key. Since my comment i've looted another 13 eggs, today few more. And it is not just me, i am running in party with friends and i see them looting platinum eggs as well. Some players come here to whine asking for everything to be handed to them on golden plate, but i don't see any significant difference between drop rates of platinum eggs in 2023 and 2024 events. Activity always rewards in this event, made 9 digits number profit in gold by selling all rarities of eggs in just 2 days of event, this is still one of most profitable events in AL.
    I log every day since 2016 and i almost made plat in every event since then and i always farmed as i could. But at some point not easy to have the time both to farm 1000 essences (especially when i get 2/3 per map) and also have time to spend those energies, most of all in a time where people celebrate easter. I don't want everything served on a plate and even if also last year the drop of plat eggs was not op i didn't complain, because it felt if i actually ran more i could get more. This time no matter how many runs i do, i barely get even purples, think plats. Got only one so far among all runs i did. Don't consider also your experience in which you have time to invest and maybe an efficient pt also. Most of people don't have those. This is why drop should be less complicated, to make enjoy both who can play only one hour a day and to reward who plays 10h per day. This is why easter was so loved, was like a gift event. Now is just another way to turn all p2w

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sulphurea For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sulphurea View Post
    I log every day since 2016 and i almost made plat in every event since then and i always farmed as i could. But at some point not easy to have the time both to farm 1000 essences (especially when i get 2/3 per map) and also have time to spend those energies, most of all in a time where people celebrate easter. I don't want everything served on a plate and even if also last year the drop of plat eggs was not op i didn't complain, because it felt if i actually ran more i could get more. This time no matter how many runs i do, i barely get even purples, think plats. Got only one so far among all runs i did. Don't consider also your experience in which you have time to invest and maybe an efficient pt also. Most of people don't have those. This is why drop should be less complicated, to make enjoy both who can play only one hour a day and to reward who plays 10h per day. This is why easter was so loved, was like a gift event. Now is just another way to turn all p2w

I play this game since 2013, participating in all major events (been in top10 of some of them), are we comparing anything? :-)

What maps do you play to get 2-3 essence per map? As far as i know popular endgame maps give more than that. If you are not well geared for KT4, you can run Hauntlet, or popular indigo caverns, endgame players know popular spots, guilds can help in this as well. I am genuinely trying to help you here. If the gear is main problem, and friends/guild are not helpful, there is decent essence drop rate in forgotten citadell map as well. It definitely drops more than 2-3 essences per run and good gear isn't required.

I do play with my spouse and bestie, but often i run solo as warrior. We have to consider current gear in farming too. With current gear solo runs are almost as fast as party runs once we have latest gear (entire map can be ran in 3 procs, in 2 procs if you have high damage to finish last 3 eggs without armor proc). In party runs you can make turns in procs (even in random if you let them proc start). Farming of this event as endgame player is easier than ever before with same drop rates as during 2023, where is the problem? Asommers himself said purple eggs drop rates weren't changed. We just don't see re-rolls from luck sets that don't work anymore. Maybe re-roll messages that covered entire loot feed made us feel we were looting so many purple eggs. What other changes were made? STS just changed color of platinum egg and gave them requirement of platinum tier to start dropping from egg machines. I agree many features in AL were moved behind "paywall", even this event bring one "elixir that increases event score", honestly only lb runners require this elixir. Event is still great for us casual players to make high profit.

Prove me wrong, but weren't all energy based events since beginning of AL about farming energy essence, crafting energy kits, and burning kits in event? I keep reading people whine about "this event has poor essence drop rates" every single energy event, in fact drop rates weren't touched in years. Only change to energy kits was crafting fee as form of gold sink. If you are not ready to invest time into farming essences to craft energy, STS offers shortcut by buying energy. If you can't do neither, then how would you like to loot eggs? AL is not form of clash of clans game, where you open game, do upgrades and close game. AL is kind of game that rewards activity, its MMORPG.

I get your point, working people don't have as much time to play and prefer to spend holiday with family rather than grind AL. It is weekend, i have time to play now, i won't be as active during working days, yet still i managed to farm energy for 1hr and run event for another hour on friday. It wasn't long, but i've made profit.

Frankly, things have to be balanced. If STS had allowed us to drop a platinum egg every other run, just because some of us can't find enough time to grind AL, then those active ones with hours of free time would be making stacks of x999 platinum eggs.

To me things are balanced, believe me you'll get decent amount of platinum eggs if you'll keep running. Random runs are fast too (tested it), farming energy can be tricky without gear, KT4 probably require warrior (thankfully there are many warriors in AL), Indigo Caverns is usually full of players, and citadell map does not require team. AL had always been about grind.