Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Auction abuse/scam ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vvield View Post
    yes your so defensive instead helping and give more idea how to avoid that trick something smelly.

Sent from my nokia 3210 using Tapatalk
    Jesus, It's like I'm talking to a door

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by caabarader View Post
    Jesus, It's like I'm talking to a door
    LIKE WISE THANKS FOR YOUR HELP =)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Myexera View Post
    poor dude using nokia hahahaa . No wonder
    im sorry for i being a poor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts

Tonight on Info Wars

Name:  IMG_2458.jpeg
Views: 271
Size:  26.2 KB

How listing something cheep is a scam!
    Last edited by Stephencobear; 03-27-2024 at 02:07 PM.
    \m/,____( >. < ‘ )________,\m/
    Suentous

“The Cult” does not exist. Stop asking questions!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stephencobear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    522 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Myexera View Post
    poor dude using nokia hahahaa . No wonder
    Hey..that was uncalled for and very immature. Borders on vindictive. You may disagree but that's no reason to get personal.
    There are real people behind the posts, you should keep that in mind.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Susanne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Susanne View Post
    Hey..that was uncalled for and very immature. Borders on vindictive. You may disagree but that's no reason to get personal.
    There are real people behind the posts, you should keep that in mind.
    you're right it's not right to make the objection to a player's complaint personal, I know this vvield as a player I reported him w/ screenshots last year for trash talking me personally and my guild members, but it's okay to disagree rather than saying bad words personally against him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    522 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes View Post
    you're right it's not right to make the objection to a player's complaint personal, I know this vvield as a player I reported him w/ screenshots last year for trash talking me personally and my guild members, but it's okay to disagree rather than saying bad words personally against him.
    Thanks. I don't know him. I just wish people would get along without toxicity ingame and here. Take care

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Susanne View Post
    Thanks. I don't know him. I just wish people would get along without toxicity ingame and here. Take care
    I’m aware dry humor & sarcasm can be misinterpreted as potentially “toxic”
    but I refuse to not make fun of both myself & others XD
    \m/,____( >. < ‘ )________,\m/
    Suentous

“The Cult” does not exist. Stop asking questions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default Auction manipulation

Many players are abusing auction spamming items.

Example:
    Let's say most people sell x999 Red eggs at 3k each
    Player 1 places 20 x1 red eggs individually at 2.5k each filling 5 pages of auction
    Player 2 places 20 x1 red eggs individually at 2k each.
    Player 3 places x999 red eggs at 1.9k each.

They are deceiving players into selling their items for less gold. For these type of events, we don't want to spend 3 minutes trying to figure out what is the real price people are offering their items. There are legitimate ways of merching, but I don't think this should be one of them.

Suggestion: Add a restriction of 5 minutes to use auction for people who abuse this behavior.

Please, don't hard punish these people because I'm pretty sure there must be at least 1 of them that doesn't know how to sell more than 1 item at a time or got lucky enough to sell the same item several times without the intention to manipulate the prices.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Name:  image_2024-03-28_000843533.png
Views: 275
Size:  177.0 KB

Turn auction into something like this so people buy the lowest price no matter what and will be able to see the quantity of the lowest price (that is the part where it is supposed to help this subject). So when we get a such high pool on the same price it will get sold within the order people put in auction. So basically whoever puts it early gets advantage of selling it quicker.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Irreflexivo View Post

Example:
    Player 1 places 20 x1 red eggs individually at 2.5k each filling 5 pages of auction

They are deceiving players into selling their items for less gold. For these type of events, we don't want to spend 3 minutes trying to figure out what is the real price people are offering their items. There are legitimate ways of merching, but I don't think this should be one of them.

Suggestion: Add a restriction of 5 minutes to use auction for people who abuse this behavior.

Please, don't hard punish these people because I'm pretty sure there must be at least 1 of them that doesn't know how to sell more than 1 item at a time or got lucky enough to sell the same item several times without the intention to manipulate the prices.
    Not only 20 space sometimes i saw 50+ auc slot and they not using only 1 but 2-5 dummy characters have massive auc slot.

impossible they dont know what they doing 100% sure. its obvious they deciving the players o farmers

and this is not only ARLORIAN EGG EVENT they doing this every event there have Mats/items .

yes make some restrictions for 1-5mins or maybe limit put the same items like 5 pcs limit

14.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #52
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,483 Posts

Listing items for auction isn't against the Terms of Service.

Not sure why this is an issue since:
    1) you can sort by price per unit
    2) there's a confirmation dialog before purchase

Players will just need to remain vigilant.

-ALS

15. The Following User Says Thank You to asommers For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post

* you can sort by price per unit
    * there's a confirmation dialog before purchase

-ALS
    QUALITY : you need to reach x999 items to see what the lowest price. but if your cant reach x999 you dont see the lowest price in bulk/bundle

Price/stack Price/unit : only same when i click they have only 1 item appear .
    the buyers and famers will tired to scroll down because have many 1by1 item

Example . The item worth 20k

Deceive player : put 1 pcs item worth 10k by x50 so if the other players not aware put bundle/a Lot same price and the deceiver will buy the items and resell .

Farmers: have negative effects to this kind of style because the price of items will go down so fast and we know its not a joke of farming energy and running in event you need a lot of hours to play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post

1) you can sort by price per unit
    2) there's a confirmation dialog before purchase

Players will just need to remain vigilant.

-ALS
    You are more than welcome to actually try to sell the cheapest 'real' item under those circumstances, no matter how you decide to sort the items, you are still getting deceived unless you scroll those 50 fake pages, while those scammers get an amazing priority whenever a player is deceived. Believe me, those 50 guys you see here complaining about the same issue, have attempted to do it by themselves and are really experienced with auction. The ones that are not complaining, are exploiting it.

Since you only have to try it once, I do suggest you to do it to see how frustrating it is to do it every time you want to sell something.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Irreflexivo View Post

Example:

doesnt affect eggs selling , as those who wanna buy bulk will search cheapest by unit . and scroll down until you find eggs x100s .

it sorta helps you at the same time as other players have to scroll down also .otherwise those bulks of eggs will be sold so fast and quick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Megatr0n View Post
    doesnt affect eggs selling , as those who wanna buy bulk will search cheapest by unit . and scroll down until you find eggs x100s .

it sorta helps you at the same time as other players have to scroll down also .otherwise those bulks of eggs will be sold so fast and quick

doesn't affect really? tell me that if u can hunt esssence and run in 15-19 hours/day xD
    because of that kind dirty trick prices will go down so fast. you think its is Worth it??

and not only happen in arlor evenr its happen to all have event items and craftable items etc.

20.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #57
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,171 Posts

If there is a ‘dirty trick’ here the OP has not yet demonstrated it.

Contact customer service if you believe you have been scammed.

If you are upset about price changes in auction and want us to add features to further limit players item listing capability that is a different matter entirely.

Last edited by Cinco; 03-28-2024 at 09:56 AM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, Dominican Republic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Lightbulb Auction Revamp

I've been in this game for over 10 years now back when 100k was considered rich and most transaction was bellow that sum.

Let's be honest it's 10 years later, most transaction are in the millions and hundred millions, but the auction mechanic is still the same.

Somethings has been added that greatly helps and big thank you for the devs for adding the latest drop down menu for the category.

But the big elephant in the room that has never been addressed is the Listing Fees. Back when transaction were on low amount it didn't mean much, but now, most people are avoiding the Auction House for any big transaction.

I have a solution I want to propose for that.

Instead of one listing fee that amount to 5% of the value of the items, change it to a listing fee that dont go over a million and a comissions fee that can be equal to the 5% of the value the item got sold for, you pay the listing fee upfront as always and the commission fee got taken from the money you recieve. This way listing item in the Auction House will no longer be a race to the bottom where every sellers are cutting each other off to not be the one to pay that fee in vain.
    Let's be real, will anyone ever post their house on Zillow or any other site on the internet if they had to pay 5% percent the value of the house as listing fees, if it doesn't make sense in real life why should it make sense in a game that should tone down reality.

While we are at it we should also extend the duration from 3 days to up to 7 days, and the times to get your money or unsold item, from auction from 30 days to 90 days, before we lost it, real life is a thing and sometimes you get into conditions that dont allow you to log into the game for more than a month and its painfull for any returning player to notice that the item they left on auction get lost forever.

Last but not least is to make things a bit stricter so people dont go and abuse it for free adertising o for scamming purposes, anytime you cancel an auction you get to pay the commision fee.

This game has a lot of potential to be one of the best game just like it happened back in 2014

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Agree the idea but without paying 5% of that people will abuse it by cutting off each other so instead here is another one. Put a timer on the item that got pulled back from auction based on the duration owner list for like:

If someone listed X item for 12 hours and pulled it back this item can't be relisted for 12 hours.

5% tax is a lot nowadays just to list on auction so I also think it is way better to cut that tax out from the bought price.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

5% is pretty cheap and doesn't really need changed. It keeps people from flooding auc with stupidly priced items that never sell.

Btw apps do cost more than 5% in fees irl to sell stuff. I grossed over $800,000 on ebay last year in sales and each sale they take a minimum of atleast 10% from each sale. Not counting shipping price and taxes at the end of the year. $60,000 went towards shipping, $120,000 into ebay fees, about $85,000 into taxes. Trust me I hate this crap alot. Thats 33% of what I made into fees and taxes.
    House closing cost fee is about 10%.

Sent from my SM-S928U1 using Tapatalk