Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bear bug??

Tournament & Ladder Leader AbsolutePally's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Bears are tanks. Pvp is for team play ffa. It takes a team to take down a tank, just like in any other game. So attempting to solo a tank is ridiculous , and it should favor a bear if fighting 1/1. Imagine if you could solo a tank and it was easy!? Now it wouldn't be much of a tank would it. People speak of the 1h being overpowered, it's not. It doesn't have range, so if you get THAT close and become it's victim you've only youself to blame.
    Bears are vulnerable, stomp and beckon are the classes only ranged attacks. Not to mention the regeneration has been cut (it may increase with crafted/bonus) so if you keep at it, it's quite easy to take a tank down. You'll need your debuffs and tbh there aren't many pro mages left in this game. Int mage wand set has been so overpowered it makes ANY mage look good. Don't believe me? Ok then answer me this. Why do int mages need as much base dodge as a bird, almost the same base armor as a bear, over 100% crit, super high reg of both mana and health, and do more damage than a bear and bird combined? Mages do 500+ dmg at high end and typically do 350 on other spells. Yes bears need dodge!
    The truth is mages had everything including a shield, heal, and the ability to negate an entire combo!!! To the people that dont know what negating a combo is: it's when a bird performs a cruel blast on a mage when the shield is up, it says "absorbed" thus doing nothing. Now mages have the correct amount of dodge and armor (which should be low) but do amazing aeo damage and high heals. Mages are support class not motherships. Mages had such amazing all around stats they could have freedom of reign to walk in nuke while tanking and kill things without worrying about too much.
    Simply said the excessive amount of dodge on mage sets allowed for those players to make a lot of mistakes and capitalize on their massive damage to save them further. It's easy to see these mistakes, to me it's blaringly obvious, but made average players look and feel better.
    Humania sets are defiantly the noob-proof set cap, especially for mages.

To recap: bears may be op 1/1 and they should be. How can they tank multiple targets/attackers if they die 1/1 half the time just like that.
    This game is favoring team play, team dynamics, and ffa. The way it should be. Honestly mages shouldn't really 1v1 unless vs another mage. 1/1s should really be vs same class, other wise your comparing apples to oranges.
    Last edited by AbsolutePally; 11-01-2012 at 04:50 AM.
    Retired: Alwaysdt 71 Mage. Legends never die, they just fade away.

Revelation

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AbsolutePally For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutePally View Post
    Bears are tanks. Pvp is for team play ffa. It takes a team to take down a tank, just like in any other game. So attempting to solo a tank is ridiculous , and it should favor a bear if fighting 1/1. Imagine if you could solo a tank and it was easy!? Now it wouldn't be much of a tank would it. People speak of the 1h being overpowered, it's not. It doesn't have range, so if you get THAT close and become it's victim you've only youself to blame.
    Bears are vulnerable, stomp and beckon are the classes only ranged attacks. Not to mention the regeneration has been cut (it may increase with crafted/bonus) so if you keep at it, it's quite easy to take a tank down. You'll need your debuffs and tbh there aren't many pro mages left in this game. Int mage wand set has been so overpowered it makes ANY mage look good. Don't believe me? Ok then answer me this. Why do int mages need as much base dodge as a bird, almost the same base armor as a bear, over 100% crit, super high reg of both mana and health, and do more damage than a bear and bird combined? Mages do 500+ dmg at high end and typically do 350 on other spells. Yes bears need dodge!
    The truth is mages had everything including a shield, heal, and the ability to negate an entire combo!!! To the people that dont know what negating a combo is: it's when a bird performs a cruel blast on a mage when the shield is up, it says "absorbed" thus doing nothing. Now mages have the correct amount of dodge and armor (which should be low) but do amazing aeo damage and high heals. Mages are support class not motherships. Mages had such amazing all around stats they could have freedom of reign to walk in nuke while tanking and kill things without worrying about too much.
    Simply said the excessive amount of dodge on mage sets allowed for those players to make a lot of mistakes and capitalize on their massive damage to save them further. It's easy to see these mistakes, to me it's blaringly obvious, but made average players look and feel better.
    Humania sets are defiantly the noob-proof set cap, especially for mages.

To recap: bears may be op 1/1 and they should be. How can they tank multiple targets/attackers if they die 1/1 half the time just like that.
    This game is favoring team play, team dynamics, and ffa. The way it should be. Honestly mages shouldn't really 1v1 unless vs another mage. 1/1s should really be vs same class, other wise your comparing apples to oranges.
    Did i talk about humania sets at all??and yeah mages have the most crit most armor, heal,dodge.. They r much op.. Ur just forgetting the time it takes to frost a target or drain...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by TANKKAAR View Post
    Stop crying.

Maybe instead of spending all your time here complaining you should be in PvP practicing how to play your class better. Tbh if you can't win on a mage then I think its safe to say you shouldn't be pvping. You said it yourself bear only has 10 more armor then you and you have twice as much crit, not to even mention the fact you have heal and a mana shield! You say you can't hit him them because they dodge then try using your debuffs...lol... sounds to me like your just looking for a class to blame for your inability to win.

Oh yeh and just a tip.... try using the edit button instead of posting 5x in a row in a desperate attempt to keep this troll thread alive.
    First, this is my first thread, im not as freak as you but could still own ur mages , wanna fight my bear on ur mage?? Im up!!!. Second, im as lucky as i dont need to keep thi alive.. Ppl do it for me.. Third, no, i dont know how to do that, will u tell me how?? Fourth, u seem too nerd... Another typicall Player who can only win fights with bears?? Im up for my mage vs ur mage, birds or my bear vs ur mage.. Plz pm on me to fight and show me how worth the time u spent in front of a computer screen makin pics for ur forum comments to look more pro... I have a life ;p

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Very well said by AbsolutePally.

Mages have gotten used to being little tanks with their heals, mana shield, very high armor and 20+ dodge, as well as doing insane amounts of damage. Thus why many of them are complaining now. Birds seem to get along with the fact that without some lucky dodges they are dead in one second.

Bears should be strong at 1vs1 but I disagree with that they should be able to kill ANY class in one simple combo. A tank doesn't need to kill all the time, it needs to survive. An unshielded mage cant get close to a bear, not even considering to debuff the bear on the first hand because a beckon stomp will be an instant kill if they dont dodge. Birds can as well only pray for a beckon dodge and their roots to hit which will most likely decide the outcome of the fight.
    When they do dodge mages and birds they can nuke the sh*t out of that bear and all comes down to if the bear dodges enough to use beckon again or traps/stomps the opponent away before he dies.

I think the high damage on all classes ruins the game mechanics. I still can't decide if 76 or 71 was the worst cap for PvP/CTF both had their own problems.
    I'm a tank bear, I used to do pulls and debuff enemies to set up kills for my teammates as well as just tank through them to get flags or keep them off squishier chars. At 71 tanking also gave quite some kills because the crusher did very high damage. I couldn't be sure that I would kill any non str char in one combo and didnt even attempt to get into a 1-1 with str chars cause I knew it would take too long to kill one on my own. I would rather sling or stomp them away calculating the directions and timing the skills carefully. Now it's just beckon stomp + a few slashes and BOOM they are dead. Or wait, they dodged, I'm dead.

Moreover, dodge isn't actually as high as it seems. A bear who has 80 dodge dodges well less then 8/10 skills (not considering debuffs). Dodges, hits and misses often occur in streaks, which makes me wonder how the system calculates them (It's definitely not by the schematics that Phys found years back).

When I look at the game mechanics at lvls like 55 or 61 and compare them to endgame, it really makes me wonder what the devs are actually thinking when they put stats on new gear...
    OneRandomNoob - 76 meatshield | Gaunab - 76 dodgenub

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gaunab View Post
    Very well said by AbsolutePally.

Mages have gotten used to being little tanks with their heals, mana shield, very high armor and 20+ dodge, as well as doing insane amounts of damage. Thus why many of them are complaining now. Birds seem to get along with the fact that without some lucky dodges they are dead in one second.

Bears should be strong at 1vs1 but I disagree with that they should be able to kill ANY class in one simple combo. A tank doesn't need to kill all the time, it needs to survive. An unshielded mage cant get close to a bear, not even considering to debuff the bear on the first hand because a beckon stomp will be an instant kill if they dont dodge. Birds can as well only pray for a beckon dodge and their roots to hit which will most likely decide the outcome of the fight.
    When they do dodge mages and birds they can nuke the sh*t out of that bear and all comes down to if the bear dodges enough to use beckon again or traps/stomps the opponent away before he dies.

I think the high damage on all classes ruins the game mechanics. I still can't decide if 76 or 71 was the worst cap for PvP/CTF both had their own problems.
    I'm a tank bear, I used to do pulls and debuff enemies to set up kills for my teammates as well as just tank through them to get flags or keep them off squishier chars. At 71 tanking also gave quite some kills because the crusher did very high damage. I couldn't be sure that I would kill any non str char in one combo and didnt even attempt to get into a 1-1 with str chars cause I knew it would take too long to kill one on my own. I would rather sling or stomp them away calculating the directions and timing the skills carefully. Now it's just beckon stomp + a few slashes and BOOM they are dead. Or wait, they dodged, I'm dead.

Moreover, dodge isn't actually as high as it seems. A bear who has 80 dodge dodges well less then 8/10 skills (not considering debuffs). Dodges, hits and misses often occur in streaks, which makes me wonder how the system calculates them (It's definitely not by the schematics that Phys found years back).

When I look at the game mechanics at lvls like 55 or 61 and compare them to endgame, it really makes me wonder what the devs are actually thinking when they put stats on new gear...
    Thats a nice comment..this is kinda what i tried to explain, but i failed i guess.. I dun complain about their dodges, i complain about their dmge..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flower View Post
    Second, im as lucky as i dont need to keep thi alive..
    Big Luck does not work at PvP

Ppl do it for me..
    Then go to the 1v1 Alien Oasis map and watch

Plz pm on me to fight and show me how worth the time u spent in front of a computer screen makin pics for ur forum comments to look more pro...
    I think you won't find differences on forums of other games

Tip: Don't give so many templates .
    Proud Co-Leader of Xplict
    Sciazaratek: lv. 75 str/dex polarbear;
    Sciazarcher : lv.71 pure dex duck ;
    Sciazmage : lv. 75 pure int enchanter ;

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

I dun complain about their dodges, i complain about their dmge..
    you turned into the wrong direction. u complaining about their damage. whereas most of their skills r very short ranged, its ur fault if u cant kite and attact from a safe distance.

u said ur struggling against bears, u also said u have a bear which can kill anyother class easily. so y u don't pvp as bear. forget the mage. so either u still believe that mages r best (proving mages r op-est class) or u want all the advantages of bear and mages.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Did i talk about humania sets at all??and yeah mages have the most crit most armor, heal,dodge.. They r much op.. Ur just forgetting the time it takes to frost a target or drain...
    Noob

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Fncrazy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well its funny... Fncrazy if i dont use my bear is cuz its too easy, i wouldnt play this game more than a week if all i have to do is bekon stomp..-.- and well.. Im being called noob, crier, unskilled.. But none of u still asked to fight my bear with ur mages or just an easy mage vs mage.. If you are all that good just demonstratre it playin and not talkin sht...

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Well its funny... Fncrazy if i dont use my bear is cuz its too easy, i wouldnt play this game more than a week if all i have to do is bekon stomp..-.- and well.. Im being called noob, crier, unskilled.. But none of u still asked to fight my bear with ur mages or just an easy mage vs mage.. If you are all that good just demonstratre it playin and not talkin sht...
    What is your bears name? I want to meet this mage killer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Fncrazy View Post
    Jiunar bear lvl 51 flower mage lvl 51

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fncrazy View Post
    Lmao...... To funny

Thundarr lvl 15 warrior
    Midas lvl 12 sorcerer
    Guinevere lvl 12 rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I'm using a dex Mage with flying talon set and bear kills me before I can even get shield fully casted.

PL-lvl 76 Duper mage (main)
    AL- Hephaestus warrior (main), Duper Sorcerer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Superduper View Post
    I'm using a dex Mage with flying talon set and bear kills me before I can even get shield fully casted.
    Lol they r made to survive and tank, not to instant kill like birds.. Actually they r faster than birds...xD but many peeps here critizing me... But i got no pms on my bear...neither on my "noob" mage as many says.. Still waitin peeps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Hey flower, I certainly agree with the OP. Bears have become quite overpowered indeed.

I noticed you posted somewhere that a bear was pwning your bird around 55-56. If you need help beating bears as a bird, hit me up. The obedience bears are especially easy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Play as a bear nowadays is easy, under 20 auto stomp run, above 20 bekon stomp run... I reiterare any nub bear can own any pro mage nowadays... If u dont believe me add my 51 bear "jiunar" and fight me with a mage xD.. And im so nub with bear.. Example: if u pvp at 51 lvl u should know funkyread (promage, probably best 51 mage)i can easily own him with my bear with just 4 skills while he makes me 0 dmage..P.S: my bear suks a lot.. What im trying to say its that they can dodge almost all or crit all.. But both same time... Lame
    because of exactly what i said
    a bear can tank a combo at 51 taking no dmg as they can get like 65+ dodge with a sword
    this needs a reduction as i already stated
    also at 51-55 theres the obnoxious(yes i use it lol) build of royal sewer helm and armour with the weapon choice of a custom/raid/drainers recurve which still leave you with plenty of dodge as well as range for kiting and a very powerful 30% hit stacking debuff when added with hellscream, mages are going to miss almost everything
    also there are those with forgotten bows which are very OP and sts doesnt care so dont even worry about that
    imo royal sewers str req should be upped so you cant have a set with loads of dodge and still range and great hit
    its not the bears that are OP; its dodge. i mean just think of what dodge is: a 100% damage reduction
    as a 55 bear my favorite set to use is the fortified set with can be easily nuked by a mage if you dont know what you're doing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Lol they r made to survive and tank, not to instant kill like birds.. Actually they r faster than birds...xD but many peeps here critizing me... But i got no pms on my bear...neither on my "noob" mage as many says.. Still waitin peeps
    thats a good point
    if bears armour was high enough to tank root and cruel blast
    we should have to take a few slashes

Tournament & Ladder Leader AbsolutePally's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Just understand roles and you'll be fine. Bears are vicious grizzlies, beware of get mauled. Birds require tact and grace, precision this class has very specific combos to take down other classes and builds. Mages need a tank around because they are support healers.
    Retired: Alwaysdt 71 Mage. Legends never die, they just fade away.

Revelation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Lmao, just fought harangue, a peep who think can win a bear 51 on a mage.. Was losing 4-0 on a duel vs my nub bear.. Strategy?? Say go.. Lemme buff and run my buffs xD, good game but next time, plz serious fights, not lames

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutePally View Post
    Just understand roles and you'll be fine. Bears are vicious grizzlies, beware of get mauled. Birds require tact and grace, precision this class has very specific combos to take down other classes and builds. Mages need a tank around because they are support healers.
    Then ur saying mages should never 1vs1?? Only ffa with a tank next to them?? Mehhh